Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    not sure but the lack of multitasking and having to close apps... and NO facebook app designed for iPad really killed it for me.. VERY few apps... mostly for games... i don't know.. maybe i was expecting to much?

Either way i'm taking it back i'll just get a macbook instead.. this way i can do everything and still be able to write programs... and not be limited to a small iPhone app that comes up on the iPad the actual size if the iPhone. Oh yea did i mention multitasking !!! maybe i'm spoiled from WebOS.
    The fact you were deciding between an iPad or a Macbook means you had no idea what you needed out of the device haha.

Two very different products.
    Looks like you got it as some kind of laptop replacement. The thing is a toy, not something for productivity.
    Sorry you didn't like it. The lack of a Facebook app is a little surprising but the full version of the website works great. Surprising to hear a WebOS user complaining about a lack of apps, there are many more iPad apps than WebOS apps.

I am sure you will enjoy your Mac Book, I love my iMac. Not really intended for the same sort of use though.
    Not sure how you can complain about the lack of apps when I just looked and there are now over 22,000 iPad-specific applications and one really nice Facebook app.

Granted, the iPad and an actual laptop do serve two very different purposes they do cross genres. I've done plenty of coding on my iPad using a nice case to prop it up and my bluetooth keyboard.

For me, personally, "closing" an application is no different than minimizing a window to bring focus to another window on an actual computer, especially considering most apps now are state saving.

To each their own.
    Not many apps? I thought all iPhone apps ran on that thing?

<<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Not many apps? I thought all iPhone apps ran on that thing?
    They do, plus the 22,000 iPad-specific apps.
  8.    #8  
    Yea.. I had a gift cert for Apple have had it for almost a year now and i had no idea if they expire or get charged if not used.... so i figure i'd get a iPad to keep in the living room to just BS with and browse things with.. I think those 22,000 apps... include 10,000 ebook apps for ipad. But again i wanted something simple to leave on living room table i'm sure if i forced myself i could get the hang of it but it's not as impressive as i was hoping for. And i even let my brother use it for a day and he's a diehard iPhone guy.. even he says def not worth the $700.. to just dish out a few hundred more and get a 13" macbook, it's thin light and has a long lasting battery. I already have dedicated Desktop and laptop(15" workhorse). Just needed to use up this gift card. Maybe i downloaded the wrong Facebook app... but it was the same size as the iPhone on the screen.. kinda red

I'm sure i may have overhyped it in my head. Def an awesome piece of equipment. But i think i was expecting more. Def my fault.
    Last edited by antonio3; 08/19/2010 at 03:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    I already have dedicated Desktop and laptop(15" workhorse). Just needed to use up this gift card.

I sure i may have overhyped it in my head. Def an awesome piece of equipment. But i think i was expecting more. Def my fault.
    Why do you want a 15" laptop and a 13" laptop?
  10.    #10  
    because i have an Apple gift card i got from a client.. might as well use it, is my thought process. the 15" i currently have is a PC running Vista/Ubuntu... Either way it's a gift/free
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    If there is nothing you really want from Apple then sell the gift card to someone for 3/4 face value and pocket the cash.
    I find the lack of multitasking to be pretty annoying as well. Its a shame that a webOS tablet would have a great multitasking systems, but no apps to take advantage of it, and the iPad has great apps, but is annoying to use because of the lack of multi tasking.
    I'd assume the update coming in september will bring iOS4 level features (such as multitasking) to the iPad.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    I find the lack of multitasking to be pretty annoying as well. Its a shame that a webOS tablet would have a great multitasking systems, but no apps to take advantage of it, and the iPad has great apps, but is annoying to use because of the lack of multi tasking.
    Jailbreak it, add circulous and call it a day.
    Go to JailbreakMe on your iPad. Once jail broken you can install Backgrounder through Cydia (like the app store but for jailbreak programs). With backgrounder you can multitask... I'm tethered to my sprint pre, listening to pandora and typing this on my iPad...

I'm still getting the palm pad when it comes out!
  16.    #16  
    I just jailbroke it a few hours ago... i'll play around with it tonight and most of tomorrow... i have to say the hardware is 100% solid feels great and is responsive... BUT the software/OS kinda stinks. If quickOffice comes to WebOS... along with Bubbles NanPlayer, Apple Better look out. WebOS is MUCH more functional. But i gotta give it to Apple... Def A+ on physical design and hardware.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    I just jailbroke it a few hours ago... i'll play around with it tonight and most of tomorrow... i have to say the hardware is 100% solid feels great and is responsive... BUT the software/OS kinda stinks. If quickOffice comes to WebOS... along with Bubbles NanPlayer, Apple Better look out. WebOS is MUCH more functional. But i gotta give it to Apple... Def A+ on physical design and hardware.
    For your Facebook app, get full force on cydia, you will appreciate the change.
    The iPad feels responsive because of the software. The processer is fast relative to the Pre's but much slower than the CPU in a netbook which feels sluggish in comparison.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Not sure how you can complain about the lack of apps when I just looked and there are now over 22,000 iPad-specific applications and one really nice Facebook app.
    what facebook app are you talking about.. i don't see a iPad specific facebook app anything specific i should look for?
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    send me ur mac book

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast