Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hahahahhaha what a joke xD that has to be the worst phone. i rather get a motorola 8000 than the hero. <deleted by Mod>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/20/2010 at 01:27 AM. Reason: rude comment deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    He didn't get the Evo because even if he wanted to he would be unable to find one...they are sold out or out of stock everywhere. Sorry but there are lots of us including the editors here on this site that own multiple platforms including myself with the Evo...if you don't want to read another I got rid of my crapPre story feel free not to read.
    Do you just copy and paste the same thing every time an android related thread comes up? Honestly, we get it, you like android.

To the OP- A Hero, really???Should have at least gotten the Evo.
    Quote Originally Posted by en0x View Post
    Ok got the hero then go to android forum and talk about it there... we don't need another 1000000th thread I got hero/evo or other phone and I threw away my pre
    This is the cross platform forum if you don't like reading about other devices avoid the cross platform section of pre central. I enjoy people comparing phones and giving there opinions. I believe this is why there is a cross platform section in the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by yaggermr View Post
    This is the cross platform forum if you don't like reading about other devices avoid the cross platform section of pre central. I enjoy people comparing phones and giving there opinions. I believe this is why there is a cross platform section in the forums.
    I think enOx's issue is that this isn't the "let's see how many threads about dumping pre for android we can create because that's the primary purpose of this site" forum. Maybe if this conversation was happening in one of the MANY similar threads already started... he wouldn't complain. I could be wrong, but that might be what he was trying to say.
    I guess that could be just seems like people are a little sensitive about people switching phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by yaggermr View Post
    I guess that could be just seems like people are a little sensitive about people switching phones.
    I don't think anyone was "sensitive" until we hit about 50 threads like this. For example, when the EVO came out, one of the mods said that there were more than 300 threads like this from people switching to EVO. 300 threads on the same topic!

There aren't 300 threads like that on the EVO forum. In fact, I hang out at androidcentral.com as well as here, and you just don't see many threads like this. Even when they are "I dumped my Pre for Android" they don't get much traffic. Partly because the android community is boring, but partly because no one really cares. Questions and information are interesting. Telling everyone what you did at the store today is what Twitter does.

I'm not complaining, just explaining because I know it sometimes gets on my nerves - especially when I'm searching for something and I have to look through dozens of duplicate threads hoping to find an answer. Something to consider since there are 400,000 members to think about...
    Last edited by Workerb33; 08/19/2010 at 11:47 PM.
    point taken duplicate threads are a bit obnoxious.
    I think it's also partly because of Palm/webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Even when they are "I dumped my Pre for Android" they don't get much traffic. Partly because the android community is boring, but partly because no one really cares.
    Most of the Android folks, like most smartphone customers in general, have never heard of the Pre.

...and I think you're confusing 'boring' with 'not hyper-sensitive about their phones.'
    Then there are those of us who have kept up with the various platforms. I went from Centro to WM with the 800W, then the Touch Pro, then the Touch Pro 2 and now the Evo. For some of us there are issues that a particular device does not address. In my situation, if I knew what I know now about the Evo, I would have stayed with the TP2. I left Palm's Centro due the lack of multi-tasking. I went with the TP because the applications were there that fit my need; the Pre did not without the use of an emulator and having suffered with StyleTap on the 800W, I did not want to repeat the pain.

Moving to a WM 7 device is not a consideration because that platform will not support the main application I routinely use within the foreseeable future.

We all have our reasons. The Evo is a great device, but it does have its own series of issues and a few of them are really inconvenient.
    Even when they are "I dumped my Pre for Android" they don't get much traffic. Partly because the android community is boring, but partly because no one really cares.

The Android community is boring compared to the Palm's partly because they don't have all the problems thats comes with Pre ownership ie, my screen cracked, not working, broken buttons, more cracks, missing door, tmc, oreo ,keypad stop working, on my 3,4,5,6 Pre, need a patch/kernel, etc etc. Its feels kinda good to be boring knowing that your device just works out of the box with minimum issues if any at all.

There are many webos users on Androidcentral and most are their plotting there move from the Pre to the Epic/Evo once their contract allows them to upgrade or switch carriers. Due to having both Evo/Pre I can go to both sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Why didn't you get an Evo? The Hero, really????
    The EVO is the only alternative to the pre in my mind. Just look at the comparison

Compare Phones (Phone Scoop)
    I would love for our mods to combine similar posts into one single monolithic "Exit Interview" thread for everyone that opts out of the WebOS experience. I don't mind reading some side-by-side feature comparisons. I dislike threads like this one, though, that lack any sort of meaningful analysis and simply seem to troll the board.
    .,;-#$^***^$#-;,.

I went from pre to hero and back to pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by konsole View Post
    I would love for our mods to combine similar posts into one single monolithic "Exit Interview" thread for everyone that opts out of the WebOS experience. I don't mind reading some side-by-side feature comparisons. I dislike threads like this one, though, that lack any sort of meaningful analysis and simply seem to troll the board.
    The I'm leaving because of... rants are moved to the General Complaints thread. I think we have 3000 posts there now.

Comparison with other phones get put off into this Cross-Platform Chat area. That way no one sees the comparisons to other phones unless that is what they are looking for.

- Craig
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12