View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 34 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484134 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Considering whatever Palm HAD up it's sleeve is likely going to be considered an HP "interim device" then would anyone really want the new palm phone?

There's so much that HP has to decide in planning their WebOS strategy so (IMO) it's a major risk to buy a new Palm phone.

I think the best bet is to stick with our Pre for as long as you can. But if you can't wait then going to Android/whatever for a year while WebOS incubates isn't a bad idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan000 View Post
    me
    +1 never leaving palm... For what?
    i was drooling over the evo's flashy looks and processor power etc.. but I will stick with Palm the little engine that could.
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Not me. I'm not impressed with EVO. And Palm will not leak anything for a reason. They do not want to spoil the launch of the AT&T Palm Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Not me. I'm not impressed with EVO. And Palm will not leak anything for a reason. They do not want to spoil the launch of the AT&T Palm Pre.
    I hope you're right because i really do love my Pre and I have high hopes for better hardware, bells and whistles....
    CRoSSoVeR
    Got to admit the hardware looks real nice. Too bad it does not have a keyboard. I am still very apprehensive about Android after really giving the OS a good test it lacks for me in so many areas. I feel that WebOS is superior in just about every way. I cant see giving up WebOS for my daily driver but I might just add a line so I can play with EVO.
    Last edited by rc46; 05/06/2010 at 04:46 PM.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I am making the switch, too. Palm will more than lightly have new phones coming out by the end of the year (hopefully) and I can switch back in 2011.
    Quote Originally Posted by debsawyer View Post
    I am making the switch, too. Palm will more than lightly have new phones coming out by the end of the year (hopefully) and I can switch back in 2011.
    thats probably true
    CRoSSoVeR
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I would say yes. The Pre is dead. The Pre-Plus? Kinda. Palm's next device? Hopefully not. WebOS is nice, Palm just needs hardware that can rival the specs of phones that are practically a year more advanced. Because they don't have it, or have not announced it, I will probably be going with the EVO for a while.
    Thats the only issue I ever had with Palm. there devices were always a year behind. I rememeber what a brick the Treo's were and they still had antenna's. I absolutley love WEB OS and I think the Pre is a great phone but it also is a little behind. Hopefully with HP involved that will get better.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Thats the only issue I ever had with Palm. there devices were always a year behind. I rememeber what a brick the Treo's were and they still had antenna's. I absolutley love WEB OS and I think the Pre is a great phone but it also is a little behind. Hopefully with HP involved that will get better.
    well to be fair the Pre had a cutting edge processor and GPU when it was released.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Depends if they come out with a huge new upgrade or not
    I give the PRE a pass because its new and a brand new OS but I just hope the next WEB OS phone is snappier and has some of the "cool" stuff the phones out now have. The Iphone got better every model. I expect the same progression from the PRE / Web OS phone.

Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    well to be fair the Pre had a cutting edge processor and GPU when it was released.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I give the PRE a pass because its new and a brand new OS but I just hope the next WEB OS phone is snappier and has some of the "cool" stuff the phones out now have. The Iphone got better every model. I expect the same progression from the PRE / Web OS phone.
    I do to, but until then EVO here I Come, plus i miss my custon home screen that I had on my treo that showed me the important info as soon as i cut it on
    Even if the Evo doesn't become my daily user, and I stick with the Pre, it'll at least replace my wireless card for not much more money, but with many many more benefits. I do think there are enough frustrated webOS users out there that will jump ship. And there are others that will just want to see what it's all about. If you're going to go Android, HTC & Sense is the way to go. They make Android more than palatable.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I'm getting sick of these guys who always say, "If Palm doesn't come up with something really quick I'm gonna get the Evo." Why don't you just get it. Nobody's stopping you. Then go to Android Central. Where you belong.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Maybe june 6. since I'm a sprint premier member I can upgrade every yr. And I got the pre on june 6. So I'll be switching. Maybe next yr I'll get another palm/hp if there hardware gets better.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/sneak-...#comment-31159

Moderator Note - This is the official place to discuss the HTC Evo. Please point all discussion here. Thanks!
    Last edited by pogeypre; 05/12/2010 at 06:01 PM.
    see ya,would not want to be ya.
    nice. But I can't upgrade till the end of november.
    Well the Pre is a year old and the Evo has hotter specs. Sprint also won't be getting the Pre Plus it seems. If they did, maybe people wouldn't want to jump ship to another device entirely. The Plus is what should have been released in the first place.

Also remember that people on techie boards are impatient for the next best thing anyway.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!