View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 63 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 3633
    By the way, this works for a ton of other items as well... not just phones. My friend traded in his PS3 for credit as well.

The site is http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/calculators.cfm

Example - Good condition PS3 is 155 dollar gift card.

Granted, selling them online through other resources will net you a better dollar amount.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post

Take the Evo for example, if it wasn't sporting Android with the plethora of applications that are available on Android, no one would be raving about it. There are a lot of other phones in existence that have great hardware but they run a no name OS that no one cares about.
    Most of the hype I've read & heard is about the HW, not Android or the apps. Ask how many here would stay with WebOS if the new Palm device had it's hw made by HTC with similar specs to the Evo. Android is a step backwards IMO. Most are jumping ship because of the hw specs of the Evo.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    At this point, I can't make the switch unless I stomach the extra cost. Apparently, sprint decided to make another line on my account the premiere line instead of my line.
    So, I'm having a hard time with deciding to leave my Palm Pre and go with the EVO.

I've played with Android, and I will say this. I'm purely thinking of the EVO solely because of the hardware and the fact I have 4G in my area.

I'm not a HUGE fan of Android like I am with WebOS. So can anyone give their 2 cents on this issue.

It would be better if it was EVO with WebOS. Then there would be no debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhizx View Post
    So, I'm having a hard time with deciding to leave my Palm Pre and go with the EVO.

I've played with Android, and I will say this. I'm purely thinking of the EVO solely because of the hardware and the fact I have 4G in my area.

I'm not a HUGE fan of Android like I am with WebOS. So can anyone give their 2 cents on this issue.

Go away.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xwhizx View Post

+1
    I went from pre to android to pre. Android is junk doesn't matter ehat phone
    im having the same problem I LOVE WEBOS plus i have all the tricks down pack thats y im just gonna add a line to my family plan for the evo i like the evo n i will have it but I KNOW palm will come out with something later and WEBOS is superior so ill keep a line for my pre or my future webos device in the mean time I'll have the evo just bcause WEBOS IS BETTER!!!!
    I say wait, just because the hardware is god like doesn't mean you will love it, check out some reviews and def hold off until you can have some hands on time with one.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    What's this EVO everyone is talking about?
    You will be posting a thread on AndroidCentral in a wee bit called, "Should I stay with the EVO or get the Pre2?"
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

If you are considering it and are eligible for an upgrade, how bout use the 30-days and see if it is for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by organix View Post
    At this point, I can't make the switch unless I stomach the extra cost. Apparently, sprint decided to make another line on my account the premiere line instead of my line.
    Then just go to best buy or radio shack and use the upgrade on your other line, and then they can swap the new phone to your line on the spot.

The reason I say Best Buy or Radio shack is they have instant rebates and if you do this directly with Sprint, who you'll have to mail in for the rebate, doing this invalidates the rebate.
    I am grabbing the Evo ......but if Palm(HP) comes out with similar specs i will probably buy at full retail to help support palm(HP) and i will definitely be grabbing any type of slate with webOS on.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Then just go to best buy or radio shack and use the upgrade on your other line, and then they can swap the new phone to your line on the spot.

The reason I say Best Buy or Radio shack is they have instant rebates and if you do this directly with Sprint, who you'll have to mail in for the rebate, doing this invalidates the rebate.
    Then I would be stealing someone else's rebate. I have considered this, but I'll have to see if my other lines intend to upgrade soon.
    The sooner Palm announces a new device for Sprint, the better off they'll be. They can ill afford to put it off even a day.
    The Saint
    Windows Mobile 6.5 + (2 X 1 Upgrade) + Sense UI + Fragmentation + Becoming Obsolete and Old News in 3-4 months = Android Beta on EVO 4G

If you can afford it, get one as something to play around with until the Pre with 4G or iPhone 4G comes out, that's what I would do. I'd still keep the Pre for backup.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    You will be posting a thread on AndroidCentral in a wee bit called, "Should I stay with the EVO or get the Pre2?"
    Lol.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    4G will cost you $10.00 plus $30.00 for hotspot. Sprint's pricing is making me less interested in a first gen 4G phone.

BLiip
    we didn't have enuf threads on this sheet already?