View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 98 of 182 FirstFirst ... 488893949596979899100101102103108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 3633
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Okay dumb question...
    Is it or will it be possible to still use this feature on a standard def tv? Like could I go hdmi out to a converter with rca's on the other end? I don't care if it lost quality, just wondering if it's possible.. ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Okay dumb question...
    Is it or will it be possible to still use this feature on a standard def tv? Like could I go hdmi out to a converter with rca's on the other end? I don't care if it lost quality, just wondering if it's possible.. ?
    just do a search for a converter.
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    has anyone seen a EVO review where the HDMI was used? Every one of them I've found talks about HDMI but they had no cable so they couldn't try it.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I broke my 3rd pre a week ago and since i'm getting an evo i decided not to spend $100 on the deductable to get a new one. i'm using my treo 700p right now. but i still check precentral every day. its a great site and this is a great forum. i can't wait til next year when webos has a decent phone on which to operate. and yes i will still check back often after i get my evo.
    A few years back nobody want it a smartphone. Now they cry if they d not have a camera.
    the king of smarth phones. Iphone. no questions ask. now you have android the tech-hore of all and the entire sheeps follow.

The best small smathphone. the PIXI and pre. it does all what you want very well. If you have your phone for surfing net, txt, tweety and all the crap, you need a new life more than a phone
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Im not getting an EVO, but if I would then it would depend how PreCentral feels about EVO talk. Even though Android drifts away from the "PreCentral" theme, everyone has to keep in mind that people aren't necessarily switching to EVO because it's exactly what they wanted. Many may be settling for it because Palm didn't give us anything so it is a natural progression for Sprint users to go from Pre to EVO.

In the long run, harboring a little Android community may also result in more Palm-talk next year (or whenever) when Palm actually gives us a compelling upgrade to consider. And to be honest, HP hasnt given Pre users much to look forward to so far, so if this place remains WebOS centric then this place can end up being a printer forum.
    Last edited by Urkel; 05/29/2010 at 04:53 PM.
    No Evo for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    yes i will, cuz as soon as palm gives us something new, i will return back to the web os i soo love.. just need something with better spes for now, til palm sheds the light on the mystical c40!!!!
    My girl still has a Pixi, and I Still love WebOS. Like Many I'll still hold onto the Pre just incase I cant stand android. Im doing it just for the hardware purposes....
    If my post helped you, Please Thanks Me !
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
    who cares about the EVO. im sick of hearing about it. its like the Hummer of mobile phones. and will be obsolete in a matter of weeks/months. and 4g is limited to select markets, and includes extra fees. and it runs clunky old android. oh, and its on sprint which kinda blows. i can go on but i'll definitely pass on the evo..
    hmmmm seems you are typing from the pre. I guess the pre does everything you want very well except type well hahaahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    who cares about the EVO. im sick of hearing about it. its like the Hummer of mobile phones. and will be obsolete in a matter of weeks/months. and 4g is limited to select markets, and includes extra fees. and it runs clunky old android. oh, and its on sprint which kinda blows. i can go on but i'll definitely pass on the evo..
    Who ****ed in your conflakes? If you don't care so much why comment? Matter of fact why even open this thread if you where going to get mad? You have some issues to work out there buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I hate those generalizing statements so much!
    yup, but

webos' ui> android's ui, is more than an opinion.. You can't say the whole os, because android has way more apps/features, but web-os' ui is nicer. Don't get me wrong, you may prefer android's, and alot probably do, but generally speaking the ui looks alot nicer on web-os.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    yup, but

webos' ui> android's ui, is more than an opinion.. You can't say the whole os, because android has way more apps/features, but web-os' ui is nicer. Don't get me wrong, you may prefer android's, and alot probably do, but generally speaking the ui looks alot nicer on web-os.
    Some aspects of WebOS perhaps, but the ease of customization and the usefulness/variety of the widgets make Android >> WebOS.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Well I finally got the EVO to mess around with. Unfortunately I do not live in the area they are testing 4G so I cant try it out.

THe build quality seems pretty solid. I had a TP before my Pre and it is much more solid than it. Everything I have done so far has been over my Wi-Fi so I am not sure what the 3G is like either. If it is anything like my Pre it sucks at my house. I have to stand outside in the driveway to get any 3g signal.

It is definitely not webOS but it is nice. THis is the only android phone I have ever messed with and I can not complare it to the iPhone because I have not spent enough time with one of them. I cant get used to not swiping to get rid of pages and not having a gesture area.

as for the size it really does not seem that big. I dont normally carry my phones in my pocket so it is hard for me to say it feels comfortable compared to another phone. I did put it in my pocket and carry around for a while and it wasnt horrible.

I have been looking around the marketplace and of course there are many more apps than webOS.

If anyone has any questions let me know and I will try to answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyorke View Post
    Well I finally got the EVO to mess around with. Unfortunately I do not live in the area they are testing 4G so I cant try it out.

THe build quality seems pretty solid. I had a TP before my Pre and it is much more solid than it. Everything I have done so far has been over my Wi-Fi so I am not sure what the 3G is like either. If it is anything like my Pre it sucks at my house. I have to stand outside in the driveway to get any 3g signal.

It is definitely not webOS but it is nice. THis is the only android phone I have ever messed with and I can not complare it to the iPhone because I have not spent enough time with one of them. I cant get used to not swiping to get rid of pages and not having a gesture area.

as for the size it really does not seem that big. I dont normally carry my phones in my pocket so it is hard for me to say it feels comfortable compared to another phone. I did put it in my pocket and carry around for a while and it wasnt horrible.

I have been looking around the marketplace and of course there are many more apps than webOS.

If anyone has any questions let me know and I will try to answer.
    Can you post pictures?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Can you post pictures?

what exactly would you like pictures of.

It has been reviewed so much there are thousands of pictures of the phone already.

it is getting late tonight but if I have time tomorrow I may be able to get some up.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    not sure why my original thread was moved. it wasnt really a EVO vs. Pre thread. It was more of just my hands on opinion and since I currently have a pre and the majority of people on here have a pre or at least webOS I compared it to that phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by organix View Post
    Then I would be stealing someone else's rebate. I have considered this, but I'll have to see if my other lines intend to upgrade soon.
    I had a similar issue. My wife and I opened our own account after her contract finally expired on Verizon. When we opened it, we moved my sprint phone to a family plan, she took that line over (as she liked the Curve I had) and we opened a new line for me so I could get the Pre. Since my old / her line was the first one, it was the primary. We only had to wait 5 months for her line to be eligible for the Premier upgrade so we left hers as primary until then. Once we used the premier upgrade (she got a Pixi), I called sprint and had them change it so my line is the primary. Now my line will be available for the premier upgrade in august, one year after my new line was first opened and I bought this awesome Pre that I'm using to type this.

I would just try calling sprint and ask them to change your primary line. My father had to as somehow my brother's line was marked as the primary instead of his years ago.
    Heard at the Sprint phone...

"Well, now that I've traded my webOS phone for the hot new EVO, life will be sooo much bet- hey look at that shiny thing over there! I'll bet that's even cooler than this old obsolete EVO... can I trade up to that? I really must have the latest pho- hey squirrel!...."