Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    so I'm getting a palm pre and palm pre plus so I can do some modifying on them (pre plus for sprint) I'm gonna over clock to 1ghz is this gonna be comparable to verizon incredible or new droid 2. I'm on the fence wether I should get the incredible but I kove web os. What are your guys thought
    I have a pre plus, overclocked to 800 mhz.

My wife purchased a droid incredible. After 3 weeks of waiting to get it, and 3 weeks of playing with it, she returned it. Pros: nice screen, more apps, google programs, better camera, and sleek device. Reasons for return: lack of a real keyboard, htc bluetooth has issues with various bluetooth sets, including her cars' bluetooth system, which we confirmed with a vzw employee's incredible; dropped phone calls ALL THE TIME, battery life similar to pre's.

meanwhile, my pre plus just kept on going...
    my buddie has a incredible. With patches and uberkernel it is very comparable. Even the camera was not that much better than the my pre's. The incredible does have a really nice screen though, even better resolution than my girlfriends droid X. My friend also complains about it always shutting off on him he says atleast once a day. I would say save your money and get the pre plus.
    The Incredible is four months old. That is an eternity for smartphones.

Why not consider the recent smartphones with keyboards: 3.7" Droid 2 or 4" Samsung Epic?

If you want to consider over-clocked phones, why wouldn't you over-clock the Droid 2 or Epic as well?

I love my Pre but am not sure what you are after...

- Craig
    I've got uberkernel running at 1ghz. When I show it to a droid user, they are always impressed with the speed.

if the screen was bigger, they'd be hooked. Have fun with that mod you are planning. Take lots of pictures...
    how do you get uberkernal to go at 1ghz?
    open govna and open one of the profiles, and you will see a 1ghz option now
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I've got uberkernel running at 1ghz. When I show it to a droid user, they are always impressed with the speed.

if the screen was bigger, they'd be hooked. Have fun with that mod you are planning. Take lots of pictures...
    I have Uber kernel and govnah. I see uberkernel supports 1gigahertz but I can't find it in govnah.. How is this enabled?
    You have to add the Webos-Internals Test Feed to the list of feeds in Preware. Then you can download the Uber that clocks to 1Ghz. Most people forget that because its almost the exact same kernel I think. Hope I helped.

-Gu1l7y
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    Found the source of the confusion. When one clicks profile then you need to tap advanced settings at the very top, but it looks like it is just a heading with the line below it. So if you are having trouble finding 1 gig tap the heading