View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 92 of 182 FirstFirst ... 42828788899091929394959697102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 3633
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    I use a Droid Eris as my work phone. I currently use the Eris for almost everything than my Pre. I only use my Pre for calls and texting. I'm planning on switching. Anti-android crowd here likes to spread mis-information. I understand some people here have a false sense of a vested interest in Palm's future. They will defend Palm liked they did the Treo or Centro. WebOS isn't progressing fast enough for me. I hope Palm turns it around with HP and WebOS turns out to be something more than the Printer OS.
    It not that they have a false sense of mis-infromation. It's that we like Palm products. I for one have always been a Palm fan. I have been since the Palm Pilot. It has always had a good sense of integration and I think they have done a great job consolidating calendars and contacts. Better than anything that I have seen from their competitors.

Web OS can catch on if they get better hardware. I', sure that they have heard that from multiple sources and that's why HP bought them.
    why would you start a thread and not answer back.....
    Great review and thank you for giving us an honest opinion.
    I agree that most of us should wait in the dining room and see what Palm/HP is cooking before jumping to the Evo.
    I am getting kind of impatient though, but I won't be eligible for an upgrade till late september anyways so Palm, if there is not a new handset by then well I'm going for Android.
    I'm on my second Pre. I've lost over 100 contacts via Palm Profile "error". I've spent 3 days dealing with online support, customer support, technical support, and engineering support.
    How do you lose contacts? No matter what smartphone i use, i just enter my username and password and they all get pulled in from the cloud (whether its google, exchange, etc).

No offense, but that quote above is revealing and makes your review worthless to me.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    can you be more specific and give us a good comparison with web browsing?

for example, load times, bookmarks, navigating, zooming, etc.......

at the very least tell us WHY you prefer the webOS browser
    Quote Originally Posted by dachiefmizzy View Post
    Great review and thank you for giving us an honest opinion.
    I agree that most of us should wait in the dining room and see what Palm/HP is cooking before jumping to the Evo.
    I am getting kind of impatient though, but I won't be eligible for an upgrade till late september anyways so Palm, if there is not a new handset by then well I'm going for Android.
    I don't think it matters too much these days. It's easy enough to sell a newish handset to offset a lot of what you would pay for even a new WebOS handset with no subsidized upgrade discount.

But I will say my overclocked Pre is currently stable and capable enough so that I don't have a burning need to jump to any handset. I just wish Sprint would give some idea of what's coming down the pike post Evo 4G.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Great work!
    Interesting... thanks for the review man
    Quote Originally Posted by 2891erpmlap View Post
    Now the browser, with Flash. Its nice. Very nice. Viewing sites via 4g with the aid of a fast processor and Flash is refreshing. And quick. Even an overclocked Pre cannot keep up. How much faster? I'll keep it simple and say you can see the difference. But even without Flash, the webOS browser still gets my pick.
    Hmm, how did you run flash on the 2.1 EVO you tried? You need 2.2 to run flash.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I am starting to get through my denial that my favorite mobile operating system is likely to go the way of PalmOS. I fear now that even an injection of cash from HP is enough to overcome HP's general ineptitude with small devices and the distraction that jumping into tablets is going to create. I have been anticipating for a year the day I can refresh my phone and get a WebOS device. I am heartbroken that this day is nearly here, and I will not get a WebOS device. The reasons are deep:

- Hardware - The Pre is a year old on Sprint. Might as well be 100 years old with the pace of innovation in smartphones. HTC kicks out a new device every couple months. The mythical C40 seems to be a decoy, as we have been talking about it since last year. HTC has leaked several devices and released them in this time. I won't get 1-year old tech and hold it for another 2 years.

- OS - Palm is clearly distracted by the HP buyout. Nothing of note has happened on WebOS. Why talk about tablets when you have not cleaned up the phone? Voice dialing? Visual Voicemail? Can we at least get some features that even Blackberries have?

- Apps - There are some good ones. Google Voice is a hole still missing. I still need to spoof the iphone to get some websites to render a webkit page. No one ever supports WebOS.

- HP - I was excited about this and then everything went dark. Then I realized that HP is seeing this as their fix to tablets. I see what HP does with the Ipaq, and it is not impressive. HP will gear toward enterprise solutions, and that will be a problem for consumers looking for innovation in UI and OS. Just look to WinMo for evidence there. Anybody going out to buy HP latest phone? Anybody notice they had one? The Pre will wither unless HP changes the way it looks at small devices. All the money in the world will not save it.

I hope Android works as well as it looks. It's sure pretty in pictures, but navigating looks like a pain compared to WebOS.
    Evo 4G has Flash Lite 4.0, Moby. Good enough for viewing basic Flash elements and animation.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    How do you lose contacts? No matter what smartphone i use, i just enter my username and password and they all get pulled in from the cloud (whether its google, exchange, etc).

No offense, but that quote above is revealing and makes your review worthless to me.
    your statement reveals to me that you don't think a guy can make a mistake and still have insight and opinion worth hearing and to me that's kind of sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Evo 4G has Flash Lite 4.0, Moby. Good enough for viewing basic Flash elements and animation.
    yeah, but Flash lite is almost useless. That is not at all would he implied in his post.
    I'm switching to Evo. I think that Palm/HP will take a while to bring a brand new device to Sprint, so I will enjoy the Evo, then when Palm does release something, I will jump on it. Simple as that. Heck, I might even just stick with Evo until next June in 2011 and just get the Palm device then.
    I have used the EVO too, and honestly... after about 2 minutes with it I got bored and gave it back. The hardware is really nice, if not a little big. It was the OS though, I have no attraction to Android (with the exception of the cool speech to text ability) and it left me wanting more. I for one am definitely waiting to see what the new webOS device looks like!
    I wonder how many T-Mobile G1 users felt this way, when that was the only Android phone with no others in sight (yet).
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I've only been left with the feeling of wanting more with my Pre...hence my separation with it and waiting until it makes a return. I'm more than happy with Android and Sense...maybe not as seemless...but its certainly faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    PICS.....or it didn't happen!

Hope this calms the skeptic.

Also I apologize if I have not answered anyone's questions, if you still have questions please PM me it will be way more organized and I can easily manage checking my inbox and ensure I have gotten to everyone's question's in a timely matter :]

P.S. It hardly feels like its there when it's in your pocket, the Pre feels bulky and fat, however the EVO is flat and matches the contours of your leg perfectly. A couple of times I thought it had fallen out of my pocket. In tight jeans I imagine this would be a different story!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Aclypse; 05/26/2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Trying to figure out how to post pics correctly!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post

Sorry cardfan, I just got my pre replaced and I lost A LOT of contacts. Very frustrating because I had some special phone numbers on there that are practically irreplaceable unless those special contacts call me. I agree with the other reviewer as I too had the same problem. (And I am not talking about facebook contacts - contacts I manually entered all did not carry over to my new pre). Frustrating.

Cant wait till Evo though!
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthejosh View Post
    Sorry cardfan, I just got my pre replaced and I lost A LOT of contacts. Very frustrating because I had some special phone numbers on there that are practically irreplaceable unless those special contacts call me. I agree with the other reviewer as I too had the same problem. (And I am not talking about facebook contacts - contacts I manually entered all did not carry over to my new pre). Frustrating.

Cant wait till Evo though!
    Your fault for not syncing your gmail.