View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 37 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787137 ... LastLast
    True. If you MUST have both Time Warner and Comcast cable, and require viewing ESPN scores through a mobile app "wrapper" rather than the mobile site (which works fine on the Pre), you'll have to go somewhere else. I prefer apps living in the cloud for such mundane activities -- I find the Engadget and Newsweek apps, for instance, to be completely redundant and a waste of time. Just give me a properly formatted mobile site.

A great deal of the EVO hype is "mine is bigger than yours." It reminds me of the arguments between 1990s PC and Mac users. The PC guy went on about how much faster his PC was, how it had 66 MHz compared to the Mac's 16 MHz, how it had three times the storage and twice the RAM and DOS ran more apps. Then the Mac guy handed him a document laid out in Quark and said "you were saying?"

EVO people will be posting HD videos of themselves lighting their own farts on Facebook in HD, while checking out the latest video clips from collegehumor.com. And that's important to them. But I'd like a phone with decent Exchange integration, a useable OS, and contact integration. That means I'll be sticking with webOS and passing on the fart-lighting HD video revolution!
    Sprint | HTC EVO "Blaze across America with 4G"

if you are a Sprint Premier customer then you could win the new HTC EVO 4G, a trip and more!!! I have entered and the 10 winners will be notified on 5/18/10. The last day to enter and win is tomorrow 5/9/10!!! Hurry if you want a chance to win the new HTC EVO 4G!!!!

Just click on the link above and follow the instructions!! Thanks Sprint and HTC!!!
    Last edited by crossover4life; 05/08/2010 at 01:04 PM.
    CRoSSoVeR
    I'll be waiting for the new Palm phone, my customized webOS is a perfect fit for me. Homebrew makes the webOS shine, imagine if palm could integrate preware into the stock phone apps so that everyone could customize there phones as they see fit. Just think what a marketing tool that would be if you could add and delete features on a whim!
    Has anyone on here besides me already entered to win?
    CRoSSoVeR
    wrong forum
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    entered I don't have a prayer to win but hey
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Not me. WebOS >>> Android, and I am really excited to see what HP/Palm come out with next.
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    Not me. WebOS >>> Android, and I am really excited to see what HP/Palm come out with next.
    I am too but we all know it is going to be a tablet and not a phone.
    <<closed - Wrong forum>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezistrat View Post
    entered I don't have a prayer to win but hey
    you have more of a chance then those who didn't enter
    CRoSSoVeR
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    wrong forum
    oh really....
    CRoSSoVeR
    There are over 400 threads about the HTC EVO in the pre|central forums. I for one wish the EVO-doers would take there flap else ware, perhaps http://www.androidcentral.com/ where I am sure you will be welcome with open mechanical arms. I follow pre|central to get information and news about the Palm Pre and other Palm products. While the specs on the EVO are impressive, it remains to be seen if it will measure up to all its hype and those seeking 4G had better take a close look at the coverage map before jumping into a phone without WebOS just because it promises faster downloads. Clearwire's total deployment of 4G is currently only in about 30 markets but that leaves a lot of Cities and States that do not have WiMAX coverage. It goes without saying that WebOS is a better operating system than Android so the HTC homies are betting everything on hardware. I wish them the best but I would like to wish them the best some ware else.

EDIT: The irony of making another EVO thread complain about the number of EVO threads was not lost on me!
    Last edited by not-yet-pre; 05/08/2010 at 02:56 PM.
    +100
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    wrong forum
    Quote Originally Posted by crossover4life View Post
    oh really....
    Yes, really.

<<moved>>
    Just call me Berd.
    +1000 if yu want to jump ship then jump ship already precentral will live on w/o you just fine
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I'm assuming you realize the irony of making a thread about the EVO, in which you complain about the number of posts about the EVO. Thanks to you now there are 401 posts about the EVO, well done!
    winning this drawing would be a complete fail other than being able to sell it on ebay.

Get back to me when you can get WebOS running on the EVO.
    They're fine as long as they are posted in the correct forum.
    Which is; "Other Handhelds"

If they are posted in relation to the Pre, they still don't belong in the Pre Forum, they belong in "Cross-Platform Chat".

Please 'Report' posts in the wrong forums to staff.

Thanks,
    -Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Well, the OP has a sense of humor. =)

Thank you for kicking several of them out Mr. Moderator. I appreciate it.