View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 86 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196136 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 3633
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I'm not. EVO and Froyo convinced me to switch.
    I know a lot of you people are locked into Sprint for reasons of loyalty and finances (it's exactly the same for me with O2) but I'm not sure at all that Palm will do exclusivity periods like the one they had (have? notice that all other US carriers got the Plus and Sprint is technically the only one selling devices called "Palm Pre") with Sprint.

I may be wildly off, but I think that HP will leverage their bankroll and invest into starting future phones on as many carriers as simultaneously as possible in order for the deal to pay off more quickly. How this relates to the next device which is probably still a 'pure' Palm device with Palm structures behind it, I do not know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan000 View Post
    I'm not. EVO and Froyo convinced me to switch.
    And why exactly Froyo convinced you? Because of webKit V8? Maybe because of tethering? The reason is application updates? Or because of is the newest (but far from the better)?

everything chimed as new in Froyo is in webOS...
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Well, there are the Touchstones I have scattered around the house, car & work, and all the apps I've bought. ...and, the new hope HP will do great things! ...like a webOS tablet! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfaye21 View Post
    Hi guys,
    As we all know, Americas first 4G phone, the HTC EVO is going to be released on June 4th. For us Sprint premier customers we all have the opportunity to switch from our Pre to the EVO. I am personally going to stay with my Pre due to WebOS and the fact that there is one of, if not the best, community's to support you. So what I am asking is, why are you staying?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I havent got a pre but know Everything about them I love them. But I also like look of WP7 so might get dell lightning instead but u love em both
    See this is where through desperation Sprint has a lil bit of genius. By placing all the Pre customers in the unlim data plan they qualify of the upgrade every year. Instead of people getting frustrated and leaving Sprint for a better phone. We now have all those people who were going to go Android along with all the people who wanted better hardware that Palm sadly didn't provide.

So if Sprint plays this out right they are going to see a massive up take in clients. There are only two things now holding me back right now. I'm not ready to learn a 3rd OS for my phone and that Sprint is screwing us with the 10.00 added for 4G on the phone. I may not like it but the 30.00 for the mifi i can justify. Now SPRINT drop the 10.00 and you might just get even more then you will get.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    And why exactly Froyo convinced you? Because of webKit V8? Maybe because of tethering? The reason is application updates? Or because of is the newest (but far from the better)?

everything chimed as new in Froyo is in webOS...
    It's a millioni times faster than WebOS is at right now.
    I was looking at Phil going through settings in Froyo on his Nexus One.

Well, it's fast.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/androi...ough-nexus-one

My Pre can't do that out of the box. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    It's a millioni times faster than WebOS is at right now.
    I was looking at Phil going through settings in Froyo on his Nexus One.

Well, it's fast.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/androi...ough-nexus-one

My Pre can't do that out of the box. :/
    Damn that IS fast. My Pre cant do that with the 800MHz patch.
    Wow Froyo is wicked. WEB OS was better then Andrid 2.1 buy a mile but i got to admit from all the videos I have seen the gap is closing. Froyo is pretty awesome. I really need to play with it before I give a real opinion but it looks amazing. Simply wow.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 05/23/2010 at 03:30 PM.
    I'm loving everything about the HTC EVO!
    I'll be ebaying my Pre on June 5th.............

so far WebOS and the Pre can't hold a candle to what the EVO is doing, and I LOVE the live wallpapers!
    plus it seems Android has much better apps being written for it than WebOS.
    the fact that the Flash beta came out for Android first shows that it's the most supported OS out there right now.
    can't wait to have a nice glass screen instead of the cheap feeling plastic one on the Pre...

it's a no brainer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I'm loving everything about the HTC EVO!
    I'll be ebaying my Pre on June 5th.............

so far WebOS and the Pre can't hold a candle to what the EVO is doing, and I LOVE the live wallpapers!
    plus it seems Android has much better apps being written for it than WebOS.
    the fact that the Flash beta came out for Android first shows that it's the most supported OS out there right now.
    can't wait to have a nice glass screen instead of the cheap feeling plastic one on the Pre...

it's a no brainer!
    With how many times I've dropped my pre I am glad it has a plastic screen.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    This is true.
    I'm on the verge of switching, but what I love about my Pre is that I've dropped it many times to no scratches or anything. Awesome.

But then again, if it didn't have such a curvy nature, I woudln't be dropping it as much, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    With as many times I've dropped my Droid and iPhone with no effect on the screen, I'm really glad I wasn't stuck with a plastic screen.
    Unfortunately, Palm is just way too slow developing devices that will grab peoples attention, I know theres the mystical C40 somewhere down the line but with no spy shots, leaked info, any idea at all on the specs I can't wait, I am on my 3rd Pre now, each replacement phone is a refurb, thru Sprint's insurance program, which maddens me as each one has had a hardware failure due to its own design not misuse by me, I am a huge fan of Web OS, BUT, until they build a piece of hardware that is as elegant and feature rich as the EVO I will have to keep on waiting, hopefully HP/PALM will have the resources to finally get some amazing WEB OS devices out there. I'm not giving up on you Palm, butI am taking a hiatus until you get back in the running.......
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    another reason i am jumping ship and glad i preordered at best buy - they are giving everyone who preordered a free plantronics bluetooth headset and an additional discount on evo accessories when the accessories are purchased in the same transaction as the phone itself.

i will miss the pre. it's my favorite phone to date. i'm just hoping it doesnt remain so.
    Do you have a link to the discount on accessories? I heard about the free headset, but not the discount.

Just to let you all know, that if you are a sprint premier customer you get 20% off all accessories at Sprint stores, all the time, every day.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    sorry folks, the Pre is a year old. evo 4g it is. ps i love sprint and their one year upgrade policy. with how fast phones are updating its hard to believe people on other carriers are stuck for two years with the same phone. yay sprint. perhaps i'' get that hp/palm device in june 2011
    I Love my Pre but the hardware is killing me, on my third phone and it has started the dreaded shut down for no reason and will not turn on until it feels like it. My pre went dead for about 3 hrs on friday (for no apparent reason). And I treat this phone as if it is live explosives, very gentle (my wife is jealous) So if the EVO is not too big I will be leaving palm after a 8 year journey. I love WEBOS but I am tired of hearing I called you but your phone went straight to voicemail. I will definitely give EVO a 29 day look!
    Can't wait for Evo >.< Android looks pretty nice, especially with the refunds policy. Its kinda like a trial for all apps. I believe you can delete the app within 24 Hours and get your money back. Also, the apps, more so the Google Apps. I can't wait to have Google Voice back working properly, the Google Goggles, gmail, calendar, navigation, etc. Thank goodness for the 30 Day return. If it doesn't work for me, I'll go back with my Pre.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    SO my brother in law works for Sprint here in the Nashville area and he has an EVO already. he is some kind of product ambassador and got one last week. He is supposed to be training on it so he can in turn train others in his office. He gets to keep it for a while and told me tonight I may be able to get it for a day just to see what it is like.

He then also told me they are testing 4g in the area that my office is located so I can possibly try out the 4g. I am pretty excited just to see what it is like. Not sure I would want to switch from my Pre but it will be fun to play with for a day or so.