View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 54 of 182 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    Yes. I have used the 4g service via the overdrive. Constant 6mbit down. Very capable.
    I second this. I've had my Sprint Overdrive for 2 months now and after 30 days, I decided to cancel my Comcast Cable. Best decision ever. Mobile hotspot is addictive. That's all I have to say.
    No hardware problems here.. user error
    I'm preordering mine tomorrow from the shack as well that 20$ credit will come in handy, case, car mount, or hdmi geez
    This thread is stupid, who here cares if you go to EVO on in Pre Forum.
    i plan on getting rid of the dsl also once i get my EVO.
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOhara View Post
    This thread is stupid, who here cares if you go to EVO on in Pre Forum.
    who cares. is in the wrong section? no wait! isn't this the cross-platform chat? if you don't have any input don't post.
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    But aside from the additional $10 you also have to pay $30 for the Hot Spot feature, right?
    If you are just replacing DSL, going with the Clear WiMax home $40 plan would be much cheaper then paying more then $110 with an EVO.
    Sorry but I have 35 Mbps up 35 mbps down. Now way in hell i could ever go back down. But for people who cant get fiber optic in their area thats pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Hey.......

Haven't posted in a while. Dumped the PrPrPr? $in$ $December$ $for$ $a$ $Moment$, $and$ $used$ $the$ $Pr$? $as$ $a$ $tire$ $chock$. $No$ $regrets$ $on$ $that$ $decision$.

Anywho, I will have my Evo on June 4th and will not look back for another PrPrPr? $No$ $way$ $will$ $I$ $have$ $another$ $Palm$ $device$, $let$ $alone$ $WebOS$. $Don$'$t$ $miss$ $it$ $after$ $getting$ $into$ $Android$.

Just sayin'

Got a Moment as a second line on my account, and have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. The Moment was in no way consistent with the negative reviews I read on here. I can't wait for the EVO to come out, only drawback for me is no 4g in my area. Would definitely like to test out full functionality of the phone as soon as possible.
    Webos definitely has a nice user interface, but the hardware issues are truly sad and lack of apps are very limiting.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    I don't follow your logic. The Pre on Sprint has received 10 updates in less time than the Hero on Sprint is taking to receive ONE. The carrier's aren't the problem, it's HTC not seeing much reason (or justification in development cost) in bothering to update a phone when they have new shinny models to sell instead. Hell, by the time HTC updates it to 2.1, Google will be ready with 2.2. You won't see HTC bothering to update a now obsolete model. And since HTC phones are locked into the Sense UI, HTC must provide any of these updates.

The lag in the 1.4.1 deployment to the Verizon Pre is likely due to the difference in hardware, since the Pre Plus has a different keyboard that was causing issues.
    And still doesnt have nearly the functionality of Android 1.6.

Let's talk about where each OS is in terms of functionality, not updates, especially when one OS can't even voice dial, over a year after release.

Many people will bail for the EVO, and IMO they should. When you are dropping 200-500 for a phone and 70+ a month in service fees, you have every right to expect more functionality than Palm has been able to provide.

The fanatical PDF (Palm Defense Force) is starting to wear thin. Fine, you like you choice, good for you. Begging people to stay is pretty lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by brdl04 View Post
    Im just trying to save you some hassle. Not a ****** of any OS, Ive had Android Blackberry and WebOS in the last month looking for the perfect phone.

Do what you want, just dont get caught up on a stupid camera and screen. My 6.2mp DSLR can kick your EVO 8mp camera any day. Dont buy a phone because of a processor or camera

that's cool that your DSLR can take better pics than the EVO( i would hope so) . but to tell you the truth. I've had more dropped calls as a pre owner. I've been with sprint for 8yrs now. so as a phone the pre sucked!
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    I don't follow your logic. The Pre on Sprint has received 10 updates in less time than the Hero on Sprint is taking to receive ONE. The carrier's aren't the problem, it's HTC not seeing much reason (or justification in development cost) in bothering to update a phone when they have new shinny models to sell instead. Hell, by the time HTC updates it to 2.1, Google will be ready with 2.2. You won't see HTC bothering to update a now obsolete model. And since HTC phones are locked into the Sense UI, HTC must provide any of these updates.

The lag in the 1.4.1 deployment to the Verizon Pre is likely due to the difference in hardware, since the Pre Plus has a different keyboard that was causing issues.
    every time palm released an update it broke something or made the phone worst. i rather wait for it to be tested. out of the 300+ patches palm only added 5. webos is missing so many features. if it wasn't for home brew webos would have been done a long time ago.
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    wrong forum!
    I could careless, I'm not switchin, and how bout that for some cross-platform chatter.

Back to my Pre. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    wrong forum!
    Cross-Platform Chat...looks like the right forum to me.
    I was dead set on picking up the Evo when I heard it announced. Just an amazing phone. However, now that HP has bought Palm, I am going to wait a bit to see if Palm can pull a rabbit out of their hat for me. Here's to hoping the pre2/c40/...comes out soon because the prospect of switching from webOS to any other OS is really not very appealing.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    My biggest concern from what I read is the battery. Its a 1500 battery in a device that will eat that up in no time. That the problem with these phones , they get more features and the batterys stay the same. The PRE was bad enough but while I absolutley lov the EVO Specs the battery issues would stop me from getting one. Its like having a suped up car , all the trim and junk, and a 1999 toyota celica engine or the newest PC with a 800 mhz processor, you cant appreciate the features
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    I had originally posted in the Pre forums and I guess it got moved. I don't know how this isn't Pre-related as it is asking Pre users whether they're changing or not, but oh well. I don't mind. Their irritation sums up their sentiment about their phones in my opinion.

I believe that I am a Premier Sprint member and they mentioned something about a $75 (1-year contract) or $150 (2-year contract) rebate. I would most likely do the $75 so I can upgrade every year. Is that right? Would I also be eligible for the $100 mail-in rebate on top of that?
    You know, for all this talk of sprint premier (which i have), AT&T has given me upgrade pricing on the iphone every year. They've recently rolled back my upgrade date to June 21, 2010 (it was supposed to be January 2011).. So again this June, only after 10 months of owning an iphone 3GS, i'm eligible for a new one again.