View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 56 of 182 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 3633
    Why would anybody switch to the evo from the pre if you are not in a 4g market?
    Quote Originally Posted by starkillers View Post
    Why would anybody switch to the evo from the pre if you are not in a 4g market?
    Why ask why? Many of them don't even know. lol
    Wait a few mos. when HP brings out a new Palm and everyone wants to come back. I can see the threads now. "Who put their deposit down on the new Palm and has to eat the full price for the phone since they got the EVO under contract"?
    >Nothing like having a 4G, pay $10.00 more on contract and not have 4G service.<
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    wow you guy read through 4 pages of EVO talk to say you you don't want it?? Priceless. If the PRE is the best phone why are all you waiting for the next Palm Device? I know its webOS right? I guess your the same as us who can afford the EVO and still have the Pre. Why must you all think 1 is better than the other? Are we in high school? Well good luck waiting and waiting for the Next Palm Device. I'll be able to upgrade when that comes out...lol
    Not saying I wouldn't want to get the EVO, simply saying if you are not in a 4g area why would somebody switch right now? Sure the screen is bigger and the faster processor but if I can't take advantage of 4g what would be the overall big user experience I would get that my pre right now can't do? Maybe I am missing something that the EVO can do?
    honestly? what is wrong with people today, this is ridiculous.
    If you are SUPER NICE and like to help learning devs, click below =)

Thank You
    please go to the evo's forum!!!
    someone call a whambulance for this joker....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Have fun with your new phone. You WILL complain about the EVO too. Please feel free to Troll the forums there as well.
    **** man, some people don't get it. This isn't androidforums.com or evofanboys.com, this is Precentral.net. We are here for our Palm phones, not to hear about people jumping ship. Go post this crap in some other thread.

This is the first time I have gotten ****ed of at some post but only because these are annoying.

Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    **** man, some people don't get it. This isn't androidforums.com or evofanboys.com, this is Precentral.net. We are here for our Palm phones, not to hear about people jumping ship. Go post this crap in some other thread.

This is the first time I have gotten ****ed of at some post but only because these are annoying.

Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings.
    +1
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Every phone has it's pros and cons. I have tried palmos, blackberry, winmo, webos. ALL have good and bad. EVO will be no different.

Have fun and off with you now.
    your excited about the evo, thats fine, you want to talk about it and compare it to the pre, thats also fine, You have chosen a palm fan forum to do that, also fine. You decided to post in a way that might incite some debate from pre fans, as well as the evo fans, again, fine.

But, you both created a new thread, when others that are basically the same exist and then, for some inexplicable reason put it in the wrong subform, what is up with that?
    just try to do it in the right place.

to recap
    1) appropriate places to put this, specifically the cross platform talk
    2) lots of other Evo threads already in existence which are basically the same thing.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by nvmaddog View Post
    Waaaaahhhhh

Don't give me that loyality crap. I've been a loyal Palm user for YEARS and I mean years. There are so many people that are over their crap same as me.

Being a fan boy is a joke.
    You still don't get it....
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Why would anyone leave Webos=Palm=HP?
    There is no better OS. I had winmo 6.1 with PointUI and it was great. Android is like PointUI with winmo under.
    Sanyo>HTC Touch(Winmo 6.1)>Pre & WEBOS forever.................................
    Did I hold you at gun point and make you respond?

If this post received no views it would go straight to the bottom of the list anyway, which I am sure is where it is headed.

This is still America last time I checked.

nope, its a public forum, you posted, i responded, guess youll have to live with it.

on a related note, glad to see the thread moved to the appropriate sub forum.

as to your original post. I might be excited for an evo if

1: the phone wasin't so gosh darn honking huge, its like the size of my n810 tablet, having carried that around in a front pocket for a while, I am not keen on such an unwieldy device. I would like to see a palm pre or just slightly larger size, but take the screen as far to the edges as it can go.

2: didn't cost me 10$ extra a month for a service I cannot use.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Agreed: battery life is one of the cons of the Pre. I think it's amusing that you love a phone that you have yet to own and use. I state again. Every phone/OS has pros and cons. Glad you are enjoying your Friday night. I know you have amused me. Thanks for that.

I forgot to mention that my wife has an Android based phone. It too has some things better than my Pre but also many thngs worse.
    1. Then you should have my Pre, it is doubled in size because I had to purchase a huge battery just to make it through a day of light usage. I'll take a thinner, longer device anyday. 1500 mah stock battery sounds great right about now...

2. I am in a major market, so this isn't as much of a concern but I can see your point about 4g not being widespread.

fair enough, thats why this summer is going to be one of the best times to be in the market for a new smartphone ever. there are more great choices than ever. that to me, is why android sells, not everyone wants a freaking huge phone.

by the way, if your giving your pre away, i totally will give it a good home, but there may be others who could use it better, like a dev, or you could donate it to cellphones for soldiers/different worthy cause.
    There are four lights.
    cant wait
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Her main complaint is that the screen has dead spots. The official response is that she has to hit the home button twice and the screen works again. She has more apps than I do so I'm jealous of that. She has to reboot and or remove the battery sometimes but so do I. She does like how my Pre multi tasks as compared to hers. As I have said each phone has it's good sides and bad. I have a feeling that your evo will be the same.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    understood. I'm on my 3rd but the build quality seems to have improved as I have had this one a long time now. It's not certain that you will have better luck elsewhere. I admit I pull for the underdog. I don't want to do what everyone else does. If I did I would have an iphone or droid. I love the homebrew community and look forward to what is to come.