Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    sprints 3g is horrible to be honest and sprint 4g depends on location. To be honest with the 10 fee you are closing in on att and verizon price with suckier phones.

att 3g is ungodly fast, tmobiles is no joke as well. Sprint is horrible.
    Exact opposite where I'm at... AT&T in Chicago is horrible. Speed is terrible and calls drop constantly. Coming over to Sprint from there has been a night and day experience. Faster speeds on Sprint and I have yet to drop a call. I've been extremely surprised and happy since leaving the Deathstar network.
    At some point people will stop claiming one carrier's speeds are better than another's in general and realize that it all depends on the battle cry of the real estate industry: Location! Location! Location!
    Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    att 3g is ungodly fast

Put down the pipe or use your phone in more than 5 mile radius...
    It all depends really on where you are and how saturated the carriers network is. Here in San Francisco you might as well forget AT&T. I spent the summer back in KY where AT&T's network is spectacular, 5 bars ANYWHERE you go and I randomly ran speed tests on my sisters iPhone which generally always produced around 2Mbps.
    Difference between AT&T (iPhone) and Sprint (Pre) is night and day here in the Lou....with the Pre being loads faster.

St. Louis metro is a relatively spread out slow kind of place so I can't imagine either network is being tested it it's limits.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I'd stay with the pre. Don't jump yet. At least not for the evo. If you can't wait for a new palm phone I'd say wait for the Epic to launch and get it a week after ppl leave their review. Pros cons

I to was very interested in the evo but battery issues are a deal breaker for me
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Difference between AT&T (iPhone) and Sprint (Pre) is night and day here in the Lou....with the Pre being loads faster.

St. Louis metro is a relatively spread out slow kind of place so I can't imagine either network is being tested it it's limits.
    This has been my experience in nearly every large metropolitan areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmwillz View Post
    I'd stay with the pre. Don't jump yet. At least not for the evo. If you can't wait for a new palm phone I'd say wait for the Epic to launch and get it a week after ppl leave their review. Pros cons

I to was very interested in the evo but battery issues are a deal breaker for me
    Compared to the Pre, the EVO battery lasts for an eon. Furthermore, the battery life on an evo is much improved after the last two updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakidd View Post
    HELP i need to know should i switch
    Yes.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackbone View Post
    Compared to the Pre, the EVO battery lasts for an eon. Furthermore, the battery life on an evo is much improved after the last two updates.
    Indeed. Today my EVO battery has dropped 8% in 5 hrs 45 minutes. That's 8 PERCENT in almost SIX hours! Stock battery, no task mangers. Really, people need to stop with "the EVO has battery issues" line.
    EVO (really Android 2.X) has very good idle/standby performance.
    My Pre sitting on my desk on wifi with nothing actively running, or being used and only checking a couple email accounts was dead within ~20hrs. It literally just sat on my desk the whole time.

My EVO easily lasts 16-20 hours of actual real life moderate usage.

Of courses actively using the phone is going to significantly drain the battery for either phone. But to me standby performance is huge.
    It does just as well as my TP2 does. I use lots of email, lots of data entry with a couple of programs. Not really a problem at all.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    ok im sorry for the delay...didnt wanna seem like i abandoned the tread but i got the evo. i swear i love webos better then this htc sense. i carry both my evo and my pre and i use my pre more so then my evo. ive rooted the evo and everything and i swear my pres battery last forever using sr71. i play my emulators on it and facebook on it as the dam evo's facebook app is trash compared to facebook beta on pre. i must say that if palm changes the form factor on there next device and its similar to the evo . i think ill have the perfect phone. cause other then the pre being small...and really small compared to my hands...im a 7ft 300lb guy...LOL id like to see a palm device as big as the evo with all of webos functions...if only i could swap the os...woooo
    Shaq, is that you?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    shhhhh....
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    get the evo, send me the pre.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Dam this evo.....palm hurry up I wanna get rid of this evo ASAP
    hmmm, if you can claim better battery and facebook on the pre, I'm not sure you got an evo..... everything is better on mine, I do miss the card system and community, but thats it....
    You have (had) a bad EVO (or bad App) if you are seriously getting better battery life on your Pre (w/ stock batteries)... even with a custom kernel... I easily get 2x the battery life on my EVO (compared to my Pre) and that is with ScreenState and custom kernel on the Pre and Stock on the EVO.

The Facebook app on the EVO is much better (imo) than the Pre but perhaps that is just a personal preference.
    Yeah. The pre really does not compare to the evo on battery. Facebook is a toss up I guess...depending on what you like.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast