Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    I just don't get it when people say that when they get a different phone they can't stop flicking...it took me five minutes because when I got my Evo I knew it had buttons and no gesture area so I never tried to flick it. I could never go back to that little screen...I alway use my phone in portrait mode because the top half of the phone is just as large as the Pre in landscape so I turn if off.
    No need to understand why. Just know that ice cream comes in many flavors. I no more need to understand why like strawberry (no accusation, just a wild meaningless guess) than you need to know why I like rocky road.
    Yes, you should go get one today.
    I Love Lamp
    just get the evo. Why are you asking that here? Of curse they're going to tell you to keep it. Go ask that in androidcentral and it's going to be the exact opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I Love Lamp
    .....i was going to respond with the next line....but bbca has a show about Labiaplasty and i have no idea how to change the channel now... or concentrate, or....this is weird... and wrong................ ............ ..... what thread am i in?
    Palm prē-ist.
    Not sure where these rumors of a new WebOS phone in October stemmed from, but the timeline doesn't add up with what HP/Palm has already announced.

If a new device is indeed launched in October, you still have the issue of shoddy software; HP has already said 2.0 isn't slated until early 2011. For me, hardware was never an issue, my Pre never had oreo issues, power button pop-offs, screen issues, etc. –*it was always software for me, too slow and too feature-less.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Not sure where these rumors of a new WebOS phone in October stemmed from, but the timeline doesn't add up with what HP/Palm has already announced.

If a new device is indeed launched in October, you still have the issue of shoddy software; HP has already said 2.0 isn't slated until early 2011. For me, hardware was never an issue, my Pre never had oreo issues, power button pop-offs, screen issues, etc. *it was always software for me, too slow and too feature-less.
    no hp announced a tablet would appear q1 2011. both hp and palm have said several times 2.0 would be fall.
    Palm prē-ist.
    If a new device is indeed launched in October, you still have the issue of shoddy software; HP has already said 2.0 isn't slated until early 2011. For me, hardware was never an issue, my Pre never had oreo issues, power button pop-offs, screen issues, etc. *it was always software for me, too slow and too feature-less.
    I've not seen such an announcement from Palm or HP. What's your source? As a matter of fact, I seem to remember hearing them say that 2.0 will be out in late 2010.

They did say a WebOS based slate would be out in early 2011. Maybe in your enthusiasm for all that is negative about Palm, you're confusing the two?
    I would wait to see what comes out in the next 3 months. There will be some new big devices, Smartphones are gonna be the thing this holiday.
    Thank me if I helped you.

Hardware has a big part in why the device is slow. Have you tried overclocking? Odds are that the next Palm Device will e running at a 1ghz, and the pre is only runnning at 550mhz (half the speed). New hardware would be a great improvement.
    Thank me if I helped you.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    Hardware has a big part in why the device is slow. Have you tried overclocking? Odds are that the next Palm Device will e running at a 1ghz, and the pre is only runnning at 550mhz (half the speed). New hardware would be a great improvement.
    I think many would disagree. Throwing more CPU cycles at the issue is just putting a band aid on the real issue (optimizing the OS).

Many other devices run at the same ~600mhz and do not suffer from the lag and memory issues the Pre does.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    I think many would disagree. Throwing more CPU cycles at the issue is just putting a band aid on the real issue (optimizing the OS).

Many other devices run at the same ~600mhz and do not suffer from the lag and memory issues the Pre does.
    Hey,dont talk like that, Hp starts stroking out at negative speak about palm....still....
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I've not seen such an announcement from Palm or HP. What's your source? As a matter of fact, I seem to remember hearing them say that 2.0 will be out in late 2010.

They did say a WebOS based slate would be out in early 2011. Maybe in your enthusiasm for all that is negative about Palm, you're confusing the two?
    Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    Everybody jumping ship for the Sprint 4G phones should understand that:

1. You have to live in an area where 4G is actually available.
    2. You will be paying a fee for 4G service, even in the areas that aren't on 4G, which is pretty much everywhere.
    Everybody jumping ship for the Verizon 4G phones (next year) should understand that:

1. You have to live in an area where 4G is actually available. (Sprint will have more coverage at the release of Verizons first 4G phones)
    2. You will be paying a fee (most likely) for 4G service, even in the areas that aren't on 4G (less coverage than Sprint), which is pretty much everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    Everybody jumping ship for the Sprint 4G phones should understand that:

1. You have to live in an area where 4G is actually available.
    2. You will be paying a fee for 4G service, even in the areas that aren't on 4G, which is pretty much everywhere.
    .. And that extra $10 still has my bill cheaper than what I would pay on AT&T or Verizon for a comparable plan. If I didn't have 4G (and I do here in SF) I wouldn't mind paying that $10 as I would hope it's used to help expand the network.

Besides, not having 4G wouldn't negate the fact that I have a badass phone.

This guy's speedtests on his iphone are typical of what we see on AT&T using an iphone 4.

I was surprised that Sprint's 4G is actually slower at uploads. And downloads is basically on par with AT&T 3G. And much worse on battery life.

So people on Sprint "4G" will pay an extra 10 dollars to get closer to AT&T 3G speeds? Cool i guess. Hopefully when AT&T and Verizon get 4G, it will really be worthy of the name.

BTW..the sprint 3G tests were pretty much on target as well. That's too slow for those wanting to share 8mp pics, hd video, flash browsing, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post

This guy's speedtests on his iphone are typical of what we see on AT&T using an iphone 4.

I was surprised that Sprint's 4G is actually slower at uploads. And downloads is basically on par with AT&T 3G. And much worse on battery life.

So people on Sprint "4G" will pay an extra 10 dollars to get closer to AT&T 3G speeds? Cool i guess. Hopefully when AT&T and Verizon get 4G, it will really be worthy of the name.

BTW..the sprint 3G tests were pretty much on target as well. That's too slow for those wanting to share 8mp pics, hd video, flash browsing, etc.
    Bandwidth is the ultimate YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Bandwidth is the ultimate YMMV.
    Indeed. My speeds with both types are much higher than those shown in the test. As the reviewer mentions over and over...those wrre HIS results.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    sprints 3g is horrible to be honest and sprint 4g depends on location. To be honest with the 10 fee you are closing in on att and verizon price with suckier phones.

att 3g is ungodly fast, tmobiles is no joke as well. Sprint is horrible.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast