Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    My phone is in bad shape power button wont work screen cracked charger plug fell out a lot of drops (but I have loved my pre). So I took in into bestbuy, I have insurance and they swapped my out a loaner phone and though I was good to go. Then they came back and said we can not repair this phone plam is out of business. Ok so now what they offered my my choice of 3g phones I declined and said I want the evo. Its all that compares right now on sprint. After being to no way over and over a manager came over and still said sorry no one is 3g and one is 4g, now here is the good part he then said but you can pay for the difference I ask how much is that.............to my suprize $50 he say. I told them ok that works for me. They dint have any on hand and said if I want I can wait for the epic to. So he starts giving to ring me up I had go get a gift card to reserve either phone. Another manager calls down saying WE CANT DO THAT SELL!!! the rep said the other manager approved it...I guess we will do it this once he replied. (I doubt this will happen again for anyone) So know Im torn between what one to get epic or evo? I hear the epic is faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by azack View Post
    My phone is in bad shape power button wont work screen cracked charger plug fell out a lot of drops (but I have loved my pre). So I took in into bestbuy, I have insurance and they swapped my out a loaner phone and though I was good to go. Then they came back and said we can not repair this phone plam is out of business.
    Well, unfortunately you spoke with idiots. Palm is not out of business. Bestbuy just doesn't carry the Pre any longer. You should have gone to a Sprint store or contacted Palm.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Well, unfortunately you spoke with idiots. Palm is not out of business. Bestbuy just doesn't carry the Pre any longer. You should have gone to a Sprint store or contacted Palm.
    x2

If you are content with getting one of the new phones, I would say Epic with the hardware keyboard. It is the only phone on market that has even gotten any interest from me (but I am still waiting on the next Palm phone).
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I'm kind of happy in the end getting a new 4g phone and didnt have to sign a contract for $50. Still sad to give up webos. I went to best buy because I bought it there and pay for there insurance not sprints.
    Either one of those make a great choice and you are lucky to get it for a $50 difference (especially since the Epic is supposed to cost around $250 on contract).

I don't know if you've used Android before but if you give it a fair shot, you'll likely love the device. Good luck to ya.
    Lucky hopefully wheb the speaker on my Pre dies Verizon will be out of refurbs and I'll be able to get a Droid.
    palm is out of business huh? Lolol
    I'd force them (or Palm) to get you another Pre. Once you know what you want, you can sell it and get something else. There are always people looking for a clean phone because they lost/broke theirs and aren't eligible for an upgrade yet...
    Wow, that is sad (on the bb employee's part)
    I had a droid 1 - horrible phone!!! I really like this PRe+
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I'd force them (or Palm) to get you another Pre. Once you know what you want, you can sell it and get something else. There are always people looking for a clean phone because they lost/broke theirs and aren't eligible for an upgrade yet...
    So how much is a Pre going for? And is it a better deal than the EVO/Epic for $50 deal BB offered him?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    My daughter just got a refurb warranty replacement for her Pre today at our local Sprint store. We have the Sprint insurance.
    Its unfortunate that you ran into some uninformed salespeople, but it sounds like you managed to get a sweet deal.
    I hope your new phone works well for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    So how much is a Pre going for? And is it a better deal than the EVO/Epic for $50 deal BB offered him?
    I would assume you could get enough to pay for whatever you want on your next upgrade date. I guess you'd have to look at ebay auction history to determine the value. I know I see posts on this forum wanting to buy a Pre....
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorDr View Post
    My daughter just got a refurb warranty replacement for her Pre today at our local Sprint store. We have the Sprint insurance.
    Its unfortunate that you ran into some uninformed salespeople, but it sounds like you managed to get a sweet deal.
    I hope your new phone works well for you.
    BTW, this is why I wouldn't buy a phone (or the extended warranty) from a big box retailer... You know that Sprint and Palm have plenty of refurbs, so it's silly that Best Buy can't find one. And even sillier that they have the option to "send it in" for 30 days for repair...

what a rip off
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    BTW, this is why I wouldn't buy a phone (or the extended warranty) from a big box retailer... You know that Sprint and Palm have plenty of refurbs, so it's silly that Best Buy can't find one. And even sillier that they have the option to "send it in" for 30 days for repair...

what a rip off
    Werd I bought my first sprint phone from BB (the first Video recording phone way back when). I will never make that mistake again, every phone since has been from a Sprint Corporate store (or Sprint online).
    nevermind...
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    just waiting for them to get a epic in so i can get some hands on with it, think thats what im going to grab