View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 90 of 182 FirstFirst ... 40808586878889909192939495100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    We need to stop defending the Pre its a little piece of crap phone and webos is so basic and lacking the must basic stuff that you can get from any feature phone. Even if Palm can come out with better hardware webos still needs to add all the basic stuff that we expect from any modern smart phone. Go Evo!
    I wouldn't call it crap, I just think it wrong people are ripping on others because they want to try something different. Its a phone move on and if you like great.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkaczy View Post
    The $150 upgrade is for the primary line only. All the others are 2 year for full upgrade eligibility.
    That's what it says in the terms, but every time I go in to upgrade one of our 7 phones the Sprint store will give me the full upgrade price. Now, if I tried to upgrade online, the computers wouldn't give me the full upgrade, so I always do it in the store. I tell them I am a Premier customer, that we have had this phone for one year, and can I have it upgraded. They pull up the account on their computers, look at it, and then they always say "yes".
    We need to stop defending the Pre its a little piece of crap phone and webos is so basic and lacking the must basic stuff that you can get from any feature phone. Even if Palm can come out with better hardware webos still needs to add all the basic stuff that we expect from any modern smart phone. Go Evo!
    You know you can delete double posts right? And what is "all the basic stuff" you are double referring to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Stuck? You're lucky it didnt break yet. My friends GF broke her incredible in under 2 weeks because she cracked the screen because its....GLASS! How many iphones have I seen with screen cracks? A **** ton.
    Even a "**** ton" (whatever that means) is a minuscule fraction of the total iPhones sold. Sounds to me like your friend's GF is pretty clumsy with her phone. I'd wager the iPhone screen is a lot more tough than the Pre USB port.
    sticking with my Pre till a next gen webOS comes out, dont like android and iphoneOS. So whichever comes first webOS tablet or webOS smartphone is what ill be waiting for
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    FYI - I got the Pre on release day and as of 4/1 was eligible for the full upgrade discount. They say every 24 months on non-premier lines, but they actually kick it in 2 months early to entice re-upping that contract before it expires. I guess they're doing the same on Premier lines for some reason.

That being said, I'll probably wait for the next Palm device. Hope they don't make me look like a chump for doing so. There's a chance I'll upgrade to Evo now, and then use my dad's eligibility later this year to get the next Palm device and give him the Evo. Not sure he'll like the huge Evo form factor, though.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    you can check your phones update status on this page. you will need your phone # and zip code.

https://manage.sprintpcs.com/special...bateWelcome.do
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Also don't forget your Anniversary Rewards!

http://premieranniversarydownload.hipdigital.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    why do people come here to rip the Pre and praise Android? There is a androidcentral where you an shout all your praises and the majority will agree.
    For the same reason people try to convert others to their religion.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Nice...just report what you think of the device.

Can't wait to upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    why do people come here to rip the Pre and praise Android? There is a androidcentral where you an shout all your praises and the majority will agree.
    Funny you should ask - it's like: Why do forum members come to the "Other Devices --> Cross-Platform Chat" section of any of the "Central" family of forums and ask why their phone isn't the only phone discussed? The answer is: We're discussing "other devices." Quite the coincidence, isn't it?

Back at you: Why do members of PreCentral come to the "Other Devices --> Cross-Platform Chat" section of their forums and post clearly false statements about devices they've likely never touched? I guess they view the world through Pre-colored glasses.
    My Main reason for switching (screen size).

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint...m-pre#comments
    Last edited by kinster02; 05/25/2010 at 01:54 PM.
    wow... I really want a nice big screen like that
    Speaking of Androidcentral...

Pre vs Evo

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint...gside-palm-pre
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Its kind of funny how cell phones used to be big, then got smaller and smaller, and now they are getting bigger and bigger. Pretty soon we will all be carrying bag phones again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    Its kind of funny how cell phones used to be big, then got smaller and smaller, and now they are getting bigger and bigger. Pretty soon we will all be carrying bag phones again.
    Or tablets
    My Main reason for switching (screen size).

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint...m-pre#comments
    Interesting:

My main reason for NOT switching.

I hate that huge beast
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Interesting:

My main reason for NOT switching.

I hate that huge beast
    Me too.

Actually if I could get the same phone (Pre) dimension or only very little increase in size but more screen real estate I'd go for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    Me too.

Actually if I could get the same phone (Pre) dimension or only very little increase in size but more screen real estate I'd go for that.

Exactly.
    Did you guys watch the video on that page? At the end, the guy has so much trouble trying to throw a card away...