View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 6 of 182 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    I do love my Pre when it works well, which is most of the time, but if Palm doesn't announce something to rival this I'll be gone. I have no loyalty to any company, simply to the best product. Let capitalism decide who wins.
    Im not crazy about shelling out more than a few hundred for a phone though.
    I originally was going to get HTC TP2 but its still $350 after discount.
    I bet the Supersonic is at least $400 after discount.
    As for one handed use the Pre is just ok.
    The Treos were easier one handed.
    It is a plus as Im often typing while walking.
    But I would trade one handed operation for the bigger screen and much faster web browsing.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    As for one handed use the Pre is just ok.
    The Treos were easier one handed.
    It is a plus as Im often typing while walking.
    But I would trade one handed operation for the bigger screen and much faster web browsing.
    if it had webOS then i would get it in a heartbeat...i hope palm comes out with something alike or better!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Meh. I've got 9 months to go until my next upgrade contract, and I'm not about to go ditching a phone that works well for me for the latest and greatest. Kickstands don't impress me, sorry. I've played with the SenseUI thingy, and yeah, it's neat, but things overlap wierdly, it just looks cluttered. The giant old-school flip clock doodad is huge, and the phones I've tried it on aren't any more responsive than the Pre. Granted, this one has a faster processor, so it'll probably respond better, but I've got a nice lappie if I need all that speed. That, and it's just too darn big. People used to laugh at the original Motorola portable "brick", seems to me that we're all heading back to that ginormous size that really doesn't add a whole lot. I'd also be paying full retail..........sorry, no. Way too much money for a half-second increase in speed.

Count me out, maybe in a year when it goes on sale in time for the next HTC wunderkind to come out.........if, and only if, Palm doesn't have something new to compete.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Of course it's possible, I could type with my toes if I really wanted to, but typing one-handed with a physical keyboard is not nearly as easy as on a touchscreen.
    Well, as someone who only has fine motor use of one hand, I totally disagree. Physical keyboards are much easier for me.

I think it's really a personal preference thing and not a black and white choice.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Well I for one will be at the Sprint store on release date but not to replace my Pre. Luckily I have 2 upgrades coming in June & I'll be using 1 on the Evo to replace my Hero. I'm gonna hold out & see if we get a better WebOS phone or WinMo7, whichever comes first. I have been drooling ever since I first saw the HD2. This is like the HD2's sexy younger sister, but I'm still convinced that even after all of Palm's F.U.'s, WebOS is still pound for pound the best mobile OS on the market. (This coming from the biggest Palm critic)
    Last edited by klbjr; 03/23/2010 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Add more
    Here's a hands on look for you ship jumpers.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    This may sound a bit silly but the lack of Touchstone charging is close to a dealbreaker for me. I have 3 of these things and have gotten to absolutely love wireless charging.

I use my Pre at work to stream music over bluetooth while sitting on a Touchstone. If I get a text, email or need to get PC update, I just pick up the phone without interrupting anything. It really is a thing of beauty.

I also have a TS mounted in my truck right at radio height. When I get in, I simply plop it on the charger. If I get a call, I can tap to answer on speaker or just take it off the stone to answer. Love it.

In all, I feel the TS is very underrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsei View Post
    This may a bit silly but the lack of Touchstone charging is close to a dealbreaker for me. I have 3 of these things and have gotten to absolutely love wireless charging.

I use my Pre at work to stream music over bluetooth while sitting on a Touchstone. If I get a text, email or need to get PC update, I just pick up the phone without interrupting anything. It really is a thing of beauty.

I also have a TS mounted in my truck right at radio height. When I get in, I simply plop it on the charger. If I get a call, I can tap to answer on speaker or just take it off the stone to answer. Love it.

In all, I feel the TS is very underrated.
    I feel your pain. If I end up switching, I will definitely miss the touchstone.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Incredible
    it is impressive from what i can see, scrolling looks crisp and the display is large. but it doesn't automatically switch over to 4G if it's in a coverage area? lol, strike one droid.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I will not be switching to anything until the end of the year.... want to see what windows phone 7 will bring to sprint but this evo looks awfully enticing. Palm better have some new hardware out quickly because they are already second fiddle on verizon and at&t and could soon be second fiddle on sprint. If that happens with no new hardware palm is as good as done.

I am going to wait until the end of the year and make a choice.... updated palm device, evo or wp7 device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    it is impressive from what i can see, scrolling looks crisp and the display is large. but it doesn't automatically switch over to 4G if it's in a coverage area? lol, strike one droid.
    I'm sure it automatically switches, the demo'er was probably just forcing it into 3G to show comparison between 4G/3G.
    I'm sure it automatically switches, the demo'er was probably just forcing it into 3G to show comparison between 4G/3G.
    he didn't end up showing 4G speeds though. maybe there's a part 2 floating around somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by jagowar View Post
    I will not be switching to anything until the end of the year.... want to see what windows phone 7 will bring to sprint but this evo looks awfully enticing. Palm better have some new hardware out quickly because they are already second fiddle on verizon and at&t and could soon be second fiddle on sprint. If that happens with no new hardware palm is as good as done.

I am going to wait until the end of the year and make a choice.... updated palm device, evo or wp7 device.
    The Evo is going to be Sprint's new flagship device, that puts the Pre/Pixi as second fiddle. I bet we see some crazy marketing this summer from Sprint toting the Evo with 4G.
    Im starting to get curious about other phones but I am not ready to give up on Palm just yet. I will probably wait to see what new phone Palm will release before I decide to try something else.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    The Evo is going to be Sprint's new flagship device, that puts the Pre/Pixi as second fiddle. I bet we see some crazy marketing this summer from Sprint toting the Evo with 4G.
    This summer is still a few months away.... there is time for a new webos device to get announced. Not saying its likely to happen but not all hope is lost yet.
    for me 4g doesnt matter bc i live in florida so right now i dont care about 4g even though i cant w8 to get it...my only important feature of a phone is webOS...till palm releases there next gen phone then ill decide...but hardware is the least of my worries imo
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

My contract ended like a few months ago and I renewed it and got a Palm Pre and got a HUGE discount for this new phone....is there anyway I can get the HTC EVO 4G with a big discount or will I end up paying like $600?