Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sony is introducing a PSP/Google Android phone very soon! I pray that HPalm comes with something fast or I might be stolen away!
    Alright. Come on now. Enough with the threads lol. Why cant we all just be patient and wait. If you like another phone, go try it out then. I "liked" the iPhone 4 and i tried it out. It's an awesome phone, but its too simple. Everything about it is boring and simple. So i went back to my Palm Pre.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  3.    #3  
    how can we be patient when android is running things and palm is just laying down?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbastian29 View Post
    how can we be patient when android is running things and palm is just laying down?
    You dont understand. People get tired of the phones at some point and then they try something else. Andriod wont be "running" things forever. Samething i said about Apple. Besides, Google has Andriod in so many phones that it will be a disgrace if they werent selling a lot of phones. Im sorry to be on Apple's side here, but Apple only has one phone on one network and they are selling about 500,000 phones a day. Truely, Apple is still in charge here. Google just has tons of phones with Andriod in them. Which is indeed a good business strategy, but still come on now...
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  5.    #5  
    I do realize everything you said is true. But... HPalm is doing nothing whatsoever to compete in the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    You dont understand. People get tired of the phones at some point and then they try something else. Andriod wont be "running" things forever. Samething i said about Apple. Besides, Google has Andriod in so many phones that it will be a disgrace if they werent selling a lot of phones. Im sorry to be on Apple's side here, but Apple only has one phone on one network and they are selling about 500,000 phones a day. Truely, Apple is still in charge here. Google just has tons of phones with Andriod in them. Which is indeed a good business strategy, but still come on now...
    Lets Not Forget To Mention That Android is FREE. Of Course These Phone Makers Are Gunna Jump On One Of The Major OS's (Symbian, iOS, Android, Palm, Blackberry's OS). As A Phone Maker, Which One Would You Go For? The Free One That Alot Of People Are Into.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    Looks like it may have the same resolution...
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Palm is a Company of Just Over 1000 employees. Sure they now have HP's Wallet. All the more reason to keep Quiet and put out The Very Best Product that they can.
    We know what apple has to offer n that of the android, however Im certain that Palms Upcoming Hardware shall leave the competition in the dust.

For those of u who just wish too complain like that of children, Just take it somewhere else. Noboody cares to hear Children complain.

Long Live WEBOS
    Then a few weeks after HP released Android will have a new handset that equals the specs or even betters the next WebOS device.
    And what does the Roadrunner do? He leaves everyone in the dust.
    can't wait to overclock my hpalm roadrunner to 2.5 ghz!
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Then a few weeks after HP released Android will have a new handset that equals the specs or even betters the next WebOS device.
    android can shove it. They are with many devices with many diffrent fragmentations of their os.
    For Palms 1st Flagship phone with a completely new OS they have done a remarkable job, with virtually no Fragmentaion what soever as compared to android.
    Just u wait and see, when ur coughing on dust, ull wonder where was android all this time.

With that thought, look for me at the highest mound of slaughtered android hardware and users.
    Last edited by TOOLEY; 08/11/2010 at 11:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbastian29 View Post
    I do realize everything you said is true. But... HPalm is doing nothing whatsoever to compete in the market.
    And you have some inside knowledge that they're "doing nothing" (keeping in mind that "you don't see it" != "doing nothing")?
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Wow, I'm impressed. You already know the next WebOSs specs... Amazing...

/sarcasm

BTW, Android doesn't "have" any devices. Android isn't a company, it's an OS. Devices have Android, not the other way around...
    Cause If we wanna talk just OS'es Lets just say no matter what Unix wins. lol
    Let's be clear about something. Apple and Palm sell smartphones to end users, with varying degrees of success. Google does not sell smartphones. Google does not sell a smartphone OS; they give that away for free. Google sells personal information of end users of smartphones to advertisers. The phone and OS are just data collection mechanisms.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Let's be clear about something. Apple and Palm sell smartphones to end users, with varying degrees of success. Google does not sell smartphones. Google does not sell a smartphone OS; they give that away for free. Google sells personal information of end users of smartphones to advertisers. The phone and OS are just data collection mechanisms.
    There are definitely some misconceptions and/or "propaganda" being portrayed there.
    They do not sell "personal information" as defined by GBL and other privacy regulations.
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 08/12/2010 at 09:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    There are definitely some misconceptions and/or "propaganda" being portrayed there.
    some people need things broken down... so it sinks in

GOOGLE does not sell smartphone - True

GOOGLE does not sell Android - True

GOOGLE Sells your information - True

Is Google Turning Into Big Brother? - ABC News

Columnist
    Michael S. Malone is one of the nation's best-known technology writers. He has covered Silicon Valley and high-tech for more than 25 years, beginning with the San Jose Mercury News as the nation's first daily high-tech reporter. His articles and editorials have appeared in such publications as The Wall Street Journal, the Economist and Fortune, and for two years he was a columnist for The New York Times. He was editor of Forbes ASAP, the world's largest-circulation business-tech magazine, at the height of the dot-com boom. Malone is the author or co-author of a dozen books, notably the best-selling "Virtual Corporation." Malone has also hosted three public television interview series, and most recently co-produced the celebrated PBS miniseries on social entrepreneurs, "The New Heroes." He has been the ABCNews.com "Silicon Insider" columnist since 2000.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Palm Webos or Nothing!

Webos 2nd to none

None ----> WEBOS
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    some people need things broken down... so it sinks in
    Apparently so...

GOOGLE does not sell smartphone - True
    Actually they sell the Nexus One. It's true they no longer sell it to the general public (as of a couple weeks ago)... but they still offer it for sale to developers.

GOOGLE does not sell Android - True
    True (for the most part)

GOOGLE Sells your information - True
    What I stated (and I thought was obvious)... was that Google does not sell "personal" private information. They obviously sell information like usage statistics, traffic patterns, search results/tendencies, etc...

I'm not defending Google. It is absolutely their primary business model... I just wanted to clarify that they do not sell what is generally considered "personal" (private) information.

I'm not crazy about it... and understand the concerns.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast