View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 99 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4989949596979899100101102103104109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 3633
    I find myself very excited to hear what switchers think of the EVO and I hope it is overwhelmingly positive for two reasons.

- I bought Sprint stock in my IRA a few months back. My investment is up 40% since I pulled the trigger. Would like to see it climb further with a wildly successful launch of the first 4G phone (I'd also like to see the rumored September iPhone on Sprint come true for the same reason). I've already set a stop loss to lock in my profit at 17.5%, but I'd really like to see it ride much much higher.

- I like watching the smartphone market become ever more competitive... total win for consumers.
    Why do people bring up a negative of "timely updates?"

Sure with the Pre we were used to an update a month but it NEEDED them. Andoird updates at this point are simply icing on the cake. The core functionality of Android outshines WebOS in functionality.

I love the UI of WebOS and that will never changed...but its evo for now and i'll come back to Palm if they build a better device and tighten up the OS some more.
    I wonder if these people who keep calling android clunky have played with the Incredible...?
    Pre thread is for Pre's, Cross-platform is for anything other than Pre's.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    who cares about the EVO. im sick of hearing about it. its like the Hummer of mobile phones. and will be obsolete in a matter of weeks/months. and 4g is limited to select markets, and includes extra fees. and it runs clunky old android. oh, and its on sprint which kinda blows. i can go on but i'll definitely pass on the evo..
    Who cares about the Evo? Apparently you do - it seems to make you quite passionate. Someone who didn't care would simply skip this thread, not post a diatribe in it.
    Android isnt clunky anymore. Froyo which is coming to most new Android deviices is as good as WEBOS. ( and I love webos ) , maybe better with all the customizing you can do. And with the main designer of WEBOS leaving Palm and going to google to work on Android you can expect Android to keep getting better and better. And every phone is old technology after 6 month. Thats just the way it is. Same as when you buy a PC. theres a faster better one in 6 months. If you cant take that then you shouldnt buy a phone. The Pre was old before it was released. In 3 months there will be something better then the EVO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    WebOS > Android is at best an opinion, but mostly an outlandish claim. WebOS = Android is a reach.
    Evo > Pre is an insult to the EVO unless you add more > to the equation.
    All you guys coming in here defending android need to stop. Webos is the best and everybody knows it. Engadget knows it (listen to their latest podcast), their competition knows it androidcentral knows it, wall street analysts know it, and you know it, and steve jobs knows it. It may not be the most popular but it is still the best. The reason why android is so popular is it is the only one that that those manufactuters can easily jump on.

So to sumarize, everybody who has used all of the operating systems know it's the best, and only some are willing to admit it for whatever reason (like wanting or having something else). So lets all be a good little hospital and ADMIT IT.
    Great! That's fantastic news.

Check this place out.

http://www.androidcentral.com/

There are others who will see your perception. Take it easy.
    and by the way, don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split ya.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Pre thread is for Pre's, Cross-platform is for anything other than Pre's.
    that is the part I dontundrstand. It was it's own thread under cross platform. My "may get to demo" thread was merged into the "EVO vsPre"
    Its possible but there are still many variables. I would have said that was likely a couple of months ago but now that HP has purchased Palm, anything is possible. It doesn't hurt to be the propietary OS of the largest technology company in the world when they have stated that they are going to "double down" on the OS. I would say WebOS is #1 as far as user experience goes BUT the best doesn't always come up the winner.

Right now, I'd say it is looking likely that WebOS will beat out Win7 and Blackberry in the market place under HP's direction. Whether or not it ever gains more market share than Android or Apple depends on what HP is able to do with it. Android was in the right place at the right time when it launched the DROID on Verizon. It was the first of the next Gen smartphone platforms to hit the #1 carrier in the US. Their customers were HUNGRY for that kind of phone and it propelled Android into the #1 spot. It would have been a completely different story had Palm launched on Verizon prior to that. It just goes to show what the right timing and a few months worth of sales can do for you. There is still a huge market so time will tell.

