View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 51 of 182 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3633
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Oh that's right.
    You could probably use 5GB in one day with WiMax.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I was hyped and planned on getting it day one, but I will not pay 10 bucks on top of my bill when I do not even have 4g in my area
    Quote Originally Posted by mclldavidson View Post
    I was hyped and planned on getting it day one, but I will not pay 10 bucks on top of my bill when I do not even have 4g in my area
    true its messed up to have to pay anything, but it is offereing a faster speed, and the option to talk and surf the web (like AT&T). So I dont think 10 extra dollars isnt bad at all imo.
    I won't pay it. I'll have to wait for the next Palm to come out.
    Talk and get online at the same time? Sheesh people are add
    Quote Originally Posted by krispy521 View Post
    what if the next Palm is 4g and has that fee? I bet all of Sprints future smart phones will have this fee
    Quote Originally Posted by mclldavidson View Post
    Does the 10 dollar 4g fee kill the Evo for you?
    Right now, yes. Once 4G service includes most cities and interstates I'd be willing to cough up the extra $10.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Not for me as long as my area has 4G coverage.

$120 a year + evo phone price = fail
    $120 a year + evo phone price = SUCCESS

Option A: Drop insurance on Pre and put money on solid hardware.
    Option B: Get a better job possibly with Sprint Discount.
    Oh c'mon guys, it's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course. It's all ball bearings these days.---Fletch
    Quote Originally Posted by krispy521 View Post
    the next palm device on sprint will be the plus. but if it's a 4G you'll have to pay $10 too. it's well worth it. it's a no cap plan and did you see the video chat demo and data and voice at the same time?
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Honestly, I tried... I really did try, but I can't resist passing up on the HTC Evo. I'm sorry to say this, but I really feel like Android is the way to go now and in the future. It just passed Apple as the 2nd largest market share in the smartphone realm and things are in line for it to become the largest very soon. With that comes more apps, hacks, and support.

Anyways, who's jumping the boat with me? Personally, I don't care if I have to pay the full price for the HTC Evo (I'm obviously selling my Palm Pre to aleviate the damage), but is there a way I can get it for the $199? I figured that I could end my contract early and pay the termination fee of $200 and then reactivate it with the HTC Evo: running me about $399.00 minus what I'd sell the Pre for. Is that even possible? More importantly, would they be able to save my number? I've had this number for over 10 years and I don't want to change it.

Thanks in advance guys...

Moderator Note- This is now the official getting the HTC EVO 4G thread. If you wish to post about your desire to get the HTC EVO on PreCentral.net, please do so here. Point all other thread creators here. Thanks!
    Last edited by pogeypre; 05/14/2010 at 07:36 PM.
    Depending on how far you are from upgrade eligibility, Sprint may give you a discount towards a new phone. You're probably not going to get the full $200, but they may work with you.
    If I read the email from Sprint correctly, it looks like it will cost $199 (after rebate). I would say it is ALMOST worth it to get it before my 12 month new phone discount.....
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    im preordering my evo tonight. only if palm showed us a glimpse of the new pre, i would have stayed cuz webos > android anyday
    I'm really thinking about it. Really thinking about it. I probably will in the end. I'm kind of sentimental cause I do really love my Pre (not to mention I have a new-ish touchstone kit), but with Palm's future so uncertain (yeah, they were bought, but that doesn't mean a Pre 2 will ever appear nor that the current Pre will ever become anything more than what it is) and with Android only growing as time goes by (HTC too), it's hard to pass up. The facts are though, that the Pre has limited apps, and the ones that are available are mostly crap. webOS is a fantastic OS, don't get me wrong, but the EVO is looking mighty appealing at the moment.

As for an upgrade, when is your $150 upgrade due? Since you have a Pre, your bill should be high enough for you to be in the Sprint Premier program and that means you can upgrade to a new phone every year. I got my Pre at launch and my upgrade is June 1st of this year.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Not trying to be mean, but I don't see a "I'm tired of hearing about the EVO in the Pre forum" option...
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    it saddens me to say that i'm considering it very heavily. if only palm would tell us "hey ******* wait til august for the Pre 2: Back to the Future" then i would wait. but since it doesnt seem like any such announcement is coming i think i'm going to bail to android. i just cant take looking at this small screen anymore.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    its relevant enough to stay in this forum. its for ppl who have a PRE and as such in the pre forum.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Just curious, but what exactly do people need 4G speeds for?

As someone who tethers A LOT then I definitely see a benefit to my tethered devices (notebook, iPad) but just for the phone then I don't see my phone being big on bandwidth.