View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 77 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2767727374757677787980818287127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 3633
    "Android is great, except the top-selling Android handsets on two of the four largest carriers in the country. And if Android doesn't work, it's because of user error, not poor design.

But we've fixed it this time, honest!"
    Watching the Google conference...i'm 100% going to android...they are just pushing the platform further than I think Palm could even think about doing at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    "Android is great, except the top-selling Android handsets on two of the four largest carriers in the country. And if Android doesn't work, it's because of user error, not poor design.

But we've fixed it this time, honest!"
    Whatever. Let's judge WebOS solely on the basis of mediocre build quality Sprint Pre phones running 1.3.1.

"You say things got better since then?! Who cares?!? I already made up my mind!!!"
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    OK people. Read the review from Engadget and then discuss:

HTC EVO 4G review -- Engadget

I like Engadget as they focus on things that most other review sites leave out.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    After reading the EVO 4G review, man I want it bad. I just can't justify jumping ship to it though.

First of all, I'm not in a 4G area, and with my Pre I get to keep my $59.99/mo plan plus I have mobile hotspot on my phone, for FREE.

I was worried about going over my 5gb cap though, but when I chatted with a Sprint Rep he told me that I had a unlimited data with no 5gb cap on it. I couldn't believe it. I called the executive customer service line to double check and she confirmed.

I would just be paying a $10 luxury tax a month. I did take off my Total Equipment Protection though since you can buy a Pre for about $100 on ebay which is the replacement cost through the plan. I'll just run my Pre into the ground and see what's available when that time comes around.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawt View Post
    After reading the EVO 4G review, man I want it bad. I just can't justify jumping ship to it though.

First of all, I'm not in a 4G area, and with my Pre I get to keep my $59.99/mo plan plus I have mobile hotspot on my phone, for FREE..
    Same here. The phone looks amazing but the extra fees for things I currently get for free on the Pre make it tough to justify $40 a month ($480/yr)

Quote Originally Posted by hawt View Post
    I would just be paying a $10 luxury tax a month. I did take off my Total Equipment Protection though since you can buy a Pre for about $100 on ebay which is the replacement cost through the plan. I'll just run my Pre into the ground and see what's available when that time comes around.
    A "luxury tax" to have the hottest phone on the market is odd, but we could justify it for the first few months. But imagine how that "luxury tax" feels in January when the EVO is no longer the "IT Phone", you still don't have 4G in your area, you still can't talk and surf, you still are waiting for the Froyo update and the $29 tethering fee still only gets you 3G speeds.

I think that Sprint should follow the model of the Cable Companies (yes, those *******s). As crooked as they are, at least they waited until HD channels were available in my area before giving me that HD Tier fee.
    You guys do know a rooted Android device tethers just fine right?
    nah still runnin on android and it will be out of date in a few months anyway
    Yep, and you'll have to root it to get a timely update to the latest version in another six months.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Why do you keep repeating this lie?

I own several Android phones, including a Sprint HTC Hero, a Samsung Behold II, and a T-Mobile MyTouch 3G. I also owned a T-Mobile G1.

Crashes, freezes and lockups are a daily part of life with Android if you try to use it as a serious business device. It's one reason I tend to end my Android experiments early -- eventually the lag and crashes get so bad, I can't bear it.

Android people don't like to concede the terrible user experience that's part and parcel of Android. They're understandably touchy about it. But attacking the messenger isn't going to make Android usable -- only a massive overhaul will.
    You don't own an EVO so Wheres the lie? I'm genuinely curious as to why you are actively hunting down discussions about products you don't own, just to slam the device and demean the people who use it. In the end, if you convince the 12 people engaging in your pointless arguments to NOT buy Android or Apple, then what? +5 Defense? Free Sub?

I really do think you've got a useful opinion over Android, but each comment you make turns so bitter that nobody takes you serious. I guess It's just weird for a 34yr old to still be this concerned with the individual purchase decisions of strangers.
    Wow, Miller is quite the hater. Reminds me of those I-phone fan boys. This has nothing to do with shooting the messenger, you come across as a harbinger of bad tidings.

