View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 33 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383133 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    Do you guys really think there will be a new WebOS device before the end of 2010? Not being sarcastic, really just wanting some thoughts.
    IF there is, it won't be an HP/Palm created device. We have yet to see HPs intentions with WebOS so there's always the possibility that our Pre and whatever else emerges in 2010 will be interim products that may not get the full love (and support) of HP.

My feeling is WebOS is on the right track longterm but buying now is pretty risky for the consumer.
    Judging from my experience with the Incredible (which felt like a repackaged Hero in every way from Sense to app execution), the EVO will feel like... a Hero but with a bigger screen and faster data connection.

Hero didn't kill Palm, I doubt that EVO will either. One of the most striking things about Android is, despite the procession of new hardware with "bragging point" specs, the actual experience hasn't significantly improved from 1.0 to 2.2 in the same way that, say, webOS has in its migration from 1.0 to 1.4.1.1.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    One of the most striking things about Android is, despite the procession of new hardware with "bragging point" specs, the actual experience hasn't significantly improved from 1.0 to 2.2 in the same way that, say, webOS has in its migration from 1.0 to 1.4.1.1.
    I don't have nearly enough experience with Android to make the claims that you make, but as a WebOS launch user then I'm curious what exactly Palm has "significantly improved". For the most part, every problem from WebOS 1.0 is still an issue with 1.4.1.1. Battery life, Out of Cards, Sluggish OS, Lack of Apps, Memory issues, Slow reboots etc. The only thing I can think of from my "fixlist" is the addition of the video camera, but even that is crippled by the slow hardware.

In no way am I saying Android is better because I'm not a fan. Im just missing what significant improvements I'm not noticing because (IMO) hardware has been WebOS biggest crutch and one thing Android users get is the option to buy improved hardware that can actually handle their OS.
    I love webOS too... But I really,really,really doubt Palm will release anything before 2011...IMO

and how have all of you seen the EVO to know it's to big for you. It's about the size of the Pre open..4.3". Did you cut out some play phone or cardboard cut-out?? LOL
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    *yawn* Yet another "Pre is doomed" thread. Move along crowd. Nothing new here.
    I don't see it as that at all. I for one will try the EVO for the 30 day period to see if it fits me better. The Pre is too small for me (I simply can't read the print- I'm older, so sue me), but I do love WebOS. If Palm announces a bigger slab type phone with a landscape keyboard, and 4G in the next few months, I'll wait. If not I will move to the EVO until a better WebOS device comes along.

And this is why I love the HP-Palm acquisition, because there are people like me who want a phone that's bigger, and don't pine away for a hardware keyboard that takws away screen size. With Palm's resources before HP bought them, there was no way we'd get multiple devices that fit different users' wants. I'm hoping that Palm/HP will use their resources to make multiple devices to fit several needs. I have faith that Palm is anything but dead. The Pre I don't care so much about.
    Again w/ the EVO? Good God! Yes the freakin Pre will cease to exist as soon as the EVO is released...along w/ world hunger, nuclear weapons, Lifetime movies, and Precentral as far as you're concerned!
    It seems the wait for the Sprint HTC EVO 4G may soon be over, with The Shack’s employee website excitedly telling staff that the pre-orders for the WiMAX-packing smartphone will begin later this month. The leaked screenshot confirms that the EVO 4G is “coming soon”, but fails to mention pricing or service plans for the much-anticipated handset.

The HTC EVO 4G has the same 4.3-inch WVGA display as the HTC HD2, but pairs it with Android 2.1 together with HTC Sense, an 8-megapixel camera and Qualcomm’s 1GHz Snapdragon processor. There’s also HDMI connectivity, EVDO Rev.A support for when you’re not in a WiMAX service area, and the ability to turn the handset into a MiFi-style portable hotspot.

Going by previous leaks, the EVO 4G is tipped to land at just $199.99. For more details, check out our hands-on report from the EVO 4G launch.

Sprint HTC EVO 4G hands-on:

Sprint HTC EVO 4G up for preorder later this month | Android Community

So who is getting the HTC EVO 4G instead of sitting around waiting for a HP/Palm device to be released?
    CRoSSoVeR
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    me
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan000 View Post
    me
    ME 2
    CRoSSoVeR
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I have to admit I am curious to play with one. But....after getting a Hero 4 months ago, i am hesitant! My city always seems to be last on the list for upgrades to the network making this an expensive 3G device. I got the Hero due to the prospect of having flash on it (which has since been cancled) so I am stuck with a phone that works OK, but not what I wanted.
    I'm making the switch, might come back to palm if they can make hardware that is as good as their older stuff, w/ faster processor(s), and more up to date features (higher rez cams, 4g, larger capacity) and improve on the stability and functionality of webOS (so i dont have to add 60+ patches to it to make it work even half way like i want)
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    I'm making the switch, might come back to palm if they can make hardware that is as good as their older stuff, w/ faster processor(s), and more up to date features (higher rez cams, 4g, larger capacity) and improve on the stability and functionality of webOS (so i dont have to add 60+ patches to it to make it work even half way like i want)
    Yeah you summed it up!! I do like Palm alot, but they seem to be up, down, up, down....I'm getting dizzy! lol
    CRoSSoVeR
    my att iphone friend says he is switching to the evo. He says afte his 300 iphone bill for two phones
    Quote Originally Posted by irocdaspot513 View Post
    my att iphone friend says he is switching to the evo. He says afte his 300 iphone bill for two phones
    evo evo evo evo////////tebow tebow tebow tebow!!!
    CRoSSoVeR
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I'll likely end up getting one.

However I will hold off until I know the price and until some reviews come back for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    I'll likely end up getting one.

However I will hold off until I know the price and until some reviews come back for it.
    If pre-order is this month sometime, I will order it if the price is around $199/ I'm sure alot of people will do the same. My $150 upgrade discount is due on 6/6/10 so i wonder how that will work!!
    CRoSSoVeR
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Evo going to be a 'hot' phone until the iPhone 2010 is released. Smh around june I just might have to not get on the computer since everyone and their mother going to be talking about the new iphone. So before you jump with the EVO wait a month and see which is better.
    It's not the phone so much as the service provider. Unless it's available through Sprint I won't be looking at it at all. You'd be hard pressed to beat the price of Sprint's plans.

Since the Sprint HTC EVO 4G is the new Sprint flagship phone, and since I *DO* live in a 4G area, thats the one I'll be looking at come June. So... It's service provider over equipment any day of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    nope. Gonna stick with WebOS.
    webos REALLLY? ... EVO 4g has alllll the things that webos praises.. It will multi-task & guess what IT WONT RESET EVERYDAY & Take an hour 2 open apps.. Pre is dead 2 me
    I doubt we are going to hear anything about the new Palm phone this month....because of the AT&T launch coming in days/week....i dunno what is logical wait time is before announcing the new phone.....but eventually we will get a new palm phone soon.
    I have no qualms with a bigger screen. If you like squinting to look at Palm Pre's ridiculously small screen, then more power to you. But I like the 4.3 inch screen, and I like the 8 mega pixel camera. However, I will get whatever hybrid HP and Palm puts together in a tablet form. WebOs kick ****, but the Palm Pre hardware sucks!