View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 72 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2262676869707172737475767782122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 3633
    I'm gonna have to pass on the EVO, the android market is growing everyday and has some really awesome apps but I can't give up my webOS. I fell in love with it last jan when I first saw it. Plus there is no way I want to carry around a phone that's that big. I'll gladly keep my pre and save my upgrade for the new palm/hp when it comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by aglide View Post
    So does Sprint give you a trade-in discount? Anyone have details on that?
    I'm pretty sure sprint doesn't but I know RadioShack has a buy back program & they're suppose to get the EVO's in too. Prices are always cheaper too.
    So does Sprint give you a trade-in discount? Anyone have details on that?

Yes, they have a recycling which gives you very little. I recommend the shack online pre's are going for $71 to 97 craiglist or ebay.
    Eh, I waited how long with my 755p until the Pre came out? I like WebOS, and I don't have a huge reason to move onto the Evo. I do appreciate having something shiny, new, and up there on the hardware specs, but right now, I'm mostly happy with how my Sprint Pre's doing, and I don't really feel like I want to go test out Android. I'll just play with my friends' Android phones...

Plus, I'm still pretty attached to having a physical keyboard. And I very much like having the slider to put the keyboard away when I want to.

I'd sure like to hear what Palm's got in the pipeline and when, tho...

:-)
    It's like getting a new toy or about to get one. Most palm pre/plus users are gearing up to jump ship for the infamous htc evo 4g. When palm/hp put webos on a new device,most likely the jumpers will be back. Palm pre/plus phones are not easily forgotten... My question is.. WHAT HAPPENS IF THE EVO IS NOT WHAT YOU THOUGHT IT WAS??? Answer- It's obvious isn't it.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I love the Pre and will hold out to see what Palm has in store. Im not eligible for an upgrade till November so if they do release something new hopefully the bugs will be worked out (he he). Im getting older so a bigger screen would be nice but not as big as the EVO's. A card slot would be cool too.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Umm... I think we would expect a good product, considering both HTC and Google have been in the game for a while.

It would be different if this was google's and htc's first phone.

I'm on the fence still. I'm waiting it out on Palm and HP to see if they're focusing more on tablets for a while... Cause I feel like that's what they're doing.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I'm not really impressed with the Evo. The Snapdragon CPU isn't the holy grail people think it is. The GPU that CPU powers is weak and I do mean weak. The iPhone 3GS has a better performing GPU than it. That is very disappointing to me concerning future development.
    Quote Originally Posted by fredox19 View Post
    I'm not a fan boy of any kind, The pre is the best phone till the Evo comes out. I like both OS Andriod and Webos. So if palm/hp come with a better phone then I'll be back simple. I already went threw 5 pre. I'm still waiting for my replacement as we speak should be here tomorrow. I love webos, but HATE! the hardware. I listen to music and podcast a lot and what's keep breaking in my pre is the headphone jack it's the worst.
    Same with me! I'm on my 3rd since July! Sprint = No Pre Plus = Fail! Try Android, give Pre to wifey = Win Win for me!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I just got my 3rd Pre from Sprint about a month ago. This time it was new out of the box and not a refurb. The first one had the touchscreen stop working. The second Oreo'd badly. The current one fell on my carpet from my belt pouch two days ago and started splitting apart. At this point, this third Pre isn't going to last long. On top of that I have been annoyed by the speed of taps on the screen. I have accidentally dialed wrong numbers many times because of the delays (I didn't want to run the 800Mhz hack). The 1 year warranty is almost up in June and don't want to deal with hardware issues after.

Because I figured the hardware wouldn't have lasted, I decided to drop a down payment on an Evo. My wife has a Moto Droid and loves it. Many more apps are available I might play with in the Android Marketplace.

I love the Palm WebOS software. I am particularly bummed that HP ended up having to buy Palm. I hoped to see other devices from Palm in a different form factor than a slider by this time. Since that didn't happen, I am jumping ship.

That said, if HP can release a Slate running WebOS that can compete I might return for that. Next June I may also look back to Palm for a new device. It depends on how well the EVO hold up. I can't imagine it will have worse hardware issues than my Pre.

Then again, as a Zune user, I might be inclined to give whatever Windows Phone 7 device a look that is available on Sprint.

I AM going to keep my Pre in a drawer. If anything goes wrong with the Evo, I can always reactivate.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I just got my 3rd Pre from Sprint about a month ago. This time it was new out of the box and not a refurb. The first one had the touchscreen stop working. The second Oreo'd badly. The current one fell on my carpet from my belt pouch two days ago and started splitting apart. At this point, this third Pre isn't going to last long. On top of that I have been annoyed by the speed of taps on the screen. I have accidentally dialed wrong numbers many times because of the delays (I didn't want to run the 800Mhz hack). The 1 year warranty is almost up in June and don't want to deal with hardware issues after.

Because I figured the hardware wouldn't have lasted, I decided to drop a down payment on an Evo. My wife has a Moto Droid and loves it. Many more apps are available I might play with in the Android Marketplace.

I love the Palm WebOS software. I am particularly bummed that HP ended up having to buy Palm. I hoped to see other devices from Palm in a different form factor than a slider by this time. Since that didn't happen, I am jumping ship.

That said, if HP can release a Slate running WebOS that can compete I might return for that. Next June I may also look back to Palm for a new device. It depends on how well the EVO hold up. I can't imagine it will have worse hardware issues than my Pre.

Then again, as a Zune user, I might be inclined to give whatever Windows Phone 7 device a look that is available on Sprint.

I AM going to keep my Pre in a drawer. If anything goes wrong with the Evo, I can always reactivate.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Android just has a lot more steam behind it at this point. Not to mention having a more robust programming environment. Palm is too late with their PDK, it should have been there on launch. There's so much more they could have done but only having the Mojo SDK available really killed it. I was surprised they restricted developers so much. Ah well, moving on. Been pretty pleased with Android so far development wise.
    I'll take a look at the Evo and if I like it, I'll definitely switch. I like the Pre, it has been my first 'smartphone' even though it took forever to do stuff that my freebie phones did years ago. I'm just really getting frustrated with the hardware which is killing the software. Even OC'd to 800mhz, the phone is so damn sluggish. I've missed calls many times because the phone app wouldn't launch in time. It's my second Pre as well.

I like WebOS and look forward to seeing what HP does with it, especially in the larger form factor. Personally, I don't really see it as an OS, they should just call it what it really is, a slick GUI and wrap it around windows 7 for a tablet device. I would buy that in a heartbeat. A perfect touchscreen interface for a fully featured windows OS.
    i love web os and palm, i have been with palm from like 5 years now. from the treos to the pre. but OMG has htc stepped up the game. anyone else other than me switching to the EVO 4g? sorry pre i love that face that you have a real keyboard. but ill give that up for the specs of the 4g. i love the fact of the 8 mp camera.
    no
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    no
    +1
    I will be jumping ship but I will still keep my pre
    Will miss Web OS deeply, but I need a bigger screen and better batt life.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Evo threads are dumb@precentral
    LOL @ wanting the phone for the 4G which happens to be in very small markets and from what I hear it is not a huge improvement over 3G. And by the time they roll out the 4G to more areas (most likely your unless you live in the very limited market) there will be a new better phone out.