View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 46 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950515696146 ... LastLast
    I would not mind the 10 dollar charge if I could actually use the service! But paying for something I won't/cant use just seems stupid.
    I fully expected there to be an additional charge for 4G.

However, since there is no 4G near me - or planned anytime soon for that matter - I would have to think long and hard about paying an extra fee for something I would only use when traveling out of my home area.

I'm not interested in the EVO, but if the next Palm offering has 4G, I'll have to decide if it's worth another $10 a month to have it.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    this has been what i've been seeing. is this correct?
    Source:
    http://phandroid.com/2010/05/12/htc-...able-june-4th/

At $450 is it worth it just as a computer to use with wifi?
    Last edited by double1; 05/12/2010 at 11:46 PM.
    Honestly, that sounds kinda low. I would expect at least $550. I really have no idea though
    You didn't give info as to your source and without a source we can't say but it's probably false
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    this has been what i've been seeing. is this correct?
    Source:
    [Update] HTC EVO 4G: $199 at Launch, Available June 4th, $450 Off-Contract? | Android Phone Fans

At $450 is it worth it just as a computer to use with wifi?
    I would say at 450 it would be very worth buying even if to use it as a tablet which I may just do being as anti-apple as I am
    I really feel for all of you who don't have 4G yet...doesn't seem fair they would make you pay for it if you can't get it. I have 4G at home on my desktop and it rocks!...yet I'm not as excited about the EVO as I was when it was announced (esp, after the HP/Palm merger). I think I'll wait until a WebOS 4G unit comes out because I can't imagine going back to the stone age with the other OS's available. Tried son's Hero and other son's BB Curve...not going there again. Hopefully Sprint will get 4G running everywhere and soon...it's way faster than my DSL ever dreamed of being.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    right right, with the hdmi output connect just plug into my monitor and that's it. We'll see how battery/heat issues affect performance when it drops Jun4. mark your calendars because this will be the day of reckoning for iphone, evo4g, and all other next-gen (hhhmmm,,, Hp/Palm are you listening?) devices. Too big? Maybe. More features than you can shake a stick at? you bet'cha.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I'll have to wait for some reviews to see if I want to jump ship.
    After all the early adoption hassle of getting a release Pre, it's better to wait a bit this time around.

The $10 blows, but is not necessarily a deal breaker.
    Review all these videos but the last on demos the speed of the browser and the ability to talk and browse at the same time.

Sprint's HTC EVO 4G put through its bandwidth-sucking paces -- Engadget
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    although the pre has server me well, lack of apps, and development tools might sway me towards the Evo
    lack of dev tools?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Surfing on the Evo is fast I think it is worth the price

Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Surfing on the Evo is fast I think it is worth the price

lets avoid the double posting eh?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    how about the chance of the evo becoming a laptop replacement? Anyone see this as possible? Lack of usb would kill, but for most stuff isn't it feasible that at least sometime in the future that a handheld device would surpass our current level of laptop computing, though i suppose by that time laptops will have hex core processors, usb 3.0 and much more..
    I LOVE WebOS, but am also planning on switching to the EVO. I was actually planning to switch to the Nexus One, but since Sprint's nixed that, the EVO it is.
    I'd much rather stick with Palm but they're not going to have a new device anytime soon. I'm at that "enough is enough" point in regards to the Pre's pitiful hardware. So it's T minus 54 days until my contracts up and it'll be "Hello EVO" time.
    I baby my Pre and I don't think it could last another year. It's been fun, but it's time. I want a solid device.
    yeah the $10 charge for limited 4G coverage is killing me on the decision. I will hold on to the pre to see what other phones coming out this year and sadly I'll miss out on 4G EVO since I don't have service here.

also a 4G palm phone? C'mon they can barely make a phone wit a 3mp camera and video recording. You think they will leap alot of advancement in the second new phone. I'm sayin second cuz the pluses don't do anythin more different than a regular pre in performance. (the hell wit ram you still get TMC error)
    The $10 charge includes unlimited 3G and 4G data. No caps on either network.
    too bad these aren't posted on yiutube (or are they?) I sure wish I could view these videos. I'm on my Pre, not near a PC at the moment.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Yeah, it's also wickedly expensive, additional $10 a month.