View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 60 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 3633
    they will find something to regret some people are never happy with anything. Like the extra $10 you will be charged for the use of the evo.. The real question is when is palm gonna drop something
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Yes some people will regret and then again some won't.

I doubt it will have similar specs to the evo. Snapdragon is (IMO) the main problem for gaming, palm won't back track. Updated omap3 or omap4 more likely. Prolly won't have a giant screen, perhaps no 4G(not a deal breaker for me). What else.......
    Even if they have the same specs it's going to take Palm some time to have the apps. Now, I don't need 50,000 apps that Android has, but I can think of two that I absolutely want/need and Android has them and Palm doesn't.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    If they come out with specs similar or the same as the EVO then I'll just shell out more money and get that if it's worthwhile.
    If the new Palm is equal or better then 38% would just pay full price and come back. 24% will in 1 year the rest are gone. But if HP markets the phone right which they just might being the powerhouse they are, there will be a 64% gain in 4 mos in total Palm owners.

IMO..... that my prediction in writing.
    Mark my word. My predictions in the past are almost spot on.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Personally, I think that Palm Pre "could have been a contender" if they didn't ***** their phone out to every Tom, **** and Harry (i.e. AT&T and Verizon) They got too greedy and came back to biting them in the ****! I know that iPhone was exclusive to AT&T (or AT&T would be bankrupt by now) Palm should have stayed "loyal" to Sprint to rival other phones! Now the consumer, like myself is turning to the EVO in hope to have some level of exclusivity until Sprint ***** this phone phone out as well! Holla if you hear me!
    Sticking with WebOS. Cya Evo folks when the next Webos comes out :P
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    True. If you MUST have both Time Warner and Comcast cable, and require viewing ESPN scores through a mobile app "wrapper" rather than the mobile site (which works fine on the Pre), you'll have to go somewhere else. I prefer apps living in the cloud for such mundane activities -- I find the Engadget and Newsweek apps, for instance, to be completely redundant and a waste of time. Just give me a properly formatted mobile site.

A great deal of the EVO hype is "mine is bigger than yours." It reminds me of the arguments between 1990s PC and Mac users. The PC guy went on about how much faster his PC was, how it had 66 MHz compared to the Mac's 16 MHz, how it had three times the storage and twice the RAM and DOS ran more apps. Then the Mac guy handed him a document laid out in Quark and said "you were saying?"

EVO people will be posting HD videos of themselves lighting their own farts on Facebook in HD, while checking out the latest video clips from collegehumor.com. And that's important to them. But I'd like a phone with decent Exchange integration, a useable OS, and contact integration. That means I'll be sticking with webOS and passing on the fart-lighting HD video revolution!
    Usable OS is subjective, but Android (especially Sense enabled devices) does contact integration with Facebook, Google, and Twitter. Also has great exchange integration. Just sayin' ..
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Palm/HP will announce a device before the release of EVIL 4G...sorry EVO 4G..better?
    Source: native American wishcatcher Mary Jane
    see comment #27
    http://forums.precentral.net/2423931-post27.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...ml#post2423931
    I don't know appears that both these links are broken..... Pre|central can you fix this bug.. tks
    Last edited by double1; 05/17/2010 at 05:47 AM.
    Yea i think many of them will regret it. I think the only real thing going for the evo is the 4.3in display. Which i admit is pretty nice but other than thats its the same clunky os.
    should Palm make an announcement of the next WebOs device the day before of the EvO? this will prevent people from jumping ship and hold!
    Im gonna miss coming to this board and being a part of this community as it has been one of the best experiences for me with regard to a phone and all the customization that went into the pre. It has been great and the Pre to me is still one of the top phones ive ever had,,,if not the best ive had...at least until the 4th of June. Just wanted to say thanks to anyone that either helped me find a way to turn the pre into a hotspot...or overclock...or whatever the case may be. Who knows...if i don't like my new phone i just may be back but for now this is peace.

Quote Originally Posted by dmac250 View Post
    Im gonna miss coming to this board and being a part of this community as it has been one of the best experiences for me with regard to a phone and all the customization that went into the pre. It has been great and the Pre to me is still one of the top phones ive ever had,,,if not the best ive had...at least until the 4th of June. Just wanted to say thanks to anyone that either helped me find a way to turn the pre into a hotspot...or overclock...or whatever the case may be. Who knows...if i don't like my new phone i just may be back but for now this is peace.

going to the evo?

so..... whats the battery life on that thing?
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    No one cares. And this should be added to the goodbye thread.
    Before you get flamed, I am going to close your thread. Thanks for being a great member and you are welcome back when the Pre 2 comes out.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Yeah I Really Think They Should.
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    should Palm make an announcement of the next WebOs device the day before of the EvO? this will prevent people from jumping ship and hold!
    they really should if they don't want to see people waste their upgrade on the EVO. unless of course the next Palm phone is so nice, that it will not only be attractive to Pre and Pixi owners, but also to the many out there who have no idea what webOS is.
    If the Evo ends up with hardware troubles, then yes.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I dont think I'll have regrets based on the next webos device that comes out. I can always look at getting whatever it is next year. Out of 12 years of owning cell phones, my pre was the first phone that had to be replaced (and was actually replaced 3 times) all for hardware issues. So with my experience I won't immediately jump on the next Palm device. I will miss aspects of WebOS however.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    add another who is switching to Evo, I feel bad for palm since the pre was a great attempt, but the hardware held the great software back