View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

    286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

    222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

    80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

    286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

    18 2.02%
Page 57 of 182 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 3633
  1. preryan's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #1121  
    Your opinion. I do find it humorous that you say that without using the phone first.
  2. preryan's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #1122  
    voicestream/verizon?

    Wasn't it voicestream/tmobile? That's what I have had with my wifes phone for many many years.
  3. kabrutus's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #1123  
    I hate to say it but i think i am jumping ship to the Evo. Sorry Palm Pre, i love you but i have to go. Unless you can compete with that type of hardware before it is released. It took us almost a year just to get video recording capabilities.
  4. preryan's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #1124  
    I am perhaps not typical but I used the video recording perhaps once on my 755p and only on my Pre to see if it worked. If I were to complain it would be about not having docs to go.
  5. psabovich's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    #1125  
    already pre ordered mine! june 4th can't come soon enough!
  6. #1126  
    i just don't know i will wait till my 1 year anniversary in 6/16. I i don't here anything from Palm about a new device i will....I don't know
  7. #1127  
    So I read earlier in the thread about getting the Evo 4g as an upgrade, then selling it, and using the money to buy a Pre2 on Ebay (or at Sprint). In all seriousness, what is the likelihood of that being a success? I ask because recently my phone was stolen, and so now I'm stuck with a centro until I upgrade, and I really only want to upgrade to the next Palm device, however, I would not mind using an Evo 4g for a few months over a Centro. In total, my cash limit is about 400$, so 200$ for Evo, and then if I could sell it for atleast 400$, then I'd be able to buy the new Pre2 without a contract for about 600$? I just would like to know, what is the chance of me getting screwed over and stuck with a lame Android device for a year?
  8. #1128  
    Quote Originally Posted by nvmaddog View Post
    I'm not saying video recording is a make or break feature but come on to not have that at launch is absurd.
    I'm not gonna lie, it was a big let down for me, especially because I had come from a dumb phone that barely took blurry pictures, but I got over it. Honestly though, I have made good use of my video recording so far, but I could've lived without it.
  9. preryan's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #1129  
    you would have hated the iphone it's first year.
  10. preryan's Avatar
    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #1130  
    LOL millions would disagree with you. Good luck to you my friend. I'm going to bed.
  11. #1131  
    Quote Originally Posted by nvmaddog View Post
    This is all assuming there will be another palm pre device. Correct me if I am wrong, but is this even set in stone?
    No, but if Palm never releases any new device, then I really wouldn't have an alternative to the Evo anyway, so it wouldn't be that great of a loss. However if Palm does release something, I'd buy it in an instant. I just don't want to be stuck with an Evo 4G and when the Palm Pre2 comes out.
  12. #1132  
    Quote Originally Posted by nvmaddog View Post
    Would have been nice to be stuck with the pre plus, oh wait, I'd have to switch back to Verizon to get the next pre device 8 months after I purchased the original pre
    I really can't see someone calling the Plus "the next pre device". But hey, thats just me. Also, what I was talking about had absolutely nothing to do with Pre plus/blind obsession (or hate) of palm.
  13. #1133  
    Man, this is tough. I love webOS, but I hate the crummy hardware (on my 3rd try with my launch day Pre). My last repair session, I had the HTC Hero loner phone running Android 1.5, and it wasn't terrible...but it was by no means a webOS-type experience. I am hoping beyond hope that Palm at least leaks out a tiny bit of "new device" info before the end of the month. If so, I'll stick around. If not, I will be so tempted to try out the EVO. I just don't want to pick one up and find out about a sweet HP/Palm device slated for a fall release. Surely Palm will announce something before then! Surely! Right?

    No matter what, even if it takes until next summer, I will return if Palm offers webOS on a great piece of hardware!

    ...just so torn right now...
  14. #1134  
    For those of you *****ing about an extra $10 … you can always switch to AT&T (or Verizon) and pay > $100 month for the exact same plan (actually you get less because of Sprint's unlimited mobile-to-any-mobile).
  15. #1135  
    Listen, i love WebOS...i really do...i defended it during the outcry. I love palm and plam's community....but i'm not expecting anything ground breaking from Palm right now...additionally, i don't see flagship Palm device coming out anytime soon on a carrier. My upgrade date is July 31st and i fully expect to be purchasing an Evo on that date.

    I will of course monitor all new phones that come out but even if WebOS was everything i needed in a phone....the hardware ist just dated now.

    But i will miss many of the features of webos over on android land.
  16. #1136  
    Quote Originally Posted by nvmaddog View Post
    If buggy software was the only problem with the pre I'd be sticking around. I'm not going to have a phone that every 3 months literally falls apart in my hands.

    Power button has stopped working on all 5 phones.

    Oreo effect on 3 of them

    phone shut off and restart randomly on all but the latest one.

    These are ridiculous problems to have from a build quality stand point. Multi tasking alone is not enough to overlook such stupid build problems.
    I have had 3-4 Pre's (4th was because sprint gave me a refurb but activated the wrong line on it and as an act of good will gave me a new pre instead)...

    but build quality is annoying. My gf hates her Pre for this reason. Like hates it....shes not a techy or anything like that but when her 5th replacement's powerbutton went she just lost it. She likes WebOS but she hates the Pre.
  17. #1137  
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustoid View Post
    This is what I'm waiting on too. Assuming the EVO is $199 for upgraders, I'd be willing to pay $10 a month more for 4G (since I live in a 4G area), but any more than that and I'd be very hesitant unless the phone was an absolute beast.
    Pricing worked out perfectly for you haha.
  18. #1138  
    I'm one who's never had any real issues with my Pre, and I LOVE webOS. However, the Evo is the new kid on the block, and offers enough improvements that I'm seriously considering it. We'll see....

    The Pre may get passed down to the Mrs., so it's not like we'll abandon it. The biggest thing I'll be watching is Evo plan pricing.
  19. #1139  
    Quote Originally Posted by fredox19 View Post
    isn't this the cross platform forum? and people get mad when we talk about the htc evo, and why we are switching. if you can't take the news of all these guys switching over to another platform and then stay away from this forum. go, LEAVE, NOW
    Don't think I will. After all, I like my Pre and Precentral. If you're switching to the Evo, what are you still doing here? I respect your decision (should it be real), but you're simply a troll that wants to p|ss off people by being a contrarian.

    By the way, I'm getting 7.2mbps on my HSDPA Pre How much is WiMax on your Evo going to do?
  20. akarol's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    #1140  
    Why would I get the EVO over sticking with the Pre? Let's see...

    Maybe it's the Android OS which has tons more apps (and not only the crappy ones currently out for WebOS) and doesn't have an obscure future, or the 1GHz Snapdragon processor, or that beautiful 4.3-inch screen, or the ability to record and output HD videos via an 8MP camera + front-facing camera, or the SD expansion ability (by the way it comes with an 8GB card), or the fact that not only do I get 4G in certain areas, but the 3G service will be bumped up in speed to support, oh, I don't know, video conferencing! If that's not all you get a kickstand to conveniently watch your HD videos and FM radio!

    I love my Palm Pre and I'm sure I'll miss my induction charging and the physical keyboard but you'd have to be crazy not to jump to the EVO if you're with Sprint. It's Sprint's turn to be the king of the hill!

    And for those who are complaining about people bragging about this and blah blah blah, you guys need to let it go and realize that all of this would not be happening had Palm come up with decent hardware (I'm on my 6th Palm Pre and I still have a dead pixel, oreo effect, and it's slooooooow), and an OS that didn't have a future pending (HP bough Palm primarily to use its WebOS platform in the HP Slate line).

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions