Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Typing this response on my
    iPad while waiting for my pizza. That may not be productivity, but it's not bad.
    The lack of multitasking kills me on the iPad. I love my iPad and won't be giving it up soon, but I am really needing iOS 4 on this thing. It's annoying getting kicked out of the app store when installing something just to have to jump right back in to install something else.

Overall I am very pleased with my iPad, mainly because of the insane battery life. It also makes an awesome thin client! I have jump desktop on it and I can RDP/VNC into anything.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    what facebook app are you talking about.. i don't see a iPad specific facebook app anything specific i should look for?
    Download Full Force in Cydia and have it set to work with the existing Facebook App.

Night and day difference, you will have no desire for an "iPad specific" Facebook version
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    The lack of multitasking kills me on the iPad. I love my iPad and won't be giving it up soon, but I am really needing iOS 4 on this thing. It's annoying getting kicked out of the app store when installing something just to have to jump right back in to install something else.

Overall I am very pleased with my iPad, mainly because of the insane battery life. It also makes an awesome thin client! I have jump desktop on it and I can RDP/VNC into anything.
    I'm not sure then what you think 4.0 is going to do for you. You'd still get kicked out when the app is installing. Jailbreaking allows multitasking anyways.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    send me ur mac book

Sure.. i'll trade you my iPad for seven hundred and six one dollar bills then we have a deal
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I'm not sure then what you think 4.0 is going to do for you. You'd still get kicked out when the app is installing. Jailbreaking allows multitasking anyways.
    Apple needs to fix it is all I am saying. Making multiple app purchases is a PITA.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    why does apple have to fix it? Customers should be informed on their purchase before they purchase it. It was their choice to enter the apple mindset. I'm just sayin....
  8.    #28  
    phew.. just returned it. i'll get a 13" macbook pro in a few weeks when things slow down for me. It'll be my first mac! I do use a TON of linux stuff so it shouldn't be to bad to use it.
    phew.. just returned it. i'll get a 13" macbook pro in a few weeks when things slow down for me. It'll be my first mac! I do use a TON of linux stuff so it shouldn't be to bad to use it.
    It's funny, I just sold my 13" MBP because I haven't used it since owning my iPad 3G.

Did you have the wifi or 3G model? I had the wifi model because it was the first to come out. I sold it and bought the 3G model when it became available. It made all the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    It's funny, I just sold my 13" MBP because I haven't used it since owning my iPad 3G.

Did you have the wifi or 3G model? I had the wifi model because it was the first to come out. I sold it and bought the 3G model when it became available. It made all the difference.
    Wow I don't understand how someone could use the iPad isn't as their main computer. Mine functions way too slowly to be used for more than basic sofa browsing, which is understandable. I expect within a few (1-2) product cycles this "issue" will be remedied. I, personally, would love to use a tablet computer for pretty much everything, the tech just isn't there yet imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Wow I don't understand how someone could use the iPad isn't as their main computer.
    I don't use my iPad as my main computer. I have a 27" iMonster, attached to a secondary, 24" display. If people are trying to use an iPad as a main computer, they are missing the point. My iPad is the portable computing device that goes with me when I leave the house. It also serves as the in the house, but away from the desk device of choice. I can bring and use my iPad in places and ways that I could never use my MBP. It is definitely not a main computer. It certainly does replace a secondary laptop, though.
    the lack of multitasking .. and NO facebook app designed for iPad really killed it for me..
    Seems to me you made a rash purchase without doing your due diligence as if those where important to you 4 minutes playing with the ipad at Best Buy would have made those shortcomings clear. Or at least a little google search of reviews.
    It's not webos of course. Could not resist one to play with a tablet since the HP Hurricane won't be out for a while. In order to make the iPad work reasonably well, jailbreak it. I use Backgrounder and Circuitous for multitasking and task switching. For an Internalz like app I find iFile a good value ($4) app from Cydia.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Where do you get full force? I did a search for it in Cydia and couldn't find it...

What other must have cydia apps are there?

Again... I love my iPad... But can't wait my PalmPad....
    Quote Originally Posted by erasef301 View Post
    So would you consider having both? While I have an iPad it would be tempting to try out another kind of pad.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erasef301 View Post
    Where do you get full force? I did a search for it in Cydia and couldn't find it...

What other must have cydia apps are there?

It's in Cydia

Info here: Cydia App: FullForce for iPad
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    I, personally, would love to use a tablet computer for pretty much everything, the tech just isn't there yet imo.
    I wouldn't. A 27" iMac is my tool of choice for general computing tasks except at work where its a dual monitor PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    I wouldn't. A 27" iMac is my tool of choice for general computing tasks except at work where its a dual monitor PC.
    I feel the same way. Tablet-sized devices are excellent for information consumption and light productivity, but for true production, you need at least a laptop - the tablets,like smartphones, are just too inefficient for real production and their shortfalls can only be mitigated by converting the tablet into a laptop/desktop with the addition of non-portable peripherals like keyboards, mice, bigger screens, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I feel the same way. Tablet-sized devices are excellent for information consumption and light productivity, but for true production, you need at least a laptop - the <b>tablets,like smartphones, are just too inefficient for real production and their shortfalls can only be mitigated by converting the tablet into a laptop/desktop with the addition of non-portable peripherals like keyboards, mice, bigger screens, etc.</b>
    Have to disagree with you on that one. I used to knock out SOW's, contracts, quotes, and invoices from my T650 on a regular basis. DTG was an amazing productivity app.

Now of course I have to carry a laptop when I have docs to write, but at least I can tether and avoid any additional costs.
    Thanks for the tip... I was typing Full Force in the Cydia search... not Fullforce (one word). That brought it right up...

I must say... FullForce is AWESOME... A great deal of my non iPad apps are now working in high resolution like the Facebook App, Angry Birds, Epocrates, Merck Medicus (medical program), Fantasy Footbal, Trivial Pursuit and Life.... ALL HIGH DEF... What a nice patch that is....

But... as I've been saying... I'm buying the PalmPad the day it comes out... I love Palm and will always support their products....

Any one else out there with an iPad (Jailbroken) that has some MUST HAVE Cydia App recommendations?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast