View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 85 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095135 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 3633
    I love the size, but mainly the multitasking. As a three year user of iPhone, I am thankful to Apple for changing everything. But, after using the Pre for just a month I find multi-tasking to be the ultimate app, and the free 3g hotspot the next major factor. But, the final thing is the Palm community. Having just recently installed Preware, I find the ease of changing features on your phone to be so much nicer than jailbreaking the iPhone. I love the good spirit of the Palm community encouraging us to pay for our apps, and contrast that with some in the iPhone jailbreaking community.

The iPhone has a big lead in apps, but there are probably twice the number of apps than necessary for the iPhone. I believe Palm and HP will bring big functionality to the webos, and that the best, most useful apps will find there way to the webos eventually.

I got my PPPlus wet Friday night and it just revived tonight after warming it on my touchstone charger while putting it into some dry rice. Keeping my fingers crossed, and turning on the 3g hotspot to get it even warmer.

While I was without my Pre I was forced to use my non-activated iPhone and found it so clunky to use after the Pre. I had used it for three years and used the Pre a month, and I was missing the Pre badly. The iPhone is an awesome phone, and if ATT's service (dropped calls) wasn't so bad I never would have tried the Pre. Can't see myself going back.

P.S. I should say that this is my second Pre Plus. After reading about this mis-typing problem on this forum I took my first Pre Plus back because it mis-typed so often. Mostly it added two to three letters instead of one. With the new Pre Plus it hasn't been a problem. I can't get this one to do it. So, anyone with a new PPPlus that mis-types should take it back and demand a new one. I had to make a call to customer service first, reset the phone while they were on hold, and then they allowed me to get a new one at the store.
    Last edited by jimwarden; 05/23/2010 at 12:49 AM.
    I don't know what to say.. This is the first time my phone didn't bore me. This is the first time that I find something new to like everyday. Slight oreo effect, a crack started it's way from the USB door, but I think my home magic has that under control. I have the BodyGlove case, so I don't know how fragile the Pre is anymore.

But WebOS? I would walk around with a stone, if WebOS could work on it. What an almost perfect OS, and it is so young, so imagine how great it will get, especially (hoping) with the new HP slant.

I use a Sprint Pre, orignal model, and I am continually impressed. My next device must be a WebOS device, so Palm/HP please work fast.
    Come on guys!
    Do you really have to flame this guy?

He posted in the correct sub-forum.

<<edit - OT posts deleted>>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/23/2010 at 02:10 AM.
    From a hardware perspective, the EVO is a dream. If the hardware was running a WebOS 2.0 backed by HP complete with Docs2Go integration and proper Google Apps (including Google Maps w/ nav) along with all of the API functionality that has been available in Android from the beginning it would be a no-brainer for most of us to switch. I'm holding out for an announcement that we will be getting a webOS superphone soon. If however, there is nothing announced by September, I'll probably pick up the EVO too.
    I know we all would like to hear just some type of proof or information of the next WebOS Palm phone to be released... but "if" lets just assume that the next WebOS is a 4G... do you think that Sprint first wants to sell off the Evo then in a few months like November, will release the "Pre II 4G"? I mean, I don't think they want to have 2 phone that are 4G to be released at the same time. So I'm just assuming that they will have the next Palm phone in late fall after the Evo dies down a little. Right? I don't know... I'm just talking crazy I guess... haha

I'm just tempted in getting the Evo 4G! But then again WebOS is the OS King xD
    Be prepared to have your post moved to where all the comparison posts go

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-ge...-official.html
    Well I'm not comparing here, just mentioning a release timing for a new Palm WebOS phone xD
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    If an when we receive word a Pre II is coming the touchstone charger could be enough to keep me with Palm. I love the damn thing. If they just beefed up the Pre's hardware specs (memory, storage and processors) and increase the speed of WebOS I'm a happy camper.
    Good point.. but then again the more high-end smartphone devices that sprint has to offer, the better. What carrier would want to restrict themselves to one device when they can offer 2 or 3 high-end devices showing off their 4G capabilities? The more phones sprint has showing off 4G the better. Also the more choices consumers have, the better. Sprint has nothing to lose by having the pre 2 and the EVO selling simultaneously. They'll probably spend more time marketing and pushing the EVO. But in the end sprint just wants subscribers. It doesn't matter if those subscribers come from EVO or pre 2 users.
    I agree the Touchstone is awesome! I mean it better have the ability to use that sexy Touchstone haha
    The touchstone is awesome... no messing around with trying to shove a plug into your phone when you are drunk... just drop it on the TS and it is up and charging!
    Quote Originally Posted by nychump View Post
    Good point.. but then again the more high-end smartphone devices that sprint has to offer, the better. What carrier would want to restrict themselves to one device when they can offer 2 or 3 high-end devices showing off their 4G capabilities? The more phones sprint has showing off 4G the better. Also the more choices consumers have, the better. Sprint has nothing to lose by having the pre 2 and the EVO selling simultaneously. They'll probably spend more time marketing and pushing the EVO. But in the end sprint just wants subscribers. It doesn't matter if those subscribers come from EVO or pre 2 users.
    Maybe Sprint and HTC has some type of contract... keeping only HTC to have 4G atm tell a few months perhaps??
    I believe there are numerous 4G devices coming out on sprint this year and they don't seem to exclusively be sticking to the EVO. They need a flagship device and the very first 4G device might as well be the flagship phone.

Sprint partner Clearwire expands 4G, comes out with new phones | VentureBeat

"Finally, Clearwire said that both Samsung and HTC will be bringing out 4G phones later this year with its Clear brand. The Samsung will be an Android phone “optimized for heavy video and video communications use”, and the HTC is described simply as a “a 3G/4G/WiFi enabled phone.” The HTC phone could be a Windows Phone 7 device, Engadget speculates."
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I don't know.
    I checked out Froyo... that thing looks sick.
    That coupled with a lot of other things Android devices can do, well...
    I'm still on the fence. Only thing I know is I'll really miss Web OS if I do leave.
    Are you looking for a phone that provides the features you use the most and one that does that well, or bragging rights? My pre does everthing I want it to do and from a hardware standpoint is functions very well.
    Hmm so I heard too about that Samsung phone... idk I hope they will release some info about it soon...
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I'm staying for now because my upgrade isn't until July. I want to give time to see what's coming from Palm bit if things are the way Deiter thinks they are and we don't see new hardware for six months i'll have to move on.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Fueling up the tanks on my Flamethrower.....woooooosh
    Same with me... I have my passport, ready to cross into the Android world. WebOS is by far the greatest OS out there. I just wish the hardware wasn't cheesy and cheap. Blah, but just look at the Evo, makes you wanna drop your mouth wide open and drool at it! :O I just hope Palm will announce something before my upgrade date (Aug.2010) HURRY UP PALM! xD