Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Of course Apple is going to say that. And the same applies to other devices as well.

Root access for Android, Dev mode for webOS, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    So I guess it doesn't matter that we HAVE to overclock and install 50+ patches to make the phone what it should be right. *roll eyes*
    I hate to agree with iTz Nicholas72 (it actually makes my stomach turn agreeing with this troll) but he is right on this one. I personally OC to just get my Pre to run something close to as smooth as an Iphone 3GS.

But I do want to point out: "Imitation is the truest form of flattery". Also, I'm glad that the guy showing off the multitasking on the iPhone did give credit to webOS. I think there some Apple ******* here who wouldn't ever be half as gracious.

Now if someone could get webOS notifications on an iPhone and convince Steve Jobs not void the warranty on a jailbroken iPhone, then I might consider the switch (not really).

OP thanks for the video post.
    Last edited by zulfaqar621; 08/25/2010 at 12:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Uhhh...last time I checked you didn't patch anything on webos to multitask. Sigh... Of course we patch webos, but the point is that users are having to hack an iPhone to do what a Pre does natively out the box.
    True. And the Pre natively produces TMC errors with or without patching - something the iPhone seems unable to reproduce with or without jailbreaking.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Of course Apple is going to say that. And the same applies to other devices as well.

Root access for Android, Dev mode for webOS, etc...
    Palm seems to embrace the homebrew community, not make efforts to disable them with every update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Not to mention that the new firmware for the ipad now requires a new jailbreak. According to Apple, if you don't get rid of the security hole that allows for the ipad to be jailbroken, you leave it open to all kinds of security threats.
    It's terrible. My iPad came with firmware 3.2.2, and I can't jailbreak it!
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Palm seems to embrace the homebrew community, not make efforts to disable them with every update.
    No argument there. I was addressing the security concerns remark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    True. And the Pre natively produces TMC errors with or without patching - something the iPhone seems unable to reproduce with or without jailbreaking.
    You are only partly correct. I dont get the TMC error running multiple PDK apps. I am however patched on a Palm Pre (not plus).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12