View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 80 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3070757677787980818283848590130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Good luck with the 4-5 hour battery life. I hope HTC includes several power adapters in the box. See the linked AP review.

AP News : Jacksonville Daily News

And for reference, the phone it's based off of (HD2) also has terrible battery life as well.

HTC HD2 battery test ready, not bad at all

I'll take the 12-13 hours of my trusty 'ol Pre thank you.
    I can guarantee the Pre wouldn't last 12-13 hours on a stock battery if you were constantly doing things that required the screen to be on and different radios to be in use like that AP reporter was.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I read it as he went to two different areas not websites so now I have realized the irony of my signature I really need to get more sleep or start drinking coffee
    No worries xobx, you more than made up for it with that hysterical avatar.

Edit: OMG, I googled that headline and found the original news article.
    http://archive.easternecho.com/conte...package?page=2

As I read through it it became obvious the headline was intentional. Here is a list of words / phrases I found in the article:

ramming, bulging, swollen, hung, cocktails, snaked, fastened their grip, noodled, flaccid, meat, hardships, stiff, jacking, government sausage, and my favorite one at the very end of the article "And it certainly beats any package Bush ever raised"
    Last edited by rlopin; 05/21/2010 at 06:29 PM.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    so i was reading this article, Sprint requests bids from LTE equipment suppliers « Boy Genius Report , and noticed that sprint is looking to explore all options in the available 4g world, now looking into LTE. they say that they need to “leverage all the assets we have in such a way that offers us the lowest cost per bit” which is completely understandable, however if they make a transition from current the WiMax contract they have with clearwire to an LTE network, wouldnt that render the Evo useless on the current 4g network, having it end up being just a rediculously spec'd 3g device? was just curious if i was interpreting that the wrong way or not... thx for the input
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    +1
    sprint may be smart enough to adopt LTE because at&t and VZ are goin to LTE. They may also be setting themselves up to be acquired.
    I don't see Sprint moving away from the Clear. They have it up and running and the LTE still has a lot of issues. One of which is the t/d. Time of system to transmit data and the distance it can transmit that same data. "V" has been working hard on this issue and the high ups at "V" I talk to from time to time are praying that Clear is not to far ahead when they are ready to roll LTE out. There are two things I can see happen here.
    1)Sprint (Clear) whats to look at the competitions system for inside knowledge.
    2)Sprint (Clear) may integrate LTE with WiMax and lease out the LTE side.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    it just didnt make much sense to me that they would completely change their network, and then essentially have their flagship device for the network(evo) be relatively useless on the network if in fact they did switch to LTE... i mean i really dont care about the evo, and it does look like a fantastic phone, i just hope that palm announces their next flagship device to rock the waters that r currently dominated by android/iphone
    I am absolutely giving the Pre one more year, and then I'll see what else is out there in the WEB OS market. I can't get over how much the Pre is just one of a kind and the best device I have never used in my time on this planet.

I am, however, very curious as to the dual camera, notably the 8mp main camera. Of course that's nothing compared to the rest of the EVO's features.

One more year, and then I will most likely be sticking with Palm. Just want a better screen, better hardware, expandable memory slot, TV output, better camera along with xenon flash. These are all possibilities.
    Last edited by voltageROCK; 05/22/2010 at 05:21 PM.
    Good luck with the 4-5 hour battery life. I hope HTC includes several power adapters in the box. See the linked AP review.

In the end, the biggest hassle was the battery, which often died after four to five hours of usage. Granted, I spent a lot of time taking pictures, using the video camera, checking e-mail and tinkering with the phone - more than I would after the honeymoon phase ended. Sprint says the phone can be used for six hours of talking, but doesn't specify battery life for "obsessive e-mail checking and apps use." The company also said I might have gotten more time had I turned off the 4G system when I was in 3G-only areas.

And for reference, the phone it's based off of (HD2) also has terrible battery life as well.

I'll take the 12-13 hours of my trusty 'ol Pre thank you.
    I found this while looking for more info.

HTC Evo 4G Successor Gets 240 Hours Battery Life
    That's it, HTC! Unless you shape up NOW I'm going to JUMP SHIP to the EVO2! I want flash support on my Evo already, and not just promises! And I want that Intel processor because Intel is a big name! The Evo should really have come with better specs, it feels old already and I just want the latest and greatest so EVO2 here I come!!!

(And I'm betting it works too. What HTC/Android are doing is to try and gain mindshare by oversaturating the market and crowding out other options by their sheer volume. They're faring pretty well so far)
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    That's it! I'm jumping ship. This EVO is so archaic. I'm going for the EVO 2. I'm going with my buddy Godshapedhole.
    .. you ship jumpers are gonna be really disappointed when the Evo 3 comes out
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicMan View Post
    .. you ship jumpers are gonna be really disappointed when the Evo 3 comes out
    +1
    kinster - This link was debunked over at AndroidCentral on the thread you posted.

THread closed.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by nvmaddog View Post
    Don't hold your breath.
    Although I'm probably thinking the same, as in, the Pre2 may disappoint I believe that HP-Palm devices will come soon after and in rapid succession...they have to in order to run with Android and iPhone.

So the Pre2 may disappoint in comparison to the EVO, iand further frustrate those upgrading to Pre2 if the HP-Palm device comes out within months thereafter and improves/leaps Pre2.
    My bigest problem with Android is that you will have the best phone for about a onth or two and then a new update comes out and you have to wait. Then by the time you get it you will have it for about a month or two and then another update is on the way. At that point you might not even get the update because a new better and more hyped phone comes out and Google forgets about your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    My bigest problem with Android is that you will have the best phone for about a onth or two and then a new update comes out and you have to wait. Then by the time you get it you will have it for about a month or two and then another update is on the way. At that point you might not even get the update because a new better and more hyped phone comes out and Google forgets about your phone.
    It is not google "forgetting" about your phone it's manufacturers like HTC and Motorola making skins over android (sense or motoblur) then taking so long to prepare it for the update that it is already outdated
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Palm really needs to announce the specs for their next phone soon. I'm sure there are a lot of people like myself, who are curious about the Evo. The big screen and much better Android apps are a draw. I really like Web OS though. Here's the biggest thing for me that won't work on the Evo.

I have three accounts that I need to sync. My personal Gmail account, which I don't keep a calendar on. My business's Google Apps account where I do use the calendar. Finally, my clients Exchange Server.

On the Evo you can only sync your Gmail calendar for your first (primary) account. Not from secondary ones. I need my personal account to be my primary account for I think obvious reasons (that's the account the links to a bunch of the Google services and where all paid for apps are tied to). However, then I won't be able to sync my calendar on my Google Apps account. So, you say use their Exchange Server functionality for the second account. Well, you can only sync one Exchange Server and I need that for my client.

It's funny that with the Pre you can have as many of each type of account that you want and it all works fine. It's a little embarrassing for Google that they can't get their own services working well on their own phones.
    Well, that the totally abysmal battery life, and the fact I tested out and HD2 and thought I was holding a DVD case up to my head when talking

In the end, the biggest hassle was the battery, which often died after four to five hours of usage. Granted, I spent a lot of time taking pictures, using the video camera, checking e-mail and tinkering with the phone - more than I would after the honeymoon phase ended. Sprint says the phone can be used for six hours of talking, but doesn't specify battery life for "obsessive e-mail checking and apps use." The company also said I might have gotten more time had I turned off the 4G system when I was in 3G-only areas.

I'll take the normal size and 12-13 hours of my trusty 'ol Pre thank you.