View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 35 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839404585135 ... LastLast
    Ah hush. Your just as bad as the people that's making the evo threads.
    November a way off, BUT...

It's better to wait for reviews anyway. Every time I turn around, early adopters get bitten by all the bugs. Everything is released in beta using customers as the testers it seems.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I'm not a fan boy of any kind, The pre is the best phone till the Evo comes out. I like both OS Andriod and Webos. So if palm/hp come with a better phone then I'll be back simple. I already went threw 5 pre. I'm still waiting for my replacement as we speak should be here tomorrow. I love webos, but HATE! the hardware. I listen to music and podcast a lot and what's keep breaking in my pre is the headphone jack it's the worst.
    Well 5 would put me off entirely and I likely wouldn't come back until they released a new phone too, LOL. In fact I usually say if the 2nd one is bad too, I'm done. I think I gave one device a 3rd try and it went bad too(this wasn't the Pre though).
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    One thing I like about having two lines. I have six month intervals so I have no problem having the evo and then the next palm device. I already switch between my Pixi and moment. The moment goes when the evo comes out. Worst case scenario is the Evo takes the place of my wireless card that gets cancelled.

And so far, I haven't paid over $100 for my last three phones (Pre and Moment included on their respective launch day)
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    No offense but my Pre is pretty much dead now. I don't know what i'll get but it will be gone before the year ends. WebOS does lots of things good. So i can live with it for a while without issue. But i need real apps. From major web and brick and mortor busineses. Bible, quote, and Your biggest fan apps don't impress me when i see other platforms getting mint and the like and already have tons of major apps.
    I made up my mind I will try the Evo next month when it launches even though I'm not a fan of Android and I had my one and only Pre since launch day without issue but after seeing so many videos on Andriod I think I can learn to like it. I will continue to monitor the Pre community like I do all the rest and should some new hardward come out with a bigger screen I will return to webos, who knows maybe in 30 days? I monitor the Evo posts and I have to say there are a lot of Pre owner that will be taking the plunge. I would like to sell my Pre while its still worth something to help offset the cost of the evo. If I don't there will be so many used Pre's on the market I won't be able to give it away, I hope it doesn't get that bad. Update: 14 may pre ordered
    Last edited by kinster02; 05/18/2010 at 03:57 PM.
    I have yet to find an area of functionality for the Pre where I cannot find an app -- there are merely two or three that do the job, rather than hundreds. For example, how many Twitter apps does one need?

For specific apps, some are not available for webOS but only for one platform (usually iPhone). In those cases, you really only have the choice to go to iPhone to get them.

For things like Mint, I use Citi, so get a reliable one-stop view of my finances that way through their mobile interface (which supports Palm).

Perhaps one day I'll find an app I "must have" that webOS doesn't have, but I haven't yet. And webOS's stability, speed, and user friendliness are much more important to me than the ability to have a crash-prone Android device with buggy apps (been there, tried it multiple times, always got promised that "this time it's fixed," not going back).
    I like the droid and the OS, but just not willing to carry the extra bulk.
    I am not worried too much about being an early adopter with the Evo, after all, the OS has been around and is continually being updated. HTC knows how to make hardware, and the Evo is so close to the HD2 that I don't think there will be any hardware issues. Add to that the lack of a sliding keyboard and that's just one less thing that can go wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I am not worried too much about being an early adopter with the Evo, after all, the OS has been around and is continually being updated. HTC knows how to make hardware, and the Evo is so close to the HD2 that I don't think there will be any hardware issues. Add to that the lack of a sliding keyboard and that's just one less thing that can go wrong.
    The OS is continually updated, but only on new hardware.

For instance, if you have a Sprint HTC Hero, you're still waiting for Android 2.1, which will "come out sometime this year." If you purchased a T-Mobile G1 this year, you won't get the update at all.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by debsawyer View Post
    I am making the switch, too. Palm will more than lightly have new phones coming out by the end of the year (hopefully) and I can switch back in 2011.
    Yes, and I'd really like to try an android for an extended period to see which OS I personally like.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I thought the Nexus One was a solid device, but apparently there's quite a few buggy ones out there. So I'm getting one from someone who can report on the particular one's performance and I can test it. Backflip early adopters got bitten too. There's some problem reported with NC Incredibles rebooting(weird about the location bug). iPad got complaints too. Some Pre early adopters too, I remember all those complaints from last year.

At least wait for user reviews before buying anything IMO. Almost everything mobile these days is beta, like I said. Unless you don't mind, and many don't. I just hate to hear of people waiting as one of the first in line, just to have to return the device. It makes me think we're being played for suckers sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    The OS is continually updated, but only on new hardware.

For instance, if you have a Sprint HTC Hero, you're still waiting for Android 2.1, which will "come out sometime this year." If you purchased a T-Mobile G1 this year, you won't get the update at all.
    Android 2.1 hits the Hero today actually.
    I have yet to find an area of functionality for the Pre where I cannot find an app -- there are merely two or three that do the job, rather than hundreds. For example, how many Twitter apps does one need?
    i'm not up on everything in the webos store but i'll take a stab. ESPN, CNN, Photoshop, beatmaker, Fidelity, redlaser, shazam, visual voicemail, ebay, paypal, Tom Tom, skype, bbc, fox soccer channel, Time Warner Cable, Comcast Cable, Fios, docs2go, etrade, cnbc, salesforce.com, etc, etc. Like you can go on an on. I understand that you may have all the apps you need. I just don't.

I don't twitter. So yeah one is good enough. but the choice in twitter apps is not exactly the same situation if you're judging it by ESPN radio apps of which there are none.

For things like Mint, I use Citi,
    Does citigroup have a palm app? I don't have Citi anyways. I highly doubt Citi accesses Mint.com. So i don't think Citi is the same as a Mint app. Like i have a etrade account.

Perhaps one day I'll find an app I "must have" that webOS doesn't have, but I haven't yet.
    i don't think of it as must have. I mean i can live without a phone. it's not a must have. i won't die. but for what i paid i have a level of expectation. considering all the launch apps where names i'd heard of i'd figure when they opened the catalog we'd see tons of names i'd heard of making apps. I don't care about voltage meters and girly apps and the stuff they keep releasing. Just my preference. I've noticed a lot more of the apps i want getting released for android too. so it's very much an option. And though webos is nice i could easily live with android or iphone 4. So to each his own. I'll keep using my pre till something better comes along and hope a mainstream companys flood the app catalog. But when something better comes and i can get out of my contract i'm gone.
    Till now I havent seen any other OS that could compete with webOS. There's nothing better out there. The only thing Pre's lagging is POWER! And I think Palm learned a lot since the very first release. The next-gen webOS device will have a much more power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    *yawn* Yet another "Pre is doomed" thread. Move along crowd. Nothing new here.
    I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

what's up with thread after thread on the evo 4g? Seems like 'PRE'central is turning into 'EVO 4G'central. Seriously ppl. Go to the andriodforum.com!

you read all these other thread with evo 4g so post on that one instead of making a new one! DUMB!
    I am soooo curious about this phone...one of our (this community's) biggest bragging rights is webOS- how intuitive it is to use, multitasking, etc...

...but the EVO -with the Sense UI overlay- seems to be verrry similar to the card system championed by Palm:

Like I said...I'm curious.
    I don't know how reliable this is, but I went to a corporate sprint store yesterday in Indiana and asked if he knew anything about when the Evo was coming out. (Strictly cause I'm curious, not cause I want to switch from my beloved Pre). He said, he has no official word, but then he said he would guess it would be out June 16th (the 16th doesn't make much sense) but it's mid June. So maybe sometime then?
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    my att iphone friend says he is switching to the evo. He says afte his 300 iphone bill for two phones
    yep, I know someone who pays 250 for a iphone and so other crap phone on att. Talk about ownage