View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 52 of 182 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by dannydos View Post
    the next palm device on sprint will be the plus. but if it's a 4G you'll have to pay $10 too. it's well worth it. it's a no cap plan and did you see the video chat demo and data and voice at the same time?
    yeah but only if you are in a 4G area which a lot of us aren't in.
    wrong forums. try cross platform chat. not a single thing to do with the pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ltlruss View Post
    Not trying to be mean, but I don't see a "I'm tired of hearing about the EVO in the Pre forum" option...
    Can we open a poll: "who is tired of new threads trolling for reactions to EVO or other upcoming phones"?

Potential answers:

1. This is why PreCentral will be introducing an intelligence test before users can post.

2. I'm still surprised the OP thinks anyone in the Pre forum cares what they think about a non-Pre phone.

3. I don't mind the posts, but could we restrict it to one thread for each phone, plus one more for the more generic "palm is dead/I'm dumping my Pre/the sky is falling" topics?

4. I can't answer now, it will take me another couple of hours to sort through my search to find the actual information I came here for, because the search results are all cluttered with hundreds of silly posts like the OP above.

...geesh
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I'm not interested in the EVO. For one thing, I like the Pre - it does just about everything I want it to do and gets better with each update. Secondly, I like the Pre's form factor. I don't want a bigger phone. I like the way it fits in my hand and I think it is the perfect balance between size and weight. And I guess I'm lucky, but I haven't had a problem with the Pre's build quality. I've had my Pre since Sprint launch day last June and it still is fine. I'd like 4G, but can live without it until there is a 4G Palm phone, as long as it isn't bigger than the Pre. I'd probably get a Pre+ if it came out on Sprint, though.
    ^ Except they're not offering the $20 accessory credit, right? I almost went to BB today but then I saw the RS promotion and decided to give 'em a call. They said the pre-order promo starts tomorrow. It's a lot closer to my house, so I'm gonna be there.
    I for one never had a issue with my Pre since I got it on the launch day and its still running strong no matter what I though at it it keeps ticking. I'm just one of those guys that happen to trade in my phone every year and right now Palm has nothing to offer at this time. I figure I better go ahead and get this phone that way I can sell my Pre while its still worth something because there will be a lot of used Pre's on the market, ebay, craiglist and the shack will be flooded with them. I still love the Pre and webos and hope to return next year because I really don't like Android but I can't resist that screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    I for one never had a issue with my Pre since I got it on the launch day and its still running strong no matter what I though at it it keeps ticking. I'm just one of those guys that happen to trade in my phone every year and right now Palm has nothing to offer at this time. I figure I better go ahead and get this phone that way I can sell my Pre while its still worth something because there will be a lot of used Pre's on the market, ebay, craiglist and the shack will be flooded with them. I still love the Pre and webos and hope to return next year because I really don't like Android but I can't resist that screen.
    Why don't you upgrade, sell the new one, and keep your Pre? Then hang on to the money so you can buy the next webOS phone if it comes out before your upgrade date...
    I will order tomorrow at the shack, it will be my birthday present to myself although three weeks late but its all I want. Sorry Pre but I gotta flee until next year.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I too was the very first in line on June 6th for my pre and cannot wait until June 4th!!! I just hate its on a Friday and have to work. The 6th last year was on a Saturday and I was the very first in line. I am still on my first pre and have done alot with preware and all that, but I am so excited about the evo!! My second phone, for my son is the Moment and he LOVES the android, so I am going to give it a try. Do you think it is safe to preorder at radioshack? I want to get it real bad, but don't want to make a bad choice.
    Would all of you please donate your Pre phones to webosinternals developers on your way out? That will help them to create insanely cool stuff for you while you are in droid-land, and have more amazing stuff waiting for you when you return...

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    ^ Except they're not offering the $20 accessory credit, right? I almost went to BB today but then I saw the RS promotion and decided to give 'em a call. They said the pre-order promo starts tomorrow. It's a lot closer to my house, so I'm gonna be there.
    Correct
    Too bad I found out too late about radio shack
    Once again sorry Pre but I must flee to the Evo 4g. I checked ebay and the Pre is bidding from very low ($12) to $40 avg. Just imagine what it will sell for if you can after the 4 june when the market is flooded, you won't be albe to give it away, maybe here.
    Last edited by kinster02; 05/18/2010 at 06:05 PM.
    i'm selling my pre for the evo just so I can go on an android forum and start a post about how i'm going to sell my evo for a pre.......and yes I will sell the evo to get my pre back.
    If you think that expensive it cost 39.99 for 500 mins and 30.00 for data on tmobile, no text,picture, video mail, no unlimited mobile to mobile, no navagation, no tv, anytime minutes at 9:00 and no 4g. tmobile is suppose to had plan comparable to Sprint and I don't even want to get started on Verizon and At&t.
    its funny that I got my Palm Pre last year, and this year i get my pre-order
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Just getting an early gauge on how many people are parting with their current device and are on 'the list'
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Not impressed. Those are both mobile versions of the sites ESPN and Engadget. They load "wicked fast" on the Palm Pre too!
    Take this crap to an Android forum - we will welcome you back when you get over the hype and realize the phone you are jumping to is not even out yet! Do you always buy any crap that is advertised sight unseen instead of waiting to see if it lives up to the specs? You may find out that it is made of plastic!!! Oh My Oh My!!!!
    Do we really need another thread like this???
    Hey.......

Haven't posted in a while. Dumped the PrPrPr? $in$ $December$ $for$ $a$ $Moment$, $and$ $used$ $the$ $Pr$? $as$ $a$ $tire$ $chock$. $No$ $regrets$ $on$ $that$ $decision$.

Anywho, I will have my Evo on June 4th and will not look back for another PrPrPr? $No$ $way$ $will$ $I$ $have$ $another$ $Palm$ $device$, $let$ $alone$ $WebOS$. $Don$'$t$ $miss$ $it$ $after$ $getting$ $into$ $Android$.

Just sayin'