View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

    286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

    222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

    80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

    286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

    18 2.02%
Page 7 of 182 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757107 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 3633
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    it is impressive from what i can see, scrolling looks crisp and the display is large. but it doesn't automatically switch over to 4G if it's in a coverage area? lol, strike one droid.
    They say in the video that the 4G toggle just activates the WiMax radio. When that radio is on, it will search for the fastest signal it can find. They started with 4G turned off, so only the 3G radio was on.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    They say in the video that the 4G toggle just activates the WiMax radio. When that radio is on, it will search for the fastest signal it can find. They started with 4G turned off, so only the 3G radio was on.
    interesting observation.
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    My contract ended like a few months ago and I renewed it and got a Palm Pre and got a HUGE discount for this new phone....is there anyway I can get the HTC EVO 4G with a big discount or will I end up paying like $600?
    Sprint premier customers get to upgrade once a year. Otherwise you are stuck paying $600. You could also get someone else to take your pre, and then start a new contract on the EVO.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  4. #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    +1


    +1
    I did not know that 4g was up in Brooklyn.

    Palm Smart phone of the year over the HTC 4G and Droid.

    And I will say this again -
    What is with this garbage. Palm this, Palm that. Is 25% of this forum made up of trolls?

    Palm has WebOS. The best OS on the market today for a cell phone. They have come out with the first generation of radically different phones in YEARS!. Palm, the OS and the hardware are almost always in the top 2 of any review. And yet there are those out there that ask "is this the end". Stop this cr*p. You are with Palm and WebOS or not. You want to stop the rumors or not.
    GIVE PALM A FREAKING BREAK - TROLLS!

    Don't let the screen door hit you in the -


    No Troll here, soooo sensitive you two are... relax i dont read the forums everyday i didn't see any post on this so please pull your skirt down....

    Yes webOS is a nice os.. I've had the phone since launch day actually I've had 3 pres since launch going on 4 and i love it but the battery life sucks, it always slows down with all its memory issues and starting this week i the volume control is popping up and muting my phone.. whats that about? anyone know???

    anyway it was just a question... and yes 4G is coming to NYC this year...

    Link: Sprint Expands 4G Coverage - Gear News at IGN
    Sprint Expands 4G Coverage
    Company adds Los Angeles and Miami to list of cities getting 4G in 2010.
    by Chris Iaquinta
    March 23, 2010 - Sprint announced today that they are making aggressive plans to bring 4G technology to over 120 million Americans by the end of the year, a move that will include bringing 4G to several additional markets. Sprint has already equipped 27 markets with 4G and earlier this year released a long list of major cities that will be receiving 4G this year including Boston, Denver, Houston, New York and San Francisco.

    Additional markets announced today that Sprint says will have 4G coverage in 2010 are Cincinnati, Cleveland, Los Angeles, Miami, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City and St. Louis. Sprint, who was the first national wireless carrier to launch 4G technology, says that the potential for mobile Internet applications will be virtually limitless when 4G coverage is combined with the company's own line of 4G-powered devices such as the Overdrive Hotspot and USB Modem U301. Sprint also confirmed that several new 4G-enabled products, including data cards and embedded laptops, will make their debut in 2010.
  5. #125  
    I live in a 4G area, so this phone is seriously tempting. I'm almost certainly going to do a 30 day trial. I liked the Hero and it's a toy compared to this beast.

    Curious if it'll be able to do simultaneous voice & data given that voice will be CDMA and data wimax. Those are two separate radios. IMHO it'd be a pretty big fail if it didn't.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  6. #126  
    I'm not feeling the evo not taking advantage of the accelerometer to shift to landscape, they also gave a sorry excuse for it not doing so also.
  7. #127  
    I live in philly so I have 4g so I'm really considering this just like how smooth the os is the huge screen..mabye surf the web a nd tak on the phone and the resolution. Camera is awsome too can shoot hd vids, expandble mem, double the ram, faster cpu, and it's google they they have to update there phones so much because there os is fine web os is doing alot of updates because there product wasn't fineshd. Last but not least it was built by htc and there phones are solid unlike palms recently.
  8. jephdood's Avatar
    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #128  
    Battery seems very small for 4G and that size screen. I understand that manufacturers want to keep these things slim, but dang.. bring the juice!
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    I'm not feeling the evo not taking advantage of the accelerometer to shift to landscape, they also gave a sorry excuse for it not doing so also.
    Yes, it should have been more responsive, but the masses will make their call when it is released.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  10. #130  
    What I want to know is, with the Pre,if you don't have a 3G signal, your battery starts discharging quickly, what happens if you don't have a 4G coverage where you live, will this be the same effect? Or will it have some type of switch/mode where you can choose to be in 3G or 4G? I'm really considering getting this phone & if it's all that it's cracked up to be, I want to make sure I don't go into it and end up getting something that maybe worst of then sticking with the Pre. Not saying the Pre is bad, but this phone by the specifications, looks better then the Pre already. Idk. Hopefully someone can answer my question.
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Yes, it should have been more responsive, but the masses will make their call when it is released.
    correct.
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I live in a 4G area, so this phone is seriously tempting. I'm almost certainly going to do a 30 day trial. I liked the Hero and it's a toy compared to this beast.

    Curious if it'll be able to do simultaneous voice & data given that voice will be CDMA and data wimax. Those are two separate radios. IMHO it'd be a pretty big fail if it didn't.
    From what I have read, the technology is capable, but they haven't worked out all of the kinks to get it working at the time of the announcement. However, it is supposed to be there in the final release.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    What I want to know is, with the Pre,if you don't have a 3G signal, your battery starts discharging quickly, what happens if you don't have a 4G coverage where you live, will this be the same effect? Or will it have some type of switch/mode where you can choose to be in 3G or 4G? I'm really considering getting this phone & if it's all that it's cracked up to be, I want to make sure I don't go into it and end up getting something that maybe worst of then sticking with the Pre. Not saying the Pre is bad, but this phone by the specifications, looks better then the Pre already. Idk. Hopefully someone can answer my question.
    The slashgear video ( ) shows that you can toggle the 4G radio on and off and the 3G radio will pick up the signal. If the 4G radio is on the phone will search for the fastest signal it can find, whether that is 3G or 4G.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Yes, it should have been more responsive, but the masses will make their call when it is released.
    hahaha lol i think i just found you on polldaddy, are you pants in their
  15. #135  
    Yup

    And stop stalking me.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    The slashgear video ([url= - HTC Evo 4G from Sprint hands on[/url]) shows that you can toggle the 4G radio on and off and the 3G radio will pick up the signal. If the 4G radio is on the phone will search for the fastest signal it can find, whether that is 3G or 4G.
    Thanks!! I think I will be switching to this since I'm a S|P Customer, I, of course, will keep my Pre in case I ever feel the need to go back to Palm. I love webOS but I'm always interested in something new. Plus Android has been around a little long and has a little bit more stability then webOS seeing as how we still have problems with our OS versions. Haha. No diss on Palm, they've been great.
  17. #137  
    Nope. This phone is impressive, to be sure, but it's still Android... Over the past 6 months I've gone from being a fan of Android to being bored by it (Sense UI helps but not enough). If my next phone isn't a webOS phone (for some reason) then it's going to be a WinPho7.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
  18. #138  
    Anybody have any good guess when the Evo may come out? I'll most likely stick with Palm, but I'm curious as to when it might be out.
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Anybody have any good guess when the Evo may come out? I'll most likely stick with Palm, but I'm curious as to when it might be out.
    they say summer around june.
  20. #140  


    thank you mytether

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions