View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 66 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    4G no, 3G yes... it's actually an FCC regulation. Look it up.
    Actually, the burden of proof is on you. The guys over at Android Central reported on it already and they were at the announcement in NY.

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-do...evo-4g-pricing
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    You know what they say about men with big phones...
    I'm a current Pre owner and my Pre is in like new condition and I've had it since launch day without issue. I've been monitoring Pre and Android central and in my observation there are more people getting rid of Pre's then any other device for the Evo. I happen to like that big screen on the Evo, I didn't think I would like a big phone but it's like having a mini tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by chezbi View Post
    They have big screens?

Big pockets?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    They have big screens?
    Good answer.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 05/17/2010 at 09:38 PM.
    Good answer.
    Thanks. I edited my typo in your post so I don't look stupid.

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Lol i'm like way to spell they. But anyways off topic mi padre is getting an EVO. looks great. can't wait to have one in the house. i wanna see your vid OP
    JEEZ! you guys have no patience at all. If you were w/ verizon or Att you wouldnt be getting your phones upgraded every year! We have become a community w/ a Veruca Salt mentality. I WANT IT NOW!

Just wait a few months and you will be happy.....Oh wait no you wont! something else will catch your eye and youll be back complaining that Palm is not working fast enough for you.

GIVE IT TO ME NOW! LOL
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

They hide in bathrooms to avoid Mr Belding?
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    Yes. Of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I wanna try one.. I still don't know if i'd like a 4.3 inch screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Actually, the burden of proof is on you. The guys over at Android Central reported on it already and they were at the announcement in NY.

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-do...evo-4g-pricing
    I know what it says, but I'm also fully aware of the regulations I listed above not to mention I've called Sprint twice about this for confirmation before I cancelled my data card (which was grandfathered in as an uncapped account).
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    JEEZ! you guys have no patience at all. If you were w/ verizon or Att you wouldnt be getting your phones upgraded every year! We have become a community w/ a Veruca Salt mentality. I WANT IT NOW!

Just wait a few months and you will be happy.....Oh wait no you wont! something else will catch your eye and youll be back complaining that Palm is not working fast enough for you.

GIVE IT TO ME NOW! LOL
    You say this with such confidence, as if you know for a fact that Palm is indeed releasing new hardware soon.

And anxiously awaiting the video! :-D
    Last edited by barkerja; 05/18/2010 at 12:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    what magical things might we see in this "video"?

Well, this is the way I look at it, as a premier customer Sprint allows you to trade yearly, so I will take advantage of the that. I love my Pre and webos but i'm not in love with it besides the longer I wait the longer to my next phone and I better trade now while its worth something. I always use the money from my phone sale to pay for most of the new phone. I want to buy my phones in June that seems like when Sprint brings out its premier phones. The market will soon be flooded with used Pre"s and i'll be lucky if I can give it away. I checked ebay the bids are very low to 0 and why bid when you can get a new one for $30,$40 with contract or they are giving them away. Lets face it the Pre is a nice phone but its a year old platform (old news), sorry!
    Last edited by kinster02; 05/18/2010 at 12:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katharine View Post
    Thank you for recording a video; I look forward to seeing it.

Laugh if you like, but I'm genuinely feeling kind of bad about my whole smartphone situation.

I've been following the Pre since it won Best of CES 2009. I've read these forums, read every post on PreCentral, and I've had Palm devices for over 10 years now. I got the first one, a Palm III, to organize my wedding. Had a Zaurus before that. I've been a Palm loyalist for a long, long time.

Due to timing with being locked into a Verizon contract and waiting patiently for it to expire, it's just never worked out that I could move to Sprint *and* get the new customer discount on a Palm Pre Plus.

It's been almost a year since the Pre's release, and we have no announcement of a new phone. My LG dumbphone is 4 years old at this point, and the OK button is starting to die. My husband has been really patient about delaying his smartphone purchase so we could be on a family plan together.

It's simply time to buy, and Palm doesn't have an up-to-date device on Sprint, the carrier to which I want to move, right now.

So, sadly, even though I want to support them, I also want a current phone. Barring a really bad keyboard, it's probably going to be the Evo.

I actually feel a bit guilty and disloyal about this -- I want to see Palm succeed. I believe webOS is a great platform. But they don't have anything fresh out at the moment. I've waited a year, and can't wait any longer, as my current hardware is starting to fail.

Maybe they'll have something new out when it comes time for me to upgrade from whatever I buy in June.
    why dont you just buy a pre off craigslist and then buy the ew palm phone on sprint when ot comes out
    [FONT="Garamond"]Dam1 J1sFONT]
    From sprint.com:
    Mobile Broadband Connection Plan 3G/4G

* Unlimited 4G usage. Download mammoth files, watch streaming videos and video conferencing without the lag. More coverage locations coming soon!
    * Peak download speeds of over 10 Mbps and average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps.
    * 3G coverage nationwide: 5GB/mo. in total or 300 MB/mo. while off-network roaming. Additional monthly usage over 5GB costs 5/MB. You may not use more than 300 MB/mo. while off-network roaming. You can check your usage online anytime. Log into www.sprint.com/mysprint and click on usage details.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    From sprint.com

Mobile Broadband Connection Plan 3G/4G

* Unlimited 4G usage. Download mammoth files, watch streaming videos and video conferencing without the lag. More coverage locations coming soon!
    * Peak download speeds of over 10 Mbps and average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps.
    * 3G coverage nationwide: 5GB/mo. in total or 300 MB/mo. while off-network roaming. Additional monthly usage over 5GB costs 5/MB. You may not use more than 300 MB/mo. while off-network roaming. You can check your usage online anytime. Log into www.sprint.com/mysprint and click on usage details.:
    I don't think this applies to cell phones, even with a wifi hot spot.