View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 38 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839404142434888138 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mscemt View Post
    I'm assuming you realize the irony of making a thread about the EVO, in which you complain about the number of posts about the EVO. Thanks to you now there are 401 posts about the EVO, well done!
    this made my day. even funnier is that we keep posting and that makes it stay on the top of the "new posts" list...

Irony upon irony upon irony.
    I doubt 400 threads about evo but it's the new thing . This thread should of been for the iphone it's about 600 threads about that. But I don't mind long as they put them in the rite spot. And far as 4g coverage if it isn't available yet the phone still willwork on ev so I can wait until it's up and running... So man up and get one like me
    you think there are alot of posts now, wait until May 12th through June 1st, this is just the tip of the iceberg ... Better off just browsing the Pre only section if your that bitter ...
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Nobody wins in these gimmicks. Ask an honest car salesman.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Umm... so freaking I thought it said it must be lower than 150 words...

I effing wrote 149 words...
    And then I read it has to be atleast 150...

...GUAHDKJA;LKFJD
    How can I re-submit?
    the problem is they keep posting them in the Pre Only sections...
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Nobody wins in these gimmicks. Ask an honest car salesman.
    That's an oxymoron. Like Open iPhone Platform.
    Came across this new good looking htc hd3 with a 4.5" screen' Wp7 with some awesome specs due out in November(rumor)? I visit the windows site and they are always mentioning a Htc hd3.

HTC HD3 Gets Confirmed by… the HTC EVO 4G [HTC EVO 4G (Supersonic) Specs & Features Confirm Previous HTC HD3 Rumors] TFTS – Technology, Gadgets & Curiosities
    Last edited by kinster02; 05/08/2010 at 05:31 PM.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Those specs are bull****. This phone doesn't exist.

I'm sure there will be a WP7 version of the EVO 4G, but not at the rumored specs. They are totally wrong and outside what is possible with current technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I thought the Nexus One was a solid device, but apparently there's quite a few buggy ones out there. So I'm getting one from someone who can report on the particular one's performance and I can test it. Backflip early adopters got bitten too. There's some problem reported with NC Incredibles rebooting(weird about the location bug). iPad got complaints too. Some Pre early adopters too, I remember all those complaints from last year.

At least wait for user reviews before buying anything IMO. Almost everything mobile these days is beta, like I said. Unless you don't mind, and many don't. I just hate to hear of people waiting as one of the first in line, just to have to return the device. It makes me think we're being played for suckers sometimes.
    Luckily the reviewers usually get their hands on these devices a week or so before they come out, so no need to wait long! That's how it was for the Incredible, all sorts of reviews before the device was available. But, as said before, unlike with the Pre, which was an all new device, the Evo is using known software and hardware, at least for the most part.
    Voice recording and video recording are nice low-end consumer features.

I was more attracted by what Pre did that others (including Android) didn't and still don't -- seamless integration with multiple Exchange, Google, Yahoo and MS accounts, easy seamless multitasking, and availability on CDMA (Android was restricted to GSM).

Further, compare where Palm is with where Android was when it launched. The Pre is a much better "first device" than the G1, and Palm's software development has been much faster (and better integrated) than Android. It's also kept the platform universally uniform (no forking) and updated within 48 hours of each other.

I'd expect that the Palm hardware will be much better within 12 months, but the important thing is the software -- it will be continuing development at breakneck speed, and the delta between the elegant webOS experience and the crash-prone and inconsistent Android experience will grow larger.

Meanwhile, the "Android video and audio advantage" will be gone, as those low-end consumer features have either been folded in, or will be shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Luckily the reviewers usually get their hands on these devices a week or so before they come out, so no need to wait long! That's how it was for the Incredible, all sorts of reviews before the device was available. But, as said before, unlike with the Pre, which was an all new device, the Evo is using known software and hardware, at least for the most part.
    But no one predicted that for some unknown reason, NC Incredibles would have some kind of weird reboot problem.