After looking at the Engadget review, it only solidified my resolve to get this phone. Hope fully the next Palm devise won't be a great OS trapped inside an insidious wrapping.
    Why do you keep repeating this lie?

I own several Android phones, including a Sprint HTC Hero, a Samsung Behold II, and a T-Mobile MyTouch 3G. I also owned a T-Mobile G1.

Crashes, freezes and lockups are a daily part of life with Android if you try to use it as a serious business device. It's one reason I tend to end my Android experiments early -- eventually the lag and crashes get so bad, I can't bear it.

Android people don't like to concede the terrible user experience that's part and parcel of Android. They're understandably touchy about it. But attacking the messenger isn't going to make Android usable -- only a massive overhaul will.

What were you doing, running too many things at once? In that respect, you MAY have a point. But I've had several things running and things can get slow(the Backflip is not top of the line specs though, like Evo or Incredible), but no daily crashes or lock-ups. And my view on lag is if I get annoyed waiting, then it's too much. So far that's not the case, although I do notice the slowness sometimes.

BTW, speaking of lag, my iPhone lags(yes I got annoyed enough to turn on wifi) a lot when accessing 3G lately. The Backflip has not done this yet.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    My opinion is, it's all personal preference. I've owned my Pre since last October and have not missed the old Instinct a bit. However, there's just not enough support for WebOS. The innovative and clever apps that are available for the Android phones is what is actually driving me to go for the EVO.

Grinding on people for switching from the Pre to the EVO is like critisizing someone for buying an expensive car instead of a more affordable one. The expensive car has more bells and whistles, but is still just a car. Like everyone else, I really hope H/Palm produces a really awesome phone running WebOS. I just don't think it will be anytime soon though. When a company gets bought out, you should expect at least 2 years of delays on anything, even if it was already in production.
    Now don't get me wrong my launch day Pre has been like a Timex with no issues (at least nothing a restart couldn't fix) and its still in like new condition.

I liked the Pre and webos but I also have to admit that the Pre has been relegated to to junk status. The Pre (not webos) is now the laughing stock of the smart phone industry.

Palm has done everything to sell this model T from big ads in NYC, funky commercials to the internet and its still met with a big yawn & zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

There is good news and that is new AT&T Pre owners will fill the void from the mass exodus from Sprint early Pre adopters until they discover what we already know. That is they brought last years junk with more ram, storage, minus a ball with a plus on it.
    Last edited by kinster02; 05/20/2010 at 04:07 PM.
    For everyone that says it's too big, I still want a bigger screen. Playing games or watching vids can sometimes be much improved with a larger screen.

Bottom line, Palm needs to start pushing out devices faster and utilize HP's hardware. Google is smart in that Motorola, HTC, etc all make phones that run the Android OS.
    I want the snapdragon 1ghz processor on webos device....and more RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bradcrandall1 View Post
    I want the snapdragon 1ghz processor on webos device....and more RAM.
    CPU speed won't make a huge difference and the Pre+ plus already has plenty of memory.

I currently overclock my Pre and while it does make things better, it doesn't fix the bugs in WebOS that slow the OS down. New hardware is needed, but I would say WebOS 2.0 is needed more.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    2 weeks ago i was 50/50 now with the announcements im 85/15 to switch. HP/Palm should least give us a taste of something. Late 2010 and 2011 hopefully hp/palm will be there year. We all went against the number one tech rule...we went with a 1st gen device. oh well now we know.
    It's still all about the software, guys.

Awesome hardware with crap software (HTC Incredible, HTC EVO) < OK hardware with awesome software (Pre)
    It's still all about the software, guys.

Awesome hardware with crap software (HTC Incredible, HTC EVO) < OK hardware with awesome software (Pre)
    Ok, Android is not crap software and if you think that it is, then you are oblivious or ignoring what it is capable of. If you don't like Android, that is one thing, but it is arguably the most capable mobile OS out there right now.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!