View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 89 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3979848586878889909192939499139 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Yes, 4G for internet & 3G for talk.

The phone has like 4 or 5 radios in it:

1. 3G
    2. 4G
    3. Wifi
    4. FM radio
    5. I forget the 5th(I'm tired), someone please fill it in for me....

Sprint news release: Sprint | News Release

It's under the "Amazing Features, Beautiful Design" section:

Simultaneous voice and data capability in 4G and Wi-Fi coverage areas, enabling Web surfing and more while the conversation continues.
    5. Bluetooth
    6. 1x/rtt (which is the actual voice radio on a CDMA phone)

and im jealous you SOB
    Quote Originally Posted by debsawyer View Post
    I also read that Android does not have voice dialing but it will be coming with 2.2 Froyo.
    It has voice dialing. Bluetooth voice dialing is what you're referring to.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by debsawyer View Post
    I also read that Android does not have voice dialing but it will be coming with 2.2 Froyo.
    well this be updated to 2.2. I've never had an Andriod phone...just Palm (600,755p and Pre). I heard the update process on Andriod isn't that easy.

Also how are people taking the 29.99 fee to use/add the hotspot ability of the Evo? I already knew about the 10 "extra" charge just by having the phone. But then the rep told me about the 29.99 fee for hotspot.

-Mike
    For all the people saying Pics or didn't happen, theres no need. This is very common, a lot've enthusiasts already bought Evo's from Google I/O attendee's off ebay. Considering how many were sold I'm more than inclined to take this guy's word for it. Its not like its something rare or unheard of.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    What is everyone doing on the Anniversary on the Palm Pre Release which is June 6th. Everyone who brought a Palm Pre on in June 2009 should be a Sprint Premier participant. Based on the Premier Program you are eligible to upgrade after one year. I am a little disappointed that there is no information on a new Pre on Sprint for release in June.

I understand that Sprint focus has moved onto the HTC 4G but I still think that they should release something in a new Palm Pre even it was only the Pre Plus. I am for one will probably wait till the HP deal closes but I hope they come out with something new before the end of the Year.
    im eligible for upgrade on 6/1 but am not making a move.. EVO is not convincing to me, plus 4g will take forever to come to my market..

Dont care for Android.. Maybe that will change if nothing else is released...

Bottom line is I love to tether (though rarely use it) and hate my pre's battery life.. so it's love/hate
    I'm holding out for a new Palm device. Certainly they'll have one before the end of 2010. I'm pretty happy with my Pre, so I can hang on to it for a long time. Probably would be happy with an EVO, but would be happier with a new webOS machine. I hope Sprint is the first to get it!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Eligible does not equal mandatory.

My Pre still does a fine job. It no longer has that 'new car smell', but it runs great (with a few after market alterations)

I have no need to spend extra money just for the newest shiny object, so I'll keep it until I either NEED a diferent phone or there are actual features that are worth the extra.
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    Bottom line is I love to tether (though rarely use it) and hate my pre's battery life.. so it's love/hate
    From what I have heard from early reports the battery life on the Evo isn't much better.

I'm going to wait for the next Palm phone or maybe even for the first one released under HP ownership. Palm was short on cash and who knows if they had to cut corners for their upcoming device.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I am not holding out for a new pre device, its just working out that way. If Sprint did not charge the 10.00 extra for a service that I cant even use then I would have gotten and EVO. Not that I don't love my phone, but I just wanted the new thing. But now with that service charge and froyo not being released for the EVO quite yet, I'll wait and see what going on. Who knows, if the other rumors are true about the iphone comming to sprint i might switch to the dark side!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Planning to wait for the next Webos device, my pre is still working great!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Eligible does not equal mandatory.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Holding out for next Pre device.....this year..OR the WEBOS tablet....w00t.
    I am a hardware ***** and am still going to wait for the next palm device. The evo is nice but HTC made some very puzzling design decisions when making the device. The huge screen looks nice but is an old school lcd not an oled which is going to kill battery and give a less impressive picture. they went with a first gen snapdragon which as fast as it is will be supplanted in the coming weeks with better/faster models (the chip in the pre can actually handle 3-D graphics better than that snapdragon), not to mention coming out running android 2.1 with no known upgrade timeline to 2.2 (sprint hero users had to wait 8 months for an update.

The evo will be the rage now but in a month or 2 will already been old and dated by android standards
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Someone explain this to me - I have been with Sprint 10 years, 3 lines - but the best I can figure is all I am eligible for is $75 - as all 3 phones are less than 2 years old.

AT 2 years I get the 'free upgrade' or $150 - which ever is greatest.

I'd love for someone to show that I got this analysis wrong.
    If you are a Sprint Premier (with 3 lines and / or data plans, you should be eligible...call them) you CAN (not MUST) upgrade every 12 months.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    1. Potential Tegra powered webOS phone is meaningless in the actual present. We can always sell and buy and trade to get whatever we want. So that's a useless argument.

2. Plastic is better? I cracked my plastic treo screen due to pressure. One isn't necessarily better than the other.

Shame people try to use bad arguments to defend their precious OS. Embrace it all. Competition is good. ALL the OS's have their merits, even the lowly iphone.
    1. Tegra won't come to the WebOS for years (at least for mobile phone devices).

2. Plastic is never better.
    Sticking with my Pre until the next webOS device comes out.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    The $150 upgrade is for the primary line only. All the others are 2 year for full upgrade eligibility.
    Ok, so that means that if my primary line phone is over 1 yr old - then I can get the EVO for $200 or Pixi for free?

Is this reflected on line (MY SPRINT acct) or do I have to ask a sales rep to get it?

Thanks