I think the market can support multiple platforms and devs can support multiple platforms for Apps provided that the the platform is easy to program for/port to and the approval process is easy. Palm does well enough here that once they have a decent market share, WebOS customers will have everything they want App wise.
    webOS>iphoneOS>androidOS>blackberryOS>winmoOS>symbianOS
    (as far as user satisfaction comes along)

now,
    androidOS>iphoneOS>blackberryOS>winmoOS>webOS>symbianOS
    (as far as how many users actually USE those phone OSes)

take it or leave it.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    All you guys coming in here defending android need to stop. Webos is the best and everybody knows it. Engadget knows it (listen to their latest podcast), their competition knows it androidcentral knows it, wall street analysts know it, and you know it, and steve jobs knows it. It may not be the most popular but it is still the best. The reason why android is so popular is it is the only one that that those manufactuters can easily jump on.

So to sumarize, everybody who has used all of the operating systems know it's the best, and only some are willing to admit it for whatever reason (like wanting or having something else). So lets all be a good little hospital and ADMIT IT.
    No, I don't know it. WebOS is better than Android is some areas, but Android is better than WebOS in others. Android can currently play flash in the browser, WebOS can't. WebOS has more intuitive multitasking than Android. Android has a ton more apps like Layar and massive Google support. WebOS has gestures and Android doesn't. WebOS is laggy and has random restarts (I get 1 - 2 per day) while Android is much snappier and has very few restarts.

WebOS is a very good OS, with a lot of potential. But it still needs to be cleaned up a lot.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I don't want Palm and webOS to be the #1 phone. I like having it the way it is. I don't want to have the same product as x amount of other people in this world.

The device does what I want it to do with ease and i'm happy with webOS... that's all that matters.
    Not to state the obvious, but with Android on almost every US carrier and the iPhone on only one, you cant claim that Android is, or will be, the number one OS anytime soon. Besides, Blackberry isnt standing still with their lead on the US market.

Maybe Matias Duerte will help them clean up their UI so they can have a fighting chance. Until Android gets into the enterprise space, they might as well settle for 3rd.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    Blackberry is NOWHERE when it comes to a phone OS. The only real advantage that Blackberry has had is the links to corporate e-mail, and even that is something that isn't cut and dry. The way WebOS links with e-mail would really blow Blackberry out of the water for letting the corporate calendars sync to people on the road without a computer connection. That makes WebOS based devices a bit better since people back in the office could update your calendar for you, add details, etc.
    @OP, please sign up for android central, several iphone forums, and a few blackberry forums. Feel free to post your views of the future over there.

we didn't really need yet ANOTHER new thread telling us that we are on the wrong path. I'll bet 10% of the posting on this forum is like this.

if you think that, great. It would be great if you would clog their search engines. If you are right, we will eventually be forced to join you. If you are wrong, you may still be happier on android. That's fine.

I just can't understand why so many feel the need to create new 'the sky is falling' threads. Then buy an android phone, but continue to post thiw stuff. You don't find near as much of this on crackberry. People come and go, but there is much less of the return-to-taunt posts from those that left BB for something else. Why is it different when people decide to move away from Pal to something else. I don't get it... Must still be trying to convince themselves, apparently.
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    I am not clear on why people think only one platform can be a winner....seems that in a market this large, 3 maybe 4 different platforms can compete profitably and push each other. I for one do not want to have a single platform dominate the market and stifle innovation....
    Quote Originally Posted by shcole View Post
    I am not clear on why people think only one platform can be a winner....seems that in a market this large, 3 maybe 4 different platforms can compete profitably and push each other. I for one do not want to have a single platform dominate the market and stifle innovation....
    Then you can continue to live in your world. lmao!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    If the cat who developed the WebOS UI left for Google - that tells you a lot right there about the future of Android going forward.

I luv's me some webOS but unless HP/Palm come out with a form factor phone like the EVO or a 4G superphone using WebOS in the future.. I'm afraid my PreCentral visits will be regulated to sitting on the throne taking care of the king's business as I surf the web pinching one out..