1.    #1  
    My contract on VZW goes up this week and I am considering 3 different courses of action.

1) Upgrade to Pre Plus ASAP
    It sounds like everyone here likes it. And I know it's old, and the sales rep at VZW even told me they were "going out of style" which I don't like the sound of that. But it seems like a very capable device, and I don't want to wait to upgrade :/
    If I don't like it, then I'll likely pick up a droid incredible, and wait until my next contract to see what Webos device is out then

2) Wait to upgrade until end of September
    This would give time for the Pre2 to be announced, or have very serious rumors arising, in time for me to return the Pre Plus in my 30 day window (end of October, which is the current rumor).
    However, I really don't feel like waiting any longer than I have to for a new device.

3) Skip WebOS altogether and go for android.
    I have used android and I don't like it near as much as WebOS, and I know I would always have a jealousy towards WebOS, but it seems people are moving AWAY from palm, not TO them. I don't want to be a part of a dying trend.

Personally, I want to get it now, but thats my gadgety-ness coming out in me and not my brain, so I wanted to know what you guys thought, haha.

What do you guys think is best? Thanks
    Wait until the new hardware is released/announced. Buyers Remorce is a ***** trust me.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    The droid x seems like the best android phone on Verizon right now, however I still believe the evo is a better phone because I tend to lean towards CTIA winning phones, nod nod pre..
    @ shanshor.. Wait to upgrade until end of September
    This would give time for the Pre2 to be announced, or have very serious rumors arising, in time for me to return the Pre Plus in my 30 day window (end of October, which is the current rumor).
    However, I really don't feel like waiting any longer
    than I have to for a new device.

{RL}response.

This choice seem like the better of all. However, if you feel like the wait is too long. Then.. hey, the decision is yours to make.
    I wouldn't say you'd be crazy to wait.... you'd just be pretty ****ed off if the rumors turned out to be true and new hardware hit
    1) Upgrade to Pre Plus ASAP
    I wouldn’t Upgrade to a Pre Plus just yet if your current phone is functional. As far as what the VZW sales rep said, he is just trying to sell Android devices.

2) Wait to upgrade until end of September
    This will be your best option as you should know what the form factor of the next WebOS phone will be.

Bad choice – Managing Android apps is a "nightmare" because of all the different versions and devices. Google will track every metric they can from your phone and your use habits. There are backwards and forwards compatibility issues with different Versions of the OS. With so many Android phones from so many manufactures, you have built in obsolesces.

Stick it out for the nest WebOS device and you will come out ahead.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Snag a Pre Plus on ebay for dirt cheap.
    Verizon models are flooding the market.

Then if a new phone comes out just sell the old Pre Plus (you'll likely lose between 50-75$) and you're done. Then contract into the new phone.
    +1
    Buy this one on Ebay Palm Pre Plus Verizon NO Contract - eBay (item 260650801819 end time Aug-21-10 11:13:32 PDT) and save your upgrade. You can enjoy the Pre Plus now and upgrade when the new gadget comes out. At that point, you can sell the Pre Plus. You'll lose a little $$ but not a bunch!
    No way I sign a new contract for a Pre Plus now. Buy one off contract, if you really want one now.
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Bad choice Managing Android apps is a "nightmare" because of all the different versions and devices. Google will track every metric they can from your phone and your use habits. There are backwards and forwards compatibility issues with different Versions of the OS. With so many Android phones from so many manufactures, you have built in obsolesces.
  12.    #12  
    haha okay guys thanks for your input. It seems the clear winner here is to wait until the end of september and see whats happening. I'll try to deal with my storm a bit longer
    A storm? No wonder you want to upgrade asap. Truthfully though, I wouldn't sign a 2 year contract and use an upgrade for the pre plus right now. Wait till end of September, but then check out non contract pricing on e-bay, amazon, craigs list, ect... Before buying on contract, though I would avoid getting on contract for the pre if I were you.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by richc3 View Post
    Snag a Pre Plus on ebay for dirt cheap.
    Verizon models are flooding the market.

Then if a new phone comes out just sell the old Pre Plus (you'll likely lose between 50-75$) and you're done. Then contract into the new phone.

the pre + overclocked is AWESOME....
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    you guys are all assuming vzw will welcome the new hp palm phones with open arms come sept or october.

trust me, being on vzw for a long time I would love it, but vzw has given no indication whatsoever that they want to carry webOS phones for a while. I would assume that att and sprint will get the phones first...
    I would go with what the majority of people are saying and buy a Palm Pre Plus off Ebay

The benefit of that is you will not be locked into a contract and you will be able to upgrade immediately to the new Palm device if/when it does come out for Verizon.

Of course we wouldn't want you to go Android, but if the choice were mine I would go HTC Incredible
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
    Waiting for a new webos device means you have to wait till next year.
    If you buy the pre+, hmm... old hardware... slow... battery??? i don't think that make a sense...

webos users have always to wait... because hp has flexable displays and so on but no new webos device...

i get a new contract at december and i dont think that there will be something new with webos so i will buy an android device. with up-to-date hardware...
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    you guys are all assuming vzw will welcome the new hp palm phones with open arms come sept or october.

trust me, being on vzw for a long time I would love it, but vzw has given no indication whatsoever that they want to carry webOS phones for a while. I would assume that att and sprint will get the phones first...
    this is exactly my fear.
  19.    #19  
    For what it's worth I think I'm gonna buy a pre from ebay and take another line's upgrade in march. This gives time for CES and any announcements then. Thanks you guys for your advice.