View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 42 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3237383940414243444546475292142 ... LastLast
    Yeah, Android is just DA BEST! and multitasks so much better.

Palm is beta, and the hardware sucks.

It sucks so much that it won two Red Dot design awards (quick, what Android devices, with their superior hardware, have won major design awards?)

Seriously, if y'all on the Android camp are going to come to Pre-land and argue the merits of your phone, please don't do so by insulting our intelligence. Thanks.
    PS, Android multitasking is "so much more stable" than Palm's that one of the top 5 apps on the Android platform is "Android Crash Reporter," which documents the frequent and frustrating (sometimes phone-hosing) crashes experienced on all versions of that platform:

Crash Report for Android
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    hey guys, if you switch to the evo, I wonder if you would consider donating (or selling cheaply) your pre to the web os internals dev team who are right now using their own pres to program. They are in the process of buying second hand pres now and it would be nice to get them from the community (see telethon thread and perhaps pledge there if you are interested...)
    Like how much would they buy it for? I'm not really sure what that telethon nonsense is...lol but I am a college student paying out of state tuition (from L.A.) so that's why I've posted that switching to Evo depends on price. I'll probably have Sprint buy my Pre back. They're currently offering $63, but that could go down by the time the Evo comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Yeah, Android is just DA BEST! and multitasks so much better.

Palm is beta, and the hardware sucks.

It sucks so much that it won two Red Dot design awards (quick, what Android devices, with their superior hardware, have won major design awards?)

Seriously, if y'all on the Android camp are going to come to Pre-land and argue the merits of your phone, please don't do so by insulting our intelligence. Thanks.
    Uh, I'm in no camp and on no "team". I'll leave it to you to personify these inanimate objects and pick which one is the dreamiest.

Both are great platforms that have features the other could really use. Neither is "da best." Get what works for you at any given time.

If you want to start waving awards around, I suggest you start with the one that matters most: the customer's purchase. I think Android is doing ok there. Palm? Not so much...
    PS, Android multitasking is "so much more stable" than Palm's that one of the top 5 apps on the Android platform is "Android Crash Reporter," which documents the frequent and frustrating (sometimes phone-hosing) crashes experienced on all versions of that platform:

Crash Report for Android
    Odd, I just went to Android.com, and it wasn't anywhere in the top 120-130 or so free apps. Oh well...

I'm speaking from personal experience, and I've never been told on Android I could not open an app. WebOS tells me somewhat regularly. I've never been told while I was IN an app that I could not open more caSo I think which is the more reliable multitasker is pretty obvious in any objective sense of the word. That doesn't even touch on web pages reloading on WebOS, or having to reset just to play a game (1.4.1.1/SprintPre/Glu Mobile's World Series of Poker).

But I guess that crash reporter works in that it helps Android push out maintenance releases to ensure stability. Would love for Palm just to get pictures in the photo album to render instantly like they do on every other feature and smart phone I've ever used. When I can swipe through photos on an Instinct S30 faster than I can on a Pre, something is very, very, very wrong.
    Sometimes I think I am getting too old for the rate race of getting the latest and greatest.

I have heard tale that the percentage of iPhone users that buy the next version is nearly 70 percent. That is what is truely absurd.

As long as my phone is functional, short term lag doesn't bother me. I am really not missing voice recording, though as I get older, I might start to forget things.... though I will likely just forget to record myself telling myself not to forget to record myself telling myself not to forget to record.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    The EVO is an awesome phone...the camera, screen size, and processor seem very appealing. But I'm on AT&T and getting the Pre+.

I'll definitely take a look at the Evo once it's out
    Sure they are. They're the staples of featurephones like the LG Rumor or Sanyo flip-phones or Motorola RAZR.
    They appeared on smartphones first, from what I remember.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I think the biggest factor will be that they charge for 4G. From what I've read they will have a special plan. This may deter me from getting it altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    I think the biggest factor will be that they charge for 4G. From what I've read they will have a special plan. This may deter me from getting it altogether.
    This is what I'm waiting on too. Assuming the EVO is $199 for upgraders, I'd be willing to pay $10 a month more for 4G (since I live in a 4G area), but any more than that and I'd be very hesitant unless the phone was an absolute beast.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Sprint - HTC EVO‚„Ę 4G

ALL THE BELLS PLUS EXTRA WHISTLES - $199.99.

The HTC EVO(TM) 4G arrives June 4.

>>Check it out here
    http://sprint.r.delivery.net/r/c/r?2...%5f%5fCWUWFNM0

"...a monster of a smartphone and we've only just grazed
    the surface of its potential."
    - Slashgear

"...it's easily the best specced phone we've ever witnessed."
    - Engadget

$199.99
    HTC EVO 4G

After $100 mail-in rebate. Requires new-line activation (or
    eligible upgrade) on select plans and a two-year Agreement.

NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO'VE SIGNED UP TO PREVIEW THE HTC EVO 4G
    SO FAR: 460,000 and counting

Get unlimited Web, texting and calling to every mobile phone in
    America from the Sprint network with Everything Data plans
    starting at $69.99/month or Business Advantage/Messaging Data
    plans starting at $59.99/month, plus a required $10/month Premium
    Data add-on for the HTC EVO 4G. An optional add-on turns your phone
    into a mobile hotspot connecting up to 8 devices at 4G speeds for
    $29.99/month.

*Two-year Agreement required.

>> Visit sprint.com/evo below
    http://sprint.r.delivery.net/r/c/r?2...%5f%5fCWbKFNO0
    Just got my e-mail from Sprint!
    Darn! I just got this email a second ago and was about to post the info. You beat me to it : (
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Nice... Until then, Palm... Until then.
    I'm in. Goodbye datacard and sprint smartview software. Hello 4g data and talking at the same time for when I'm using it as a hotspot.

$10 premium/month and $29.95/mo for the 8 person hot spot for those not clicking through the link. Also, it's $200 after $100 rebate. So for many that means they're heading to Best Buy.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Wrong forum. Close this.
    It's already in the Cross Platform Forum.

http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...-official.html
    Holding off for next Palm phone. This perfectly aligns with all the June 6th early Pre adopters though (for the 1 year upgrade price).
    in love with webOS....dont like android....will wait
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!