View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 95 of 182 FirstFirst ... 458590919293949596979899100105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 3633
    Well me personally, if I had an upgrade soon I would just get the Evo as soon as it comes out. Personally I think android is the best os, but thats just my opinion. If you dont like it just take it back to Sprint free of charge and keep your pre and wait on palm/HP to release something.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Well me personally, if I had an upgrade soon I would just get the Evo as soon as it comes out. Personally I think android is the best os, but thats just my opinion. If you dont like it just take it back to Sprint free of charge and keep your pre and wait on palm/HP to release something.
    I don't think the return it free applies to upgrades...
    I will wait until:

1) There is something new/better from Palm, or I know exactly what to expect from H-Palm
    2) My Pre no longer meets my needs
    3) There is something that better meets my needs (as of today, nothing does, not even EVO)

I waited a loooong time for my Pre, and I am not like the "hey, shiny, must have something else new... hey, squirrel!" crowd that can't let an upgrade sit for more than 12 hours before buying something. As long as it meets my needs, I'm good. Palm gets first right of refusal to my business before I consider anything else, and nothing new or about to launch (including EVO or the next iPhone) would meet my needs as well as my Pre...

Contentment is a beautiful thing.
    I have a strong feeling they will announce something june 9th at their developer conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Why is everyone in such a hurry to dish out another $200 on another phone? Also pay $10.00 extra a month for a service you might not even have. The 4G phone isn't something I could ever be interested in. For one it is too big and has no keys.
    Man hush, if Palm was to release a new phone for $200 everyone here would be flocking to it, and a statement like that wouldn't even been considered being said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I don't think the return it free applies to upgrades...
    Oh, I may be wrong. I guess he can just check with sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I wouldn't. The Pre serves my purpose just fine at the moment. I am not one to run out and buy a new device whenever something better comes along.
    Okay, I see your point.
    The Evo has nice specs and all, but it's still running android 2.1, the same clunky system as the current androids. I don't get the attraction personally.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    The Evo has nice specs and all, but it's still running android 2.1, the same clunky system as the current androids. I don't get the attraction personally.
    I hear a lot of people hear say its clunky. Whats so clunky about it to you all? Because my samsung moment is easy to operate and everything is easy to find. And with widgets everything is at your fingertips.
    this is pretty cool.
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    After reading these replys I just wanted to clarify some things.. My pre is patched to the max and overclocked so that helps! Also Android will not have updates that often but I feel WebOs updates were needed to get the phone to a place it shoulda been at launch... My old Mogal had video.. I didn't want to make this a Android vrs WebOs thread, I have surely had the Palm koolaid and have 6 people that I have talked into getting the plus. I have used android a bit and it truley isn't that bad, not as good as WebOs but I think that what I'm fighting with, would I like a phone with 3 times better hardware with a os that is a little worse?? Also the qik streaming video is something that I would use almost on a daily basis...
    clunky navigation (nothing feels right after using card view and webOS) and clunky hardware (yes it's a beautiful big screen, but not something I want in my pocket.

I wish Palm offered those models, just because variety would make webOS attractive to a broader audience. But I like the Pre hardware I have, and I would choose the Pre+ even if I had the alternative of having webOS running on the EVO hardware. The Pre+ fits my needs perfeclty, and my phone is tight as a drum, great in my pocket, easy to type on, easy to operate with one hand like my centro...

Palm Pre+ FTW!
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/27/2010 at 09:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    They're both as accurate as the GPS on the phone. I'm getting the EVO too next Friday but from what I've seen of Google Navigation I don't have much of a reason to use Sprint Nav.
    Google's navigations algorithms sometimes get wonky.

There are reviews all over online when it first came out. I'm sure it'll get you there fine...but if a better option is on the phone i'll take the better option.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    I hear a lot of people hear say its clunky. Whats so clunky about it to you all? Because my samsung moment is easy to operate and everything is easy to find. And with widgets everything is at your fingertips.
    lol, it takes 15 minutes just to pair a bluetooth device.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    am I the only one that still has a dedicated GPS?
    I still use my Garmin Nuvi for my main GPS - like the bigger screen. Use the Sprint navigation or GPS dashboard as a supplement.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    So I read on engadget that the Qik program on the Evo is going to cost an extra 5 bucks a month to use. It's not truly confirmed, but it is strongly rumored. Both Qik and Sprint seem mum on this. But the charge would explain why none of reviews on all these different websites did not have the Qik program to test. I think Sprint and Qik are trying to keep it mum for as long as they could as to not scare away some people from pre-ordering.

That additional charge sucks. But at least the Fring program (or whatever its called) is free, and it does video chat.
    and BT is just sooo smooth on the Pre/Pixi. Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    lol, it takes 15 minutes just to pair a bluetooth device.
    Widgets are extremely useful. Document editing is extremely useful, especially on a nice big screen. Sense cleans up stock Android nicely and adds quite a bit of functionality. HTC has also guaranteed a Froyo (2.2) update before year's end. And Android doesn't need frequent updates since it's fairly mature as an OS at this point. Gingerbread (2.3?) will also be released at year's end so HTC will start updating it for Sense, and you'll probably see a late Q1, early Q2 update in 2011.

yeah, card multitasking is slick, as is some of the swiping. oh well. With Palm's user experience guy now working for Google, I'd imagine the non patented things in webOS that are fairly slick will work their way to Android in the next year or so.

Did we also mention user expandable storage?

As for the QIK program, did you ever think it was a $5 app store charge for the premium program? No different than say Docs To Go charging for it's editing version? If you want the goodies, you must buy the app. If it is just for the app, I can't see the whining. Google doesn't pay them to make the premium app. They're not taking the time and effort out of the goodness of their hearts. Sprint isn't about to subsidize them. So suck up the $5 if video chat is that important to you.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthejosh View Post
    So I read on engadget that the Qik program on the Evo is going to cost an extra 5 bucks a month to use. It's not truly confirmed, but it is strongly rumored. Both Qik and Sprint seem mum on this. But the charge would explain why none of reviews on all these different websites did not have the Qik program to test. I think Sprint and Qik are trying to keep it mum for as long as they could as to not scare away some people from pre-ordering.

That additional charge sucks. But at least the Fring program (or whatever its called) is free, and it does video chat.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/fring-...-video-calling
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops