View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 88 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3878838485868788899091929398138 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 3633
    Out of all the Palm devices this WebOS is the best but I have given Palm WAY too much time to just FIX or update the LITTLE things that matter the most to your average user...THINGS that YES are available through homebrew but you shouldn't have to do all that crap to make a phone tell you the timer on your calls or time stamps on a text message, save a text message, create groups in contacts. Again this should ALL come out of the box ready.

I also have issues where I just don't get text from certain people at all but i get them fine on other sprint phones from the same people, I have gone through like 12 Pre's so far I LOVE the form factor and the OS but I recently went into my own car business and I cant stand not having grouped contacts that is a BIG one for me. Some of you will say yeah you can put the last name field n pull it up that way but I need to have it more organized than that. Palm NEEDS to integrate some of the BEST features of their PALM OS that people loved before which includes FULL backup of everything.

I had a chance to play with an android phone for the time the other day it was a Sprint Hero 1.6 droid, I loved the OS and how it had everything I want, I however also played with a nexus one with newer 2.1 and it didnt have the group contacts function as the Hero did. Also a tmobile MyTouch didn't, so THAT was kind of a turn off that ONE OS changes different features with different phones.

I have this thing where I have always HAD to have a physical keyboard and more so I hate slide out horizontal keyboards lol I am looking to get an EVO cause the OS does everything I want, however I would LOVE to come back to webOS when its a little more friendly with the features I really need.

I hope I can get use to the all touch screen otherwise I will continue to use my PRE. Wondering who else is in the same boat some what?
    JEEBUS!!

Really?

There are approximately 14,371 other threads....ALL asking "anyone else thinking of going EVO"?

So, the answer is a resounding YES. Many are.
    I plan on getting the Evo but I plan on keeping my Pre, its just because I have nothing else to compare the Pre to. It was and still is my first smart phone, who knows maybe I'll like the Evo maybe not. But the Pre will always hold a special place on my shelf.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    as soon as you get your EVO running, something will come out that can "run circles around" it... Take a look at what nVidia is doing, and what they are saying about Palm...

Nvidia CEO: Netbooks and Tablets to Meld, Hints at Tegra-Powered webOS Devices
    Just as the title says, I have the new HTC EVO 4G. I received it from someone who went to the google i/o conference. If you have any questions about it please feel free to ask! (I'm actually typing on it now, its not bad!)
    Can you talk on the phone and surf at the same time with 4G? Also, please post battery life info after running the battery from full to almost empty a few times. Reports are that the EVO battery is no better than Pre or iPhone.

On a related note, here is what will make the EVO obsolete... and notice what they say about webOS...

Nvidia CEO: Netbooks and Tablets to Meld, Hints at Tegra-Powered webOS Devices
    dude that tegra 2 chip will be in windows and android.. They just picked up webos so palm will still be behind.. Far as evo being obsolete I don't think so not in the near future this is cutting edge stuff my friend worlds first 4g phone with front facing cam.. That gives you the abillity for video confrence jetsons type ish
    Quote Originally Posted by Aclypse View Post
    Just as the title says, I have the new HTC EVO 4G. I received it from someone who went to the google i/o conference. If you have any questions about it please feel free to ask! (I'm actually typing on it now, its not bad!)
    PICS.....or it didn't happen!
    how many cards can you keep open? I get about 15 with the overclock....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I prefer not to waste my upgrade, I will wait to get evo specs and my favorite webos on the same device. I am not that jumpy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Can you talk on the phone and surf at the same time with 4G?

I'd like to know that to please.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    I'd like to know that to please.
    Yes, 4G for internet & 3G for talk.

The phone has like 4 or 5 radios in it:

1. 3G
    2. 4G
    3. Wifi
    4. FM radio
    5. I forget the 5th(I'm tired), someone please fill it in for me....

Sprint news release: Sprint | News Release

It's under the "Amazing Features, Beautiful Design" section:

Simultaneous voice and data capability in 4G and Wi-Fi coverage areas, enabling Web surfing and more while the conversation continues.

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    With as many times I've dropped my Droid and iPhone with no effect on the screen, I'm really glad I wasn't stuck with a plastic screen.
    Stuck? You're lucky it didnt break yet. My friends GF broke her incredible in under 2 weeks because she cracked the screen because its....GLASS! How many iphones have I seen with screen cracks? A **** ton.
    I'm pretty torn about this whole thing. I'm 50/50 and I have no idea what I'm going to do. My question is how could Palm not announce their plans before the EVO drops? IMO it's common sense and they can't afford not to

I preordered at Best Buy last week and I was number 61. The guy said that most of the people that preordered owned Pre's. Why would they risk losing so many customers??
    5 Bluetooth!?!

Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Yes, 4G for internet & 3G for talk.

The phone has like 4 or 5 radios in it:

1. 3G
    2. 4G
    3. Wifi
    4. FM radio
    5. I forget the 5th(I'm tired), someone please fill it in for me....

Sprint news release: Sprint | News Release

It's under the "Amazing Features, Beautiful Design" section:

Simultaneous voice and data capability in 4G and Wi-Fi coverage areas, enabling Web surfing and more while the conversation continues.
    We need to stop defending the Pre its a little piece of crap phone and webos is so basic and lacking the must basic stuff that you can get from any feature phone. Even if Palm can come out with better hardware webos still needs to add all the basic stuff that we expect from any modern smart phone. Go Evo!
    We need to stop defending the Pre its a little piece of crap phone and webos is so basic and lacking the must basic stuff that you can get from any feature phone. Even if Palm can come out with better hardware webos still needs to add all the basic stuff that we expect from any modern smart phone. Go Evo!
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    pics?
    I also read that Android does not have voice dialing but it will be coming with 2.2 Froyo.
    1. Potential Tegra powered webOS phone is meaningless in the actual present. We can always sell and buy and trade to get whatever we want. So that's a useless argument.

2. Plastic is better? I cracked my plastic treo screen due to pressure. One isn't necessarily better than the other.

Shame people try to use bad arguments to defend their precious OS. Embrace it all. Competition is good. ALL the OS's have their merits, even the lowly iphone.