View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 5 of 182 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Definitely switching. I use a Droid Eris at work, so I've gotten over my qualms about not having a physical keyboard.
    Barry Sanders... The best running back. Ever!
    Yes.
    Specs are out there to impress, definitely going to keep this on the radar. Palm better launch something just as amazing, or I might just say bye-bye to my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    If you're so big on one-handed operation then a full touchscreen device is for you. You need two hands to type on the Pre sir.

And your logic is backwards. That's like saying broadband internet in general is pointless. And the reason you don't recognize a difference between 3G and WiFi on the Pre is because WebOS is slow, it's the bottleneck.
    i use one hand to type on my pre like 90% of the time..
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i use one hand to type on my pre like 90% of the time..
    Of course it's possible, I could type with my toes if I really wanted to, but typing one-handed with a physical keyboard is not nearly as easy as on a touchscreen.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Of course it's possible, I could type with my toes if I really wanted to, but typing one-handed with a physical keyboard is not nearly as easy as on a touchscreen.
    thats ur opinion...i hate touchscreen typing...everyone has their own opinions
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Give it 802.11N and a vertical qwerty and maybe I can be persuaded if Palm somehow under-delivers (or sells out).
    No Suckersonic here, ever. No way in hades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhammer View Post
    No Suckersonic here, ever. No way in hades.
    same here but i wanna know why for u
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Nexus One vs. HTC EVO 4G vs. iPhone

I Don't know about you guys but I think im going to have to say goodbye to my Pre (and palm)and move to the HTC EVO 4G... If you havent seen it check out the preview on engadget.. I guess i'll wait to see what palm decides to drop but I'm pretty sure im moving to the HTC EVO. what do you guys think?
    seriously, what makes you think this topic needs another thread?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    This should do wonders for the nexus one failure thats coming to sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by illskill View Post

Nexus One vs. HTC EVO 4G vs. iPhone

I Don't know about you guys but I think im going to have to say goodbye to my Pre (and palm)and move to the HTC EVO 4G... If you havent seen it check out the preview on engadget.. I guess i'll wait to see what palm decides to drop but I'm pretty sure im moving to the HTC EVO. what do you guys think?
    me too....
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I could have typed that on my pre in about 1/3 the time.
    And you've had your phone for months. This was the first time that the person had his hands on the phone. You expect him to be able to master the keyboard in a matter of minutes?

When I used my friends pre for the first time, I was appalled at the keyboard. It's tiny, it doesn't provide much tactile feedback, etc. I kept hitting multiple keys, and making typos. To top it all off, there is no auto-correct.

Every keyboard, whether virtual or physical, requires time to adjust to.
    Enough with these damn threeads already. Seriously, do you think people havent seen the other 23 of them? Your take on it is more groundbreaking then the others? Seriously?
    The hardware of this phone makes me drool. Whether you plan on buying it or not, its hard to deny that it is a sexy device with amazing specs.

What I don't get is why palm won't make a phone with these specs. They would practically be stealing from me with how fast I would buy it.
    That phone looks good!!!!!!!
    now lately i've been considering the Supersonic aka EVO 4g, and i got a few reason why i want this lil bad boy myself.

-8mp camera, this camera records 720p. right before 1.4 we all been crying about video recording and we have the option to get this camera with 720p recording, and display output of HDMI all right out of the box no patches or updates.

-Expandable memory, there were some people in this forums complaining about the lack of expandable memory and this phone can clearly go over the 8GB and 16GB hump, my best bet EVO has expandable memory up to 32GB. this leaves room for some good 720p recording and music along with this.

-Internal Memory and Processor, hey the more the merrier right? Why do we need a patch for 800Mhz on the pre, so it can run smooth and faster. why not get a phone that does 1Ghz right of the back? 512MB or ram, dont know if this is sufficient on android but it is the same amount on the Nexus. lastly 1GB of memory dedicated to Apps and probably other information. Now people are saying try having multiple 3D games on your phone with 1GB of memory. All have to say is i dont want to play any games on my pre nor on the EVO. I have The Sims for my pre and i barely play it, hell the only game i play daily is the Helicopter game, and that free and no 3D. The phone gets hot sometimes(not incredibly hot but you know the poor processor giving its heart out for this one app). Some people said before the pre is not meant for games and not has changed their minds knowing the same game the iphone had is going to webos. What makes it better on the pre i dont know, and i do know it wont be better for ME on the EVO.

-Screen Size, i do like the pre for the portability, but the screen size is sometimes too small. reading some forums online, news articles and other information online is a hassle since im trying to get everything to fit in landscape.

-Sense UI, im do not know a lot about this UI, but i do know it does give a better Media Player than the stock android. also has a built in app, that gathers all my Facebook, twitter and other social networking sites into a single page. Now that is synergy in an app form, sort of.

these or some reasons for me to switch to another phone and give basically one of the best phones this year a try.

A phone comparable that has webos will be great, but i dont think palm will come out with this. But really that would be a perfect phone to me, i cannot have the ease of multitasking on the EVO as i do have with my pre, but in return i do get the hardware and smoothness the EVO can offer that the pre cannot by itself. There are patches and tweaks for the pre, and hey there are patches and tweaks for the android to so i can improve on an already good phone compare to the pre. and i do know its last year phone to this year phone, but the electronic world does not care.
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    I'll call you out for anyone who makes a reasonable criticism is automatically a fan boi.

I like the specs of Evo and am intrigued. But do you value one-handed operation of webOS over Android? How often will you use video conferencing vs one-handed operation of your phone. I don't notice enough difference between EVOD and WiFi for web browsing on Pre to say - OMG, EVDO is too slow with browsing and must have 4G. And indeed, Palm is the master at one-handed operation.

All I'm saying is test the one-handed operation and switching apps before you make the switch. If you don't mind, go for it. WiMAX will eventually have its place on the phone but not for a while. WiMAX is great for competing with landline service within the home, not a phone just yet.
    Agree with you there. The phone would have to have features that make it worthwhile to lose the one handed use. Maybe this does..

The Pre is such a different device from the iphone or bigger. It's used differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    seriously, what makes you think this topic needs another thread?
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JDGAFFLIN View Post
    Enough with these damn threeads already. Seriously, do you think people havent seen the other 23 of them? Your take on it is more groundbreaking then the others? Seriously?
    +1
    I did not know that 4g was up in Brooklyn.

Palm Smart phone of the year over the HTC 4G and Droid.

And I will say this again -
    What is with this garbage. Palm this, Palm that. Is 25% of this forum made up of trolls?

Palm has WebOS. The best OS on the market today for a cell phone. They have come out with the first generation of radically different phones in YEARS!. Palm, the OS and the hardware are almost always in the top 2 of any review. And yet there are those out there that ask "is this the end". Stop this cr*p. You are with Palm and WebOS or not. You want to stop the rumors or not.
    GIVE PALM A FREAKING BREAK - TROLLS!

Don't let the screen door hit you in the -
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 03/23/2010 at 10:13 PM.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!