1.    #1  
    Did anybody here today that Palm acually confirmed that indeed the Palm M130 has a 12 bit color screen and not a 16 bit like they advertized. I found this pretty amazing that palm would false advertize or maybe just not know enough about the products they make?

Jonathan
    The Internet is a great way to get on the Net.
    --Bob Dole
    Hey,

A color depth changer would've confirmed that the 130 only had 4,000 colors. I think that palm said that the 130 supported 65,000 on purpase, this was to compete with the treo with an admitted 4,000 colors. Who can tell one way or another anyway? I am thankful to have my Prism and I am very satisfied. So there. :-P
    Cheers
    Originally posted by YoYoman412
    Did anybody here today that Palm acually confirmed that indeed the Palm M130 has a 12 bit color screen and not a 16 bit like they advertized. I found this pretty amazing that palm would false advertize or maybe just not know enough about the products they make?

Jonathan
    Jonathan, I'm curious where you got that it was 12 bit ? The following article makes a claim about total colors, but I'm not sure I buy it:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...tech_palm_dc_1

An excerpt:
    "The m130 -- whose slogan is "as colorful as your life" -- can really display only 58,621 colors, not 65,536 colors, said company spokeswoman Marlene Somsak."

58,621 would be a number somewhere between 15 bit (32,768 colors) and 16 bit (65,536 colors). I can't believe that someone would actually notice such a small difference, so I question the articles accuracy. Anybody have any other definitive source ?
  4.    #4  
    Heres the link from where I got it at PalmInfoCenter

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=4039

A lot of people are pissed off and I guess I dont blame them.The fact Palm not know their own product is what amazies me and others.

Jonathan
    The Internet is a great way to get on the Net.
    --Bob Dole
    Originally posted by YoYoman412
    Heres the link from where I got it at PalmInfoCenter

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_Story.asp?ID=4039

A lot of people are pissed off and I guess I dont blame them.The fact Palm not know their own product is what amazies me and others.

Jonathan

Thanks for the link Jonathan. Being an engineer in the consumer electronics industry for almost 10 years, I don't believe for a minute that Palm made an 'honest mistake'. Their marketing department decided to play games with their words by using phrases such as 'supports 65000+', etc.

The point of the original poster who found the lack of 16 bit color was that the Handspring could have made the same claims with the Treo, but they took the high road and specifically stated that the Treo displays 12-bit color. To make the m130 sounds more appealing, some Palm marketer dreamed up 'supports 65000+'.

I've always been a Palm supporter, but this is a real shame.
    Here's another link
    Now there is a class action lawsuit starting from a firm in CA. This is the dumbest thing in the world, this is the kind of stuff that makes me hate lawyers!

I don't think Palm is the most honest company in the industry but why not at least wait to see what Palm offers owners before bringing a lawsuit. Even if Palm offered owners a $25 rebate it would probably be more than they would get from joining a class action lawsuit.

From what I have seen in former class action lawsuits, they only fatten the wallets of the lawfirm that bring it. The members of the class action usually get squat!
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    The lawsuit seems to be a cherished American instiution. You guys sue for everything -- if your coffee is to hot, if you slip in the snow...where does it end?

Originally posted by maddog
    Now there is a class action lawsuit starting from a firm in CA. This is the dumbest thing in the world, this is the kind of stuff that makes me hate lawyers!

I don't think Palm is the most honest company in the industry but why not at least wait to see what Palm offers owners before bringing a lawsuit. Even if Palm offered owners a $25 rebate it would probably be more than they would get from joining a class action lawsuit.

From what I have seen in former class action lawsuits, they only fatten the wallets of the lawfirm that bring it. The members of the class action usually get squat!