View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 65 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 3633
    I Love How All Of You are Know-It -All's...LOL .......You Guy THINK You Know Everything...What Color Shorts Do I Have On???? Wrong.....
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Wrong. There is a 5GB cap on 3G, no cap on 4G.
    Only for tethered devices/broadband cards, NOT for 3g data for the phone.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    This thread is a mess. Would've been better to lock the threads and link to this one versus merging all the threads...
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    If I had to choose between a compass or a touchstone back cover, it's a no brainer, I'll choose the touchstone every time. The only time I ever use the cable thingy is when I use webOSQI.
    As a owner of the touchstone i agree.

But there is an Evo charging dock as well...maybe not as "neat" as the touchstone, it does the same thing.
    I feel like people group Android and Sense UI a bit TOO much. The new Sense really does feel almost like a new OS vs. stock android.

If the Evo was stock android, i would not be switching personally. Also...a lot of people say the User experience on the Pre is better than android.

Debatable. Android UI is loads faster and you don't have "too many cards" error with one card open. I much prefer a lot of WebOS's metaphors...but the user experience needs to be more consistent at this point. I simply don't have an interest in beta testing the OS again....so if their next phone is ready for consumption when they launch it....i'll take another look but they NEED to get WebOS down. Why is a 3rd party OS on many different hardware configurations seem more solid than a custom OS on the same hardware?
    I'll add, i honestly thought the Pre was the best phone on sprint for my needs and it still is...until June 6th.

But thats expected with technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    I Love How All Of You are Know-It -All's...LOL .......You Guy THINK You Know Everything...What Color Shorts Do I Have On???? Wrong.....
    That's why the HTC Hero is branded "with Google" on the back. Some Android phones aren't branded "with Google" meaning they aren't certified for protected apps in the market. Just one example, there are other things that apply as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    mmm, still wait and see, wait to see Pre+, wait to see the EVO 4G review, and wait and see how it fairs in real world.
    We already know what the review will look like (unless some how HTC forgot how to make phones).

Just read any incredible review and tack on a few more positives with maybe a negative for Size or lack of AMOLED.
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    EVO is not a Google phone, it's phone with the Android OS plus with enhancements (HTC).

A Google phone is a phone with just the Android OS (w/o any enhancements).
    All android phones have enhancements in one form or another. So are you saying there no such thing as a Google phone ... Except the Nexus? Welcome to your world - population: You.
    Why are you trying to downplay the device as the only good thing is the camera. Most amazed with the hardware of the product which does far more that just take pics. I am a proud Webos user but Palm has failed miserably at defining the smartphone market and thinking ahead of the competition. This may just be opinion but this Pre has horrible and shabby build quality and the CEO of Palm himself has pointed this out. In order to gain the traction Palm needs the strategy needs to be BEAT the others and not just "Match"!! In this competetive market the victor goes to the spoils meaning that the new product should have a 10mp camera and a 1100mhz processor. It must be able to record HD video and have an equivalent screen size. As we can see the market is dominated by cool and new and not just software. Palm must set the new trend and standard in cell phones.
    I'd be interested in the EVO's battery life. Size is a distant consideration after battery life - the Pre taught me that.
    hahah....android battery life in previous phones have been closer to the iPhone battery life vs. the Pre.

Of course it depends how you use your phone as a lot of android widgets are always streaming and that would kill your battery.
    Hey why can't we all just agree.

If you want the fastest and biggest thing around, EVO is the way to go

If you want a Good phone, Good Price, Good Size, Good phone all around, You either pick the Pre/Plus or the Iphone, Simple as that.

The Evo is like a desktop computer, It's big so it can fit more things inside.
    The Pre is like a Laptop, compact and amazing what they can fit inside it.
    Hey why can't we all just agree.

If you want the fastest and biggest thing around, EVO is the way to go

If you want a Good phone, Good Price, Good Size, Good phone all around, You either pick the Pre/Plus or the Iphone, Simple as that.

The Evo is like a desktop computer, It's big so it can fit more things inside.
    The Pre is like a Laptop, compact and amazing what they can fit inside it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kunedogg View Post
    I played with the EVO tonight. I did take a video. Ill upload it later tonight or tomorrow when i get home.
    Thank you for recording a video; I look forward to seeing it.

Laugh if you like, but I'm genuinely feeling kind of bad about my whole smartphone situation.

I've been following the Pre since it won Best of CES 2009. I've read these forums, read every post on PreCentral, and I've had Palm devices for over 10 years now. I got the first one, a Palm III, to organize my wedding. Had a Zaurus before that. I've been a Palm loyalist for a long, long time.

Due to timing with being locked into a Verizon contract and waiting patiently for it to expire, it's just never worked out that I could move to Sprint *and* get the new customer discount on a Palm Pre Plus.

It's been almost a year since the Pre's release, and we have no announcement of a new phone. My LG dumbphone is 4 years old at this point, and the OK button is starting to die. My husband has been really patient about delaying his smartphone purchase so we could be on a family plan together.

It's simply time to buy, and Palm doesn't have an up-to-date device on Sprint, the carrier to which I want to move, right now.

So, sadly, even though I want to support them, I also want a current phone. Barring a really bad keyboard, it's probably going to be the Evo.

I actually feel a bit guilty and disloyal about this -- I want to see Palm succeed. I believe webOS is a great platform. But they don't have anything fresh out at the moment. I've waited a year, and can't wait any longer, as my current hardware is starting to fail.

Maybe they'll have something new out when it comes time for me to upgrade from whatever I buy in June.
    what will Best Buy do for us when the next generation pre comes out? That is my question.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    im going with the evo but keeping my pre just in case lol... i bought too much stuff on it
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Wrong. There is a 5GB cap on 3G, no cap on 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Only for tethered devices/broadband cards, NOT for 3g data for the phone.
    What he said.

If you pay for tethering on the EVO (or future Pre), no cap on 3g or 4g.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Cool cant wait to see the video. i wanna see it hands on in a uncontrolled environment...but i must say i love WebOs to death
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    What he said.

If you pay for tethering on the EVO (or future Pre), no cap on 3g or 4g.
    4G no, 3G yes... it's actually an FCC regulation. Look it up.