View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 59 of 182 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 3633
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I can sum it up, the pre is a good device. BUT its so last year, I'm getting Evo too big deal. I will probably get the pre2 too.
    Same here, i'm looking forward what they have by next yr. If it's good then I'll be back. But the evo is such a beautiful device. If you guys haven't seen the htc hd2 from t mobile, then you have to go see it. That screen is amazing and the snapdragon is a beast. I'll still be around precentral because my wife is going to have my pre and I have to keep here up to date with all the goodies that homebrew comes up with.
    Is it just me, or is Android central cold and depressing? It could just be the colors, but honestly, the place feels devoid of a warm, helpful community. Also I hate how theres a billion different devices. Everytime I try to get myself to go over there and find more out about Android, I just get depressed and end up running back here.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    yea that one thing for sure the community here at precentral is way better and more active then over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by fredox19 View Post
    yea that one thing for sure the community here at precentral is way better and more active then over there.
    Ditto that for sure. I bought a pre just over a month ago and it was this very site that won me over.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Lol. This made me chuckle. The leaked ROMs, and other Sense devices already released with 2.1 is indicative that HTC has had 2.1 finished for quite some time.

Sprint has even publicly stated that 2.1 is ready, they're just trying to figure out the best deployment method.
    Which is another + for webOS. Palm already has a great OS deployment system setup. HTC should set themselves up with an update system for their phones so they update them quicker. Wishful thinking I know...
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    My poor pre (dropped it and kicked it across the pavement) .... and I'm still not sure if I'll be jumping ship the specs are great but the OS is NOT WebOS..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Which is another + for webOS. Palm already has a great OS deployment system setup. HTC should set themselves up with an update system for their phones so they update them quicker. Wishful thinking I know...
    Actually, they can use Google's servers to deploy updates but they haven't been fully tested yet so they're weary of using them at the moment until they've been fully tested.
    I've had the Hero now since October … I'm about to drop my data card with Sprint, replace my Hero with the Evo and then pick up the iPhone 4G as my primary phone and use the Evo as my secondary and tethering device. Win-win.
    Ok, this is going to be my first time upgrading as Sprint Premier customer. Is there anything special? When I upgrade, I don't have to give back my Pre right? Another item, I was wondering about if I buy the Evo, and don't like it, when I return it within 30 days, does my 2 Year contract active from the Pre or from the Evo? I would hope since I returned it, they don't touch my original 2 year contract. I guess thats all for now. I can't wait to have the Evo in my hands and see how it goes.
    I really did webos but my launxh day pre is cracking to death so i'm going to try out the evo for 30 days and if I don't like android, my pre will be waiting. A questions I haven't seen answered.

- what happens to my palm profile, contacts, backups, purchased apps? If I come back in 30 days is it still there? How about a year? (say I do evo for a year and upgrade to a new palm device in 2011?)
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Ok, after reading all of this stuff.. What is the difference between the 2 exactly to the end user.
    Lets consider that most people (sorry) does not know precentral exists and they are opting to a EVO.
    I know it does not support WMA or WMV.. does EVO.. (still looking for supported files)
    The camera is 8m and is auto focus and the Pre is not auto focus (makes alot of closeups nil)

I still want my email as the pre does. Does EVO (I thin it does)
    I want to look at and play attach files with out the need to convert them. If I wanted to look at em, I just carry my laptop.. The purpose of the smart phone is the leave the laptop put away (airport travel)

And HDMI out seem great since most hotels have upgraded there tv's. But does the screen act as another monitor if I wanted?
    Stuff like this I like to know.

Old
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Man that thing is hella big. If you don't mind the size, why not look for a holster for a laptop and wear it on your hip? Jus sayin...
    Should be the same as its predecessors:
    Audio Supported
    Formats Playback: .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma
    Recording: .amr
    Video Supported
    Formats Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv
    Recording: .3gp
    I've had no issues viewing attachments on android.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Nah, it be too big for the laptop, I think the EVO is a tad bit smaller than the notebook or a netbook.
    I own a pre right now, and I get errors like too many cards open when there is just one open. And it is up to date..
    And Flash players, does or will EVO have the flash player.. Still waiting on the pre..
    Old
    My opinion is Palm / HP needs to get something out. The longer they wait the quicker they become irrelevent. This paragraph is a perfect explanation of what I mean. From this article about HP and Web OS. HP Needs to say something before the EVO and Iphone are released. As I said I love WEB OS.

HP buys Palm for bigger piece of smartphone pie

Given the pace of technical evolution among top smartphone competitors like Apple Inc. and Research In Motion Ltd., HP must quickly bring to market follow-ups to Pre and Pixi devices and updates to the webOS operating system, before the market leaves Palm in its dust, said Carmi Levy, an independent technology analyst.

"HP knows it's playing a game of catch up right now and the clock is ticking before everyone goes home and forgets they even exist. It's a tall order," Mr. Levy said.

Read more: HP buys Palm for bigger piece of smartphone pie
    I don't need any other phone except a new and improve palm pre. Moment- evo- iphone- blackberry and whichever else.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    with Sprint 30 day guarantee i will probably open up a new line for an evo 4g just to try it out.
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
  18. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Palm's not going to spoil the AT&T Pre launch by leaking the next device details and specs......yet. However, they'd be foolish not to leak something before the EVO launch to keep all the Sprint early adopters from leaving.

I bet around 4 or 5 days before the EVO actually launches, Palm will leak the specs of the next GOD-PHONE for 'late summer' launch (which will actually be late fall or early 2011).

I'm on the fence and may give the EVO a try..... unless Palm does something to change my mind.
    Do you guys thing the people will regret buying an evo when the next webos phone comes out. Considering it might have similar specs.
    If your a fan of the WEB OS and the specs are the same then you probally would but then again you might absolutley love the Android OS and just leave HP behind. And theres a good chance there is no new web OS phone for another year and you would have your 1 year discount back so you can just go back to the new WEB OS phone. ANd theres no one even guessing the nbext web os phone will have the features of the EVO. might just be an updated PRE for all anyone knows. Hopefully HP will say something on future development but I got a feeling that for atleast this year HP will try to get a tablet out.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 05/16/2010 at 03:07 PM.