View Poll Results: Please choose the phone(s) you prefer. You can choose more than one phone.

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Palm Pre/Plus or Palm Pixi/Plus.

26 78.79%
  • Android.

5 15.15%
  • Blackberry.

0 0%
  • Iphone.

4 12.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Are you a Palm pre/plus, Android, Blackberry, or Iphone lover? Which one of these phones do you prefer...and why?

Hpalm lovers... Android lovers... Blackberry, and Iphone lovers. This is an open forum, feel free to choose the phone of your choice. Whether you have that phone or not.

Remember to state, why that's the phone of your choice.
    Last edited by rush; 08/17/2010 at 06:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    My vote goes for the Palm Pixi, I am loving it everyday.
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    Palm Pre Plus. Prefer WebOS over the alternatives and prefer to have a physical keyboard. Looking forward to new HPalm devices in the future as well.
    Droid X: Because out of the box it's
    - Configurable
    - Well supported with apps/accessories
    - Powerful/fast
    - has a great screen
    - is thin and light
    - on Verizon's network
    Palm Pre... WebOs plain and simple. It is so much better than anything else imo even in its current state that i have no problem waiting for new hardware. Webos internals and everyone else keep me very happy.
    I'm a pre-ist. It fits in the pocket comfortably, is a damn good looking phone, does what I need it to and keeps doin more thanks to aftermarket support
    Didn't vote — I'm not a Pre nor Pixi lover, I'm only a WebOS lover.
    Hopefully I'll love the next device with the OS on board ...

{I never liked playing with cards until webOS made it useful}
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Palm Pre. Love the operating system..
    A poll... Precentral's specialty...
    Palm Pre

Why?...WebOS! This is by far in my opinion the best OS out there. So good that it actually allows me to forget about the subpar hardware as far as being dated etc. I have used quite a few devices from the Touch Pro 2 (windows), Instinct (prefer to not remember using), to the current EVO. As far as the EVO I love the hardware. However hardware and more apps than I really need is not a reason enough to leave WebOS. However there is an eventual ending to my patience as far as hardware comes. Eventually (soon) I need some new Palm hardware....

...and that takes me another reason I say Palm Pre...the community...I am also part of Android Central...HOWEVER...the community including the "masterminds" at webosinternals by far trumps any mobile phone community I have seen. We are all very lucky (including Palm) to have them.
    Would like to add to my above post...poor Blackberry...whatever hopes they had of competing are not obvius with a release of a subpar device like the Torch...Blackberry doesn't have a bright future imho...
    I love my PRE & webOS. I will never use anything else. It does sooo much & very well for me. Can't wait for the next addition, well I can but I hope it's soon.
  13.    #13  
    This poll have one day left.. We still need to hear from those who didn't vote. Come on, this is the thread to let us know..which phone you prefer and why?
    I use my devices in a business environment. Excel, HanDBase, email/Exchange are used extensively. For me WM6x and the Touch Pro 2 excel in that environment. My Evo does ok, it is fasts, but its Bluetooth implementation stinks. The screen keyboard has been going at about 2 words per minute. It has a habit of loosing settings on occasion. It goes into search at the blink of a finger, just passing over the button. To be frank, if I knew what I know now, I would have stuck with the TP2.
    Still using good ol WM6.1 on my gsm Treo Pro. Because it does what I need.
    I voted iPhone because I appreciate a great user experience and beautiful design. I can't sacrifice terrible hardware, battery life and all around just terrible software for great "task switching". For me, task switching is just a bonus, not really needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I voted iPhone because I appreciate a great user experience and beautiful design. I can't sacrifice terrible hardware, battery life and all around just terrible software for great "task switching". For me, task switching is just a bonus, not really needed.
    Welp, the "beautiful design" kinda takes away from user experience IMO. I don't quite get it since people throw bumpers and cases on the "beautiful" design.

Still, the iphone is easily the best for me right. I love the screen. That's been one of the top factors for me in smartphones since my first Treo 300.

But iOS, though full of tiny details done right, is too simple and limited. Boring is another word. I'm thankful for the jailbreakers. But waiting for a jailbreak and apple's focus on stopping it, is getting old.

I'm very glad Apple went with their Retina screen. High res (and high ppi) was at the top of my wish list. The fact Apple went with it means its a new standard for others to beat which is all good. I do realize not everyone cares about this.

What's at the top of my list now for Apple is changes to iOS 5. I don't think Apple is going to deliver here. I'll probably seriously consider an Android 3.0 device or more hopefully, a webOS device on hardware that equals or bests the iphone's screen.
    Task switching - it is faster; though it does have its down fall when it comes to over-all productivity. I hate waiting. Waiting is why I left the Palm/Centro and went with Windows. I found Windows 6.1 to be stable and had the tools I used every single day. I looked at and played with the iPhone and though it was/is pretty, it had issues I was not willing to deal with.

The Evo has its issues also. The screen keyboard I hate, though I am getting use to it. The Bluetooth implementation lacks any sense of common sense. Every once in a while the settings in something gets cleared. It does not have HanDBase. Those are my issues. The battery life - well, I am use to that and considering my usage of it, that does not rate much in the importance level for me. I do like the Android Market and have found some good applications and of course wonder why someone would spend anything on a "fart" application.....

Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    What happened to the Palm Centro? It's still a current model. Nobody like Palm OS anymore?
    Motorola Droid. The screen is big and very crisp. The pre screen looks pretty pathetic when compared side by side. It is also glass so its durable and scratch resistant. The keyboard isn't the best, but I am used to it and can type pretty fast. And it isn't completely useless like the pre keyboard was after only 6 months of use. The OS is resposive and doesn't feel like its in thick syrup. GPS works excellent with fast accurate locks. Google navigation is awesome. The construction of this phone is superb. Nothing wobbles or creaks. Flash player is awesome. Not perfect but definitaly useful and impressive. Yeah its not better in everyway, but I am much more satisfied with this phone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast