View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 39 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2934353637383940414243444989139 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Sounds like the HTC EVO will be available in a few months and i'm seriously thinking about pulling the plug on my Palm pre.

The only thing that will keep me from switching is the price.

If the HTC EVO comes in at $199 or less, there's a good possibility I'm switching. If priced higher I'll probably wait it out and see if anything interesting is coming down the pipeline with webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    Why does Palm need to release NOW?!?!?!? Can you GET an EVO yet???? NO, so settle down! They have a products in the pipeline. This is STILL a good phone, ya it has quirks but all phones do! They have stated they are solving the quality issues.

Impatience is unattractive and foolish. Get over it and wait a bit. Sprint is the ONLY carrier with real 4g at the moment anyway and it's only in a few places -it's ALSO in it's infancy! Geez people!
    Well said, licotto. There are different types of tech users. The people who keep griping about 4G and Evo's and Incredibles are the type who typically are more concerned about showing off technology than actually using it. It wasn't that long ago that we were hearing this same stuff about the Motorola Droid. Funny, I haven't seen many of posts about jumping to that phone lately.

I can respect the people who didn't buy a smartphone because nothing on the market met their needs. But if you have a phone you've been living with and now suddenly you feel compelled to 'demand' or 'threaten' if your phone manufacturer doesn't come out with the 'biggest and best'... is just this side of stupid.

Let's just say: biggest screen, most eye-popping color, 4G/LTE network - equals either a phone the size of a paperback book or a phone with horrible battery life. Until a massive leap in technology takes place, you cannot have it all.

All phone do have quirks. If you go Evo, no hard feelings here, the more products out there the better technology gets for everyone. Besides, it will clear out (hopefully) all of the whiners from this forum. ... and allow the rest of of to continue exploring ways to make the phones WE choose to use work better for us.
    I'm positive it will be $199. And 4g will be free. If I am wrong you can punch my avatar in the face.
    I really don't see anything wrong with it, after all it is in the cross platform chat. I think the reason why people talk about it here is because the original pre crowd are all sprint users and have had the phone the longest and are eligible for an upgrade, so, since we all have been part of the pre central family, why is it so bad to discuss another product that we can upgrade too in the appropriate forum?

I see 4g as an added bonus, after browsing on an Incredible, I was truly surprised how fast it was. I think the 4g will only be helpful in streaming HQ videos.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    I'm positive it will be $199. And 4g will be free. If I am wrong you can punch my avatar in the face.
    Punching women is never funny

But more on topic the EVO is expected to be 200 with contract 600 without
    I agree it is very annoying, but that's not the worst part.

The most annoying is when some "EVO people" poke their heads in Palm discussion threads and leaving replys such as "Palm's going to die anyways, I'm getting the EVO!"

Come on, how obnoxious would it be if we all goto Android central and leave comments like "Android sux, webOS rules!" on every single thread?

Please learn to give some respect to people of different opinion.
    Goes double for all the threads like "I hate the Pre and am switching to (_insert whatever device_)."
    you are sick of them yet you created yet another. O man
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Well said, licotto. There are different types of tech users. The people who keep griping about 4G and Evo's and Incredibles are the type who typically are more concerned about showing off technology than actually using it. It wasn't that long ago that we were hearing this same stuff about the Motorola Droid. Funny, I haven't seen many of posts about jumping to that phone lately.

I can respect the people who didn't buy a smartphone because nothing on the market met their needs. But if you have a phone you've been living with and now suddenly you feel compelled to 'demand' or 'threaten' if your phone manufacturer doesn't come out with the 'biggest and best'... is just this side of stupid.

Let's just say: biggest screen, most eye-popping color, 4G/LTE network - equals either a phone the size of a paperback book or a phone with horrible battery life. Until a massive leap in technology takes place, you cannot have it all.

All phone do have quirks. If you go Evo, no hard feelings here, the more products out there the better technology gets for everyone. Besides, it will clear out (hopefully) all of the whiners from this forum. ... and allow the rest of of to continue exploring ways to make the phones WE choose to use work better for us.
    I use my Pre to its fullest every day, maybe that's why I am getting so fed up with it. Just a while ago I was browsing the forums with it and the browser froze for almost one minute, I couldn't do anything with the phone. But anyhow, I did enough ranting in other posts as to why I am getting fed up with the Pre, what I was trying to say is that I didn't buy the Pre because it was the latest and greatest, I bought it because after seeing the CES demo, webOS just seemed to make sense to me.

I'd never jump ship for the Moto Droid. It's missing what I like about the Evo, which is Sense, also, compared to an Incredible, the Moto Droid seems slow and sluggish, I had enough of that already. Call me a "Now" person. The speed is part of my reasoning for changing, but so is the big screen and higher resolution which will make web browsing much more enjoyable to me. 4G is just a bonus for me when it finally comes to my neck of the woods.

I am anticipating bad battery life, that's what bigger batteries are here for, and it's not like the Pres battery life is stellar with the stock battery, it was quite dismal, especially considering it's small screen.

I am not a whiner either, just voicing my opinion based on my experiences.
    My favorite thing about the Pre (and I was a die hard customer, standing in line at the Sprint store ((after leaving ATT/Iphone 3g)) 6.6.2009) is when I want to take a quick pic or video, and the phone freezes or it takes 5 to 7 seconds for the phone to show up. Wait, wait, wait, I love it it when I have to repeatedly input my Yahoo information when I get the "Password invalid" message.

I am the type of tech geek that like to get the best equipment(regardless if it's newly released, or 10 years old), that fits my needs. When I read the posting from the naysayers of the EVO (or palm-*******), I think this must be how it was when people argued that the word was flat, when introduced with the theory/fact that the Earth was round.
    sorry guys but after using android on multiple devices, I'm sticking to myPre I expect to see most of you back soon.
    if it makes you feel better there are over 400 threads on how to install preware/themes, stuck in headset mode, TMC error, and so on. So while you think the forums is being populated with useless EVO threads, look into the other useless threads.
    sorry guys after my phone doin a luna restart on it crappy device, I'm sticking to myneeds, I expect to see satisfied people soon.

LOL

that's for me and idc if I give the EVO a try and pre is better you gotta sacrifice somethin for somethin greater, and this ends up to it being a phone idc if a forums person name abegee or etc tells me I'll be back. I'll take a dump on ur post along wit my bad exp of my pre and maybe EVO and future phones. I need a phone that works and does all I want also, and my solution is in future devices not the current.
    From what i read ( and its all non official) the phone will be $199 with 2 year contract and upgrade discount but be $650 without the rebates but 4G will be an extra charge. But thats expected. They will structure there prices for the new 4G phones I will assume.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    There are over 400 threads about the HTC EVO in the pre|central forums. I for one wish the EVO-doers would take there flap else ware
    Wow. Some people's anger can be so misdirected.

Go ahead and get mad at Android or iPhone users. Continue yelling at physical objects if it makes you feel better. But don't ignore that The fact that so many PALM owners are discussing a non-PALM product on a PALM-centric site is because of how badly PALM botched things. We all went out and bought a Palm device because, for a time, we believed in it so don't dismiss these opinions just because they don't mesh with yours.

If Palm follows all the people abandoning ship then they may be able to rescue themselves in the process.
    Last edited by Urkel; 05/09/2010 at 11:39 AM.
    If you have to have the latest and greatest thing, get the EVO. In six months, you'll be posting "come on HTC, where's our Android 2.5 update! UPDATE NOW or I'm getting a Palm Omega!"

That's why these discussions are so silly. If you're all about having the "latest and greatest" rather than buying what works for you best, you'll eventually get dissatisfied with every single product and vendor out there.
    I'm actually not thoroughly convinced that all the people who claim to be Palm owners really are. Coordinated "dissing" PRPRPR $campaigns$ $have$ $existed$ $online$ $for$ $years$, $and$ $several$ $of$ $the$ &$quot$;$I$ $hate$ $my$ $Palm$&$quot$; $folks$ $have$ $already$ $more$-$or$-$less$ $outed$ $themselves$ $as$ $such$ $by$ $saying$ $things$ $that$ $nobody$ $who$ $actually$ $owns$ $a$ $webOS$ $handset$ $would$ $say$.

The marketshare and user numbers don't support the so-called "exodus to other platforms" theory, which means the "I'm leaving" people are either extremely communicative phone primadonnas, or disinformation folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Voice and video recording are NOT low end features.
    Sure they are. They're the staples of featurephones like the LG Rumor or Sanyo flip-phones or Motorola RAZR.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Very true, didn't they pin that down as being Verizons fault? Haven't heard too much about that anymore.
    How is a crash on the hardware Verizon's fault?

As for comparing Apples and Oranges, all I (and most users) care about is the experience, not how we get there. So far, Android's approach has been unable to produce a quality user experience. Perhaps they'll fix it in the future.
    I agree that they are starting to get a little annoying, but it's not unreasonable for Pre users to discuss the Evo, as that's where half the Sprint Pre users will be running to.
    Unless Palm hurries the hell up and gets a new and much better device out there, they are gonna be "bleeding" Pre users to the Evo at a ridiculous rate.
    The Saint