View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 93 of 182 FirstFirst ... 43838889909192939495969798103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 3633
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    From what I heard, that extra ten bucks isn't for access to Sprint's 4g but is basically a fee to uncap the 5 gigabyte limit on the "unlimited" plans. It doesn't really have anything to do with 4g access as far as I can tell.

As for me though, I'm really not that interested in the Evo myself, if the Samsung Galaxy S comes to Sprint I may go with that if Palm or Sprint don't announce anything by late July. The Galaxy has the best touchcreen tech along with the best display with super amoled and a hummingbird processor that runs circles around snapdragon (cpu and gpu). My Pre is getting pretty beat up and I could use a new phone.
    Last edited by jrburdet; 05/26/2010 at 04:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Even a "**** ton" (whatever that means) is a minuscule fraction of the total iPhones sold. Sounds to me like your friend's GF is pretty clumsy with her phone. I'd wager the iPhone screen is a lot more tough than the Pre USB port.
    Even though I've never had a problem with the USB port? The ONLY hardware problem I've had is the headphone jack. The Pre is a damn beast. I've dropped it more times than I can count. Usually once a day at minimum. Its got scratches scrapes you name it. BUT it still works near exactly like normal. No oreo no squeaking, all the buttons working, no cracked screen, its just a beast.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    How do you feel about the size, is it awkward to pocket the thing?
    I rarely carry phones in my pocket. I typically hold them in my hand while walking or I set them down whether at work or somewhere else. But I could easily see myself being paranoid about damaging it from walking with it in pants pockets. But perhaps in jacket pockets, whether it be a suit or a casual jacket, it should be a non-factor.

Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    can you be more specific and give us a good comparison with web browsing?

for example, load times, bookmarks, navigating, zooming, etc.......

at the very least tell us WHY you prefer the webOS browser
    The Android browser is typically still the same, with the exception of Flash. Flash lite anyway, as pointed out by another forum member. (Thank you Mikah) Lets use good ol' Facebook as an example. Basically, with the exception of Flash, webOS can load the entire site. I'm not aware of any other OS on the market that has that capability as of now. Try launching and using Facebook chat in any other browser... Now granted there are plenty of app's available for specific need's such as FB chat, but I like the fact that webOS can do that. As far as load times I can only come to one conclusion: If you're using an app, an overclocked Pre gives the Evo a run for it's money. When it comes to the browser, the Evo excels (due in part to 4g and hardware.) The Evo seemed to load precentral.net consistently 3-5 seconds faster than even an overclocked Pre. Your results may differ.

Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    yeah, but Flash lite is almost useless. That is not at all would he implied in his post.
    Perhaps you're reading more than you need to in my post on that topic. If you read it again, maybe you'll see I stated that it adds a nice touch and is refreshing to see something of that sort available on a new device. I didn't say a single thing about how great the functionality of Flash (Lite) was. The only thing I definitively stated was that I still prefer the webOS browser.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthejosh View Post
    Sorry cardfan, I just got my pre replaced and I lost A LOT of contacts. Very frustrating because I had some special phone numbers on there that are practically irreplaceable unless those special contacts call me. I agree with the other reviewer as I too had the same problem. (And I am not talking about facebook contacts - contacts I manually entered all did not carry over to my new pre). Frustrating.

Cant wait till Evo though!
    Thank you for the backing. Plenty of other Pre users also believed it was my wrong doing or lack of knowledge, but after properly backing up and resetting my device, I had lost 112 contacts when re-signing in.(Or I should say 112 of my Palm Profile contacts did not return.) Each different tier of support basically said that it was an extremely rare occurrence. Oh well. I received a new Touchstone for my troubles. Luckily for me, I had more than one option to reattaining the lost contacts.

I think cmike04 and myself share a mutual agreement that at the end of the day it's still an Android OS and not our cup of tea. And a thanks to those who walked away with something from my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Even though I've never had a problem with the USB port? The ONLY hardware problem I've had is the headphone jack. The Pre is a damn beast. I've dropped it more times than I can count. Usually once a day at minimum. Its got scratches scrapes you name it. BUT it still works near exactly like normal. No oreo no squeaking, all the buttons working, no cracked screen, its just a beast.
    I salute you for your uniqueness and one-of-a-kind experience.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Evo hardware is great, but software is way behind webOS. I wish Palm announce a new phone with a larger screen. The major differences between the Pre and Evo are the screen size, processor and 4G connectivity. Baring these three tho other features like better camera,.... will eventually make it to Pre. Its almost one year since the Pre release, its about time for a new phone.
    i love my pre too. but the main reason for jumping ship here.............

LACK OF APPLICATIONS. android and iphone both trump the pre. as awesome as webos is, albeit laggy, the app market is a shame!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Keep the Pre....wait for a better WebOS phone to come soon !
    Android is feature loaded,cool, fast, BIG, Etc....but I have had a Pre since June 2009, and its a very reliable Phone...not too small, not to BIG....With that 800 Mhz Kernal, its plenty FAST. I dont see this HTC 4g as a superior phone....just different stuff, and HTC has never made SOLID durable phones either. ( Ive had 3, all were poorly constructed) Android is just different, not better.
    Go Palm !!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    And another thing....Sprints going to sell a 4g HTC EVO.....and 4G connections are not yet available in California (Northern) yet, and its an xtra $10 for that service package, for non existent connection...LOL !!
    food for thought
    I wonder if palm pre can load faster shazam oh wait it can't not able to yet, or how about use hdmi to my tv, oops not, or how about visual voicemail oops again it can't.

but it can multitask and use synergy really well that's good yay!!

food for thought again
    Quote Originally Posted by gut46 View Post
    food for thought
    Sprint Nav on the Evo is pointless when you have Google Navigation which puts Sprint Nav to shame. Google it .. (or better yet, Youtube it).
    Food for thought: Telenav for the Pre is a watered down version of Telenav compared to the Android, iPhone and WM versions. Less to load - faster to load.
    Food for thought: Omega 3 Fatty Acids

Also, I can only imagine how fast the Nav system would work in an actual 4G area on the EVO. However, I'll still be sticking with my WebOS device for some time. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    i don't have 4G coverage in my area >
    Sprint Nav on Android works in landscape and has more features.
    There is not an HTC phone in recent memory with any build issue. (unless you want to say the Nexus one capacitive buttons were off.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Sprint Nav on Android works in landscape and has more features.
    Food for thought.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Lol, even Palm's UI director is jumping ship to Google/Android. Guys, it's over. Wake up!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/27/m...ded-to-google/

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/27/p...rience-direct/
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    HP is denouncing and rumor of WebOS in their upcoming HP Slate tablet. You know what that means? Even less interest to invest in WebOS at the moment. People are leaving, HP is putting it on the backburner for now. $2B for Palm is really a small price for the patents they have. HP will use it as they see needed.
    I wouldn't agree with that at all. No one knows what HP will do until the deal is finished. Should be interesting to see how that turns out.