View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 40 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344455090140 ... LastLast
    I love webOS, the hardware and having a real keyboard with the universal search. My Pre is almost a year old and still performing well. I don't mind waiting until Palm releases the next generation of smartphones.
    sprint will get the pre+.....nothing new will come out for a while. maybe this time next year.
    HTC EVO 4G
    ROOTED
    CM6 ROM
    50FPS
    40mflops
    Quote Originally Posted by hal3146 View Post
    ... Palm better pull something out quick or I am jumping ship. ... I am finally learning to see a sinking ship and jumping off.
    Don't let the propeller hit you in the ***** on the way out!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I use my Pre to its fullest every day, maybe that's why I am getting so fed up with it. Just a while ago I was browsing the forums with it and the browser froze for almost one minute, I couldn't do anything with the phone. ...
    Just a hunch, but maybe something is running and needlessly chewing up the CPU when this happens. I've occasionally noticed this one or twice after running MyTether. I'd say to reboot the phone after using MT and your occasional freezes will only then occur when the Ice Cream Truck drives by!
    I don't run any homebrew apps, and have never had a problem with my phone.

Every person I have known with phone problems on webOS has been running rooted apps or homebrew apps.
    No homebrew here either, not a single patch, nothing. And all I had running was the browser. I never have a lot of cards open, I always get rid of all of them before I turn the screen off too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    No homebrew here either, not a single patch, nothing. And all I had running was the browser. I never have a lot of cards open, I always get rid of all of them before I turn the screen off too.
    That's too bad Manny. Did it just happen once or does it happen regularly? Were you on EVDO, 1xrtt, or wifi when using the browser? If you were looking at "car" pages, they tend to have a lot of images (which probably use up memory). I wouldn't say the same just for P|C though!

If it ever happens again, note the above and maybe we can figure out what the cause is.
    Sounds like you have a bad phone. I've never had that problem, even on a slower Pixi with multiple cards open.
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    That's too bad Manny. Did it just happen once or does it happen regularly? Were you on EVDO, 1xrtt, or wifi when using the browser? If you were looking at "car" pages, they tend to have a lot of images (which probably use up memory). I wouldn't say the same just for P|C though!

If it ever happens again, note the above and maybe we can figure out what the cause is.
    I was on EVDO, and I was on PreCentral. I think my Pre is sensing that it's going to be replaced soon.....or, since I was at Hooters when that happened, it was trying to tell me to stop screwing around on the forum and pay more attention to the girls! LOL

I think it might have something to do with NewsRoom, I don't want to bad mouth them or anything because it is a great app, but it seems that whenever I use it, the TMC error rears its ugly head even more frequently than it usually does. Palm really screwed us when they gave the Sprint Pre only 256 MB of ram, I bet TMC is not anywhere near as bad as on the Pre Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    How is a crash on the hardware Verizon's fault?

As for comparing Apples and Oranges, all I (and most users) care about is the experience, not how we get there. So far, Android's approach has been unable to produce a quality user experience. Perhaps they'll fix it in the future.
    Because the phones that rebooted were all located in a poor Verizon coverage area.

As far as the quality user experience, that is your opinion, there are millions of people that would disagree with you on that.

The iPhone user experience is pretty child proof, hit a button to open an app, hit another button to come back to the home screen. Repeat. No customization possible, except changing wallpapers, and that's only been officially supported since OS 4.0, right? Palm is the same way. What I like about Android, specifically the Incredible and the Evo with Sense on Android 2.1+ are the homescreens and how you can put useful information on them in a very customizable way. Every Pre and iPhone will look the same, but you can make your Android phone truly your own.

To each his own.
    Last edited by MannyZ28; 05/09/2010 at 05:31 PM.
    I plan on trying out the EVO as well, but will wait a couple of months for the user reviews. I think if you cruise the android forums there are as many people complaining about things there as there is here. Early adopters always get bit regardless of the device.
    Have you owned an android phone or played with one for more than 5 minutes in a store? Have you used 2.1 running with Sense on the Incredible or Desire? Have you customized home screens to your most favorite and useful widgets to have immediate access to info? Something you can't do with webOS. I'm guessing the answers to the above questions are no.

Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    As for comparing Apples and Oranges, all I (and most users) care about is the experience, not how we get there. So far, Android's approach has been unable to produce a quality user experience. Perhaps they'll fix it in the future.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Forget the price, when's the release date?? From all the chatter, it looks like June 6th at the earliest just in time for my upgrade. I love my Pre but it's just really sluggish.

On topic, I'll triple confirm the rumors of $200 with 2 year contract. $600 without. The question is whether or not Sprint or Radio Shack or even Best Buy will sell the phone without one.
    Last edited by Stake; 05/10/2010 at 03:11 PM.
    Have you tried the Android OS? I have not. However, before I would make a change, I would have to spend a good amount of time using the OS. webOS is so crazy good and simple that I would go bananas if I switch to a "hot" machine with "cold" OS.

Especially since there is no way that HP-Palm is gonna stand pat with the hardware they have.

This phone does what I need and it is pleasant to do it on. IF Android (and Sense) is terrific, then I can certainly understand (though the size of that beast turns me off, somewhat). I'll wait to see. I'll not be knee jerk bout it.

I am NOT saying anyone else IS, btw.
    Android, no thanks. The EVO will do great (in sales) and that will further push Android but more so for HTC's hw, not the OS.

Put WebOS on those type of hw specs and I'd pay $300+ for it, easily.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    With Sprint it's a no loss to try it out. If you don't like it you have 30 days to return it.
    there's a post of a flyier that someone captured from a RadioShack....it was lying on the counter. It was confirmed $199 with a 2-year. No mention of a MIR, but you can be pretty sure there'll be one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    there's a post of a flyier that someone captured from a RadioShack....it was lying on the counter. It was confirmed $199 with a 2-year. No mention of a MIR, but you can be pretty sure there'll be one.
    RadioShack doesn't do MIR.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    i am getting one for sure
    I'm hearing $199 on contract. My sources aren't hearing anything on the 4G though. Whispers are that it'll be free to start with, as they don't have a large enough 4G footprint yet to pull off charging for it.
    The Saint