View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 97 of 182 FirstFirst ... 47879293949596979899100101102107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 3633
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    ah - I'm going to miss WebOS notifcations and synergy but dam - front facing camera, 4G service, hotspot, hdmi out, FM radio, 4.3in monster screen and Froyo 2.2 confirmed..

PEACE OUT Palm!!

If WebOS was on EVO hardware.. I would ... it HARD!!!
    Last edited by Blaize; 05/28/2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Language
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Nothing beats the Alpine Navi system in Honda/Acura's.. that **** is da bomb!

And yea loading Googlemaps or the Latitude hack on the Pre takes crazy long..
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    In order of preference:

1. Displaying photos and movies to any tv you may go to. I plan on taking mine to best buy and streaming my son's baby pics across all the TVs.. INSTANT CHICK MAGNET! But reality is for grandma visits.

2. When I travel for work, broadcasting movies or slingplayer to watch my recorded shows in the hotel. OK FINE - its for p0rnz so I don't have to pay the hotel fees.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthejosh View Post
    So I read on engadget that the Qik program on the Evo is going to cost an extra 5 bucks a month to use. It's not truly confirmed, but it is strongly rumored. Both Qik and Sprint seem mum on this. But the charge would explain why none of reviews on all these different websites did not have the Qik program to test. I think Sprint and Qik are trying to keep it mum for as long as they could as to not scare away some people from pre-ordering.

That additional charge sucks. But at least the Fring program (or whatever its called) is free, and it does video chat.
    Qik video chat is free for "basic" service. A Premium service will be available at an unknown cost revealed June4.

http://www.androidcentral.com/qik-responds-video-chat-free-advanced-premium-features-will-cost-extra
    For those of us buying the HTC EVO 4G, who will still be checking out PreCentral for Palm/Pre/webOS news? I probably will be checking in from time to time.
    Palm needs to hurry up and get some new hardware on the market that WebOS on it. The EVO I'm sad to say is really nice. I truly love my Pre.

Isn't anyone at Palm/HP hearing our cries for new hardware NOW?
    Yes I will. I'm giving my Pre to my girl, so I need to keep up with the latest, so I can answer any questions that may arrive. I also plan on getting the "next" WebOS" device and I don't want to be out of the loop on that.
    I will have both phones ( no way I give up on WEB OS) so yup. be at Pre and Android Central.
    there's two types of people. People who buy phones for operating system and people for hardware. Webos > android and evo>pre.
    The EVO 4G will be a great phone, reviewers are saying it is pretty fast and it's just great. I'm not even kidding the iPhone may have some true legit competition with the EVO.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    99% of the people would never use it.
    It sounds like the coolest feature ever. But I'm starting to think I would never use it. I want it to be available for every app. Slingplayer would be perfect, but does anyone know that it will be able to make use of it? I suspect that only stock apps from HTC will be able to access it.

HDMI is is not part of Google's SDK right? So how would any dev be able to use it?

Video chat? I'll buy that, but again, I don't think it will have access to HDMI. Oh, and I read on engadget that the stock video chat app will be an extra $5 a month to use. UGH! Do they ever stop nickle and diming us with this phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    there's two types of people. People who buy phones for operating system and people for hardware. Webos > android and evo>pre.
    WebOS > Android is at best an opinion, but mostly an outlandish claim. WebOS = Android is a reach.
    Evo > Pre is an insult to the EVO unless you add more > to the equation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    People said the same thing about cell phone cameras (well at least my dad did when they first showed up). I think the current applications are very limited and not at all useful, but that doesn't mean the tech won't go somewhere.

The difference between the camera and the hdmi to tv route is quite big. Just looking at the previous devices, millions of millions of people carry around a separate device called a camera and use it every day. The closest real thing that comes close to HDMI out is how the old video records could plug into the TV, and of the people I knew with one, they rarely spent the time to plug it into the TV, they'd rather just show most people with the little display on the recorder.

Not to mention there isn't going to be Hulu or Netflix on the phone, and the internet could run generally better on a full computer connected to a TV (which if your somewhere to use slingplayer on a TV, you probably have your laptop anyway), so it'll simply be for viewing your pictures and movies (mine always go straight to my computer anyway).

Not too mention people will buy an expensive cable thinking it's worth it, some may not yet have a TV with an hdmi port, this just in general says useless feature to grab a couple feature-philles
    I'm getting the HTC EVO 4G as well but since I will be charged the extra $10 a month, if after the year is over, if I don't have 4G in my area, I will be going back to my Pre and putting my Evo away until it's able to use 4G in my area. I don't want to pay the extra $10 for nothing. So I'll switch back to my Pre whenever I need to. And of course I will have to check out this awesome website! Plus, I'm still working on my Suave theme. I can't leave Pre/Pixi users hanging. Haha.
    So you cant use a TV as a monitor. When I had my HTC Touch pro I had the Video Out cable. Was awsome. You could play the games on your TV. Watch the videos But best was using the Internet on the TV. I used to use it in hotels. Was hoping the EVO you could do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    WebOS > Android is at best an opinion, but mostly an outlandish claim
    I couldn't agree more. I hate those generalizing statements so much!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    Palm needs to hurry up and get some new hardware on the market that WebOS on it. The EVO I'm sad to say is really nice. I truly love my Pre.

Isn't anyone at Palm/HP hearing our cries for new hardware NOW?
    I seriously doubt you will see a new Palm phone before CES 2011. If Palm is smart, they should sit back and perfect WebOS before releasing new phone hardware. However, I expect that we will see a tablet running WebOS around the holiday season.

Quote Originally Posted by cdjh View Post
    Video chat? I'll buy that, but again, I don't think it will have access to HDMI. Oh, and I read on engadget that the stock video chat app will be an extra $5 a month to use. UGH! Do they ever stop nickle and diming us with this phone?
    That was corrected. Basic 2-way video chat will be free from Qik. Qik did say that they will have a premium service, which requires $5/mo, that will be available on June 4th. No one really knows what it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    That was corrected. Basic 2-way video chat will be free from Qik. Qik did say that they will have a premium service, which requires $5/mo, that will be available on June 4th. No one really knows what it does.
    Here is the link: Qik two-way video calling on the Sprint EVO 4G is free, premium service is not -- Engadget

Well I do have my HTC EVO already from the Google convention awesome phone. Anyway that isn't the point. To answer the question yes still will be checking Precentral even so I will not have a pre anymore.