View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 84 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3474798081828384858687888994134 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    stuff
    Seems like your problems would be solved with better hardware, not an update to WebOS.

Also, I would not even be considering getting an Evo had my Palm Pre not been stolen from me last week, but Alas, I have no choice. I either shell out 200$ for an Evo, or 150$ for a Pre. Surprisingly, I did have to think about it for awhile, but in the end I decided to go with the Evo. I don't want to buy a year old device months prior to a next gen Pre being released. I certainly don't want to go without a smartphone for 4 months either.
    to the post about he evo speed. There is another thread here where someone was able to do side-by-side comparison with their Pre (in a 3g market) and some things were faster on the Pre. Clock speed isn't always the primary indicator of speed. Just ask apple. Or intel, or AMD...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I like it. 'Nuff said.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I like the fact that I CAN replace my battery. 2800mah battery. I get more than 5 hours of constant use. Can you even replace the battery in the EVO with a 3rd party one? My battery life is now one of the reasons I WANT to keep my Pre. That and webOS kicks ***. And HP bought them. And I like the vertical slider. And Preware. And...
    I'm staying for many reasons, most of which have already been stated here. WebOS is a great OS and I'm actually very happy with my Sprint Pre's hardware. It could be better but I have yet to have any issues with it.

The thing I really dislike about Android is that as far as updates go, it's very very reminiscent of Windows Mobile. You buy the state of the art WinMo handset and when an update for WinMo is released you have to hope and pray the handset manufacturer cranks out the update AS WELL AS your carrier having to pass it and give it to you. More often than not, it's a crap shoot as to whether or not you'll be allowed to have it. I've seen this happening especially with the older Android handsets quite a bit.. many users are still stuck on 1.6. And with 2.2 coming soon, how many 2.0 users are going to get the update (and if they do, how many will get it in a timely manner)? Sure, I know you can hack the updates in via leaked ROMs and whatnot, but that can be a real pain.

Palm has the smarts to do it's level best to keep parity across all of it's carriers and handsets. For developers, that's key.
    4G, 4G, 4G...

I guess some people HAVE to have the latest thing. My Pre and it's connection are plenty fast for me. It is an awesome phone. There will always be something new coming out. We don't even have 4G around here.
    Palm is not paying me or any of us to stay so can people stop acting like they have no other choice but to stay! Geez it's just a phone!
    I can afford to switch to the iPhone 4.0, Droid Incredible, EVO if I wanted . . . Why don't I want to? Becsuse they don't have webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    I really want both but can't, so I will also keep my pre due to the superiority of webOS
    I want too, Palm for my contacts, calendar, email, texting,etc. EvO for everything else...
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    I can't upgrade yet. That's why.
    LOL
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I went to Verizon to look at the Droid and the Pre Plus. I left with Pre Plus. Mostly because it was much less expensive at $50 and was similar to the droid with multi task ability.

I thought I'd try the Pre Plus for 30 days and return it if I didn't like it. Tomorrow is my 30th day with this Pre Plus and I love this phone. I also own a Blackberry Tour 9630 which I like very much too.

I wanted a multi tasking touch screen phone that was user friendly. Thats what this Pre Plus is for me. I'm not thrilled with the Palm app catalog but I'm hoping to get Preware and start using homebrew apps soon. They sound very cool.

Preware and Homebrew apps have been a real challenge for me. Other phones may have more apps that are easier to get downloaded but it's not enough for me to ditch this Pre.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Hey I found a good deal on a palm pre 2 touchstones and 2 cases for cheap... check it out!
    Palm Pre (Sprint) Barely used Orig. box / accessories - eBay (item 250635397544 end time May-23-10 13:06:31 PDT)
    I hate the Pre's hardware, but webos is the best operation system i ever laid my hands on!...I tried the nexus one and its very clingy...i have an iPhone about a year ago and i have to agree, the iPhone gets boring. Sophia and every single one of her whorish mothers have it too. I want a phone that delievers, but a phone thats popular because of the huge "app" market. Dont get me wrong, iPhones are awesome too, but the "webOs" is the deciding factor.
    I know a lot of people complain about this phone (and I, myself, am on my third Pre), but I just can't even imagine going back to any other phone. I just love being able to push a button and wipe away cards. I was on my dads phone earlier, and I was looking to do that, forgetting only my phone had that ability. I love universal search, I love the menus, I basically love everything about the phone. WebOS is amazing to me, and as long as I'm able to get my Pre fixed every time it stops working, I don't see what the issue is
    I love webos and I cringe that the thought of having an Androis OS phone. I like the openness of this phone and the homebrew community that takes advantage of it. For my needs the Pre handles PIM wonderfully. I want a physical keyboard.

And once you go touchstone, you never go back.
    I really don't understand people having issue with battery life and 4g. It's such a non-issue

And if people didn't have issues with the hardware, issues with the software and didn't have upgrade-itis, would this be a topic of conversation? Seriously, it's a dumb question. A company bringing out a superior product (arguable to some), and someone questions the basis of the question?
    Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post

WebOS is Linux-based. Linux = the most popular open-source OS out there. HP WebOS is expected to be incorporated in over 50% of all mobile devices by 2014 (smartphones, tablets, netbooks, printers, even refrigerators were announced this year sporting it).

Bottom line, it's HP. It cannot fail.
    There. Fixed it for ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by tolos View Post
    I'm staying because I just got mine and joined here! Now there are threads asking why people might leave?? I've had an iPhone, NexusOne, and a Droid... this is by far the best OS I've ever used - its amazing that people would not see this as being that much better than Android or Apple. Either people never have used either of those OS's at length, or their attention gets pulled by any shiny, sparkly new things that come along. But... that's just a newbies' opinion. Personally, I love this thing!
    Welcome to precentral, I hope you enjoy your stay as much as you seem to be enjoying your new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by mfaye21 View Post
    Hi guys,
    As we all know, Americas first 4G phone, the HTC EVO is going to be released on June 4th. For us Sprint premier customers we all have the opportunity to switch from our Pre to the EVO. I am personally going to stay with my Pre due to WebOS and the fact that there is one of, if not the best, community's to support you. So what I am asking is, why are you staying?
    WebOS is unlike any other mobile OS out there. Kick's iPhone and Android's ***. Unsurpassed multitasking and notifications = best phone ever.
    First let me say I LOVE WebOS. So taking my Palm Pre to Radio Shack and trading it in for my deposit on the EVO 4g was super difficult. In the end it came down to two things. 1. Hardware and 2. Finally being able to pull my phone out around Apple ******* and know that I've got the most bad-***** phone available.

WebOS is great but how many Palm Pre's do I have to go through before I get one where the power button, slider, and screen all work at the same time?!?! Not to mention that I was a little ****ed when they released the Pre Plus for only verizon....now AT&T but not the customers who breathed life back into their little company - Sprint customers.

Anyway, it was still difficult to part with my Pre but I am looking forward jumping into the EVO and the 4G world (Atlanta has great coverage). I think the stampede of customers leaving Palm for new hardware should wake them up to the reality that while having great software is important - it means nothing if your hardware sucks and is cheap.

Whadaya think?