HTC Incredible suffering random reboots for Tar Heel fans and Duke devotees? -- Engadget

I look for USER reviews because most site reviewers don't even use the device from what I read. Maybe like one day.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zerohaste View Post
    Android may not be as good as WebOS, but it has far, far more support and isn't on the verge of dying off completely.
    hahaha....Ok...so, they're not "dying off" now, right?!? haha

Quote Originally Posted by zerohaste View Post
    Android will eventually get better with time. In less than a year it's already gotten far better than what it launched as.
    And...WebOS has gotten a LOT better in the ONLY year it's had since release...Android has been out for what, nearly 5 years now?? Seriously, let's see what AMAZING WebOS is doing in 4 more years!!!

You see, it's ALL about perspective! Keep in perspective that iPhone & Android have been out longer -they're more mature OS's (in some ways, that is). Take a look at the sheer number of updates Palm has released compared to Android AND Apple...COMBINED!!! Palm is kicking 'it' to get updates out!!

Props to Palm. (and thank HP!)
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post

I was more attracted by what Pre did that others (including Android) didn't and still don't -- seamless integration with multiple Exchange, Google, Yahoo and MS accounts, easy seamless multitasking, and availability on CDMA (Android was restricted to GSM).

Further, compare where Palm is with where Android was when it launched. The Pre is a much better "first device" than the G1, and Palm's software development has been much faster (and better integrated) than Android. It's also kept the platform universally uniform (no forking) and updated within 48 hours of each other.

I'd expect that the Palm hardware will be much better within 12 months, but the important thing is the software -- it will be continuing development at breakneck speed, and the delta between the elegant webOS experience and the crash-prone and inconsistent Android experience will grow larger.

Meanwhile, the "Android video and audio advantage" will be gone, as those low-end consumer features have either been folded in, or will be shortly.
    Voice and video recording are NOT low end features.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    But no one predicted that for some unknown reason, NC Incredibles would have some kind of weird reboot problem.

HTC Incredible suffering random reboots for Tar Heel fans and Duke devotees? -- Engadget

I look for USER reviews because most site reviewers don't even use the device from what I read. Maybe like one day.
    Very true, didn't they pin that down as being Verizons fault? Haven't heard too much about that anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post

You are comparing Apples to Oranges. Android is a platform, software only, other people had to make the hardware which is a completely different approach from what Palm did, doing both software and hardware. Google took the Windows approach, Palm took the Apple approach. So of course it will take a while to iron things out, and they did so rather quickly and successfully if you ask me.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    DataViz scrapping DocsToGo for WebOS really feels like Describe dropping OS/2 development, doesn't it?
    Have you seen the Dataviz site lately? It changed from 'standstill' to 'coming soon'... Ya, way to eat crow Dataviz.

Here's to hoping the guys working on open office will kick the trash out of Dataviz!!!
    Personally I am one of the debaters for getting the EVO 4g BUT in the end I will most likley stick with the PRE becasue I absolutley think WEB OS is awsome. I have used Blackberrys , Palm os , Iphone and played around with Android and my opinion ( and only mine) WEB os is abolsultey awesome. My PRE is doing what I need so I hope PALM/HP comes out with a device soon that matches some of the newer phones. Maybe if by end of summer no news from PALM I change my mind but for now I think its gonna stay the PRE.
    There are those that have to have the newest thing on the market. Then there are those that have to have the newest item from a particular company. I am one of those that will wait for Palm. I have always been with Palm and they will come out with a 4G in time. It may be this year or it may be next. I can wait. For me Palm is my brand of choice.

So those of you that want to just jump ship and go with another brand I say, friend have at it. For those that will wait I ask, when's dinner since family eats together. Friends meet in bars.

I prefer family.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Shout all you want but Palm wont hurry up. They will not spoil the release of AT&T Pre.

If you've seen a Droid incredible you've seen the Evo. No matter what the spec is it's still an Android. And I don't even care about 4G.

I'm sticking with WebOS. I'll be waiting for Ruby's shiny new toy.