View Poll Results: Are you upgrading to EVO when you are eligible?

Voters
892. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck Yes! I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

286 32.06%
  • No Way! I <3 my WebOS and won't upgrade to any other OS

222 24.89%
  • Maybe, depends on how much it will cost me out of pocket.

80 8.97%
  • Not just yet. I'm happy with my Pre... for now...

286 32.06%
  • What the heck is an EVO?

18 2.02%
Page 32 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282132 ... LastLast
    Evo going to be a 'hot' phone until the iPhone 2010 is released. Smh around june I just might have to not get on the computer since everyone and their mother going to be talking about the new iphone. So before you jump with the EVO wait a month and see which is better.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Sticking with my Pre and WebOS. Looking forward to the next WebOS phone tho. I figure a faster cpu would make WebOS fly and extra memory will help a lot
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Evo going to be a 'hot' phone until the iPhone 2010 is released. Smh around june I just might have to not get on the computer since everyone and their mother going to be talking about the new iphone. So before you jump with the EVO wait a month and see which is better.
    iPhone is coming to what vendor though sprint or verizon?
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Yeah, not only is that iPhone not coming to Sprint (and I highly doubt great volumes of people who stuck with Sprint through iPhone 2G, 3G, and 3GS are now suddenly going to leave because this new one has mediocre multitasking bolted-on), but it may very well beat the Evo4G to market.

Don't think the one has anything to do with the other. Could be a problem for Pre Plus sales on AT&T, but I don't see it affecting the Evo.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    My feeling is Palm will release a new phone on ATT the same time iPhone goes to Verizon.
    I'm so slow, I still have a virgin palm pre and it works well!!!
    I'm not sure there is enough 4g coverage area at this time to make a switch worthwhile.

I like webOS anyhow...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    and NO plans for 4g where I live.
    Sure about that?

Clearwire Corp - News Room - News Release
    EvO? The Pre has been dead...Will i be getting it? I'm waiting for WP7 to show it's cards first...pun intended.
    I wonder what the current 4g "map" would look like.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I agree with HTC and Android overall just the updates from what I read take forever to come through. Of course you can probably root the device but still compared to webOS in which we get updates almost every month, there is no comparison. I get my upgrade this September so if there is no new Webos device out by then, well I am definitely going to have to either stick around with my Pre or just give into the EVO.

I actually love the screen size of the EVO, I mean thats PSP sized goodness and just every aspect of the phone is insane. I'm sure all of us will be debating this but remember the EVO has 4G compared to our 3G Pre's, so that right there and the fact that my area will soon have 4G might just take me away from webos, unless of course new hardware comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by dachiefmizzy View Post
    I agree with HTC and Android overall just the updates from what I read take forever to come through. Of course you can probably root the device but still compared to webOS in which we get updates almost every month, there is no comparison. I get my upgrade this September so if there is no new Webos device out by then, well I am definitely going to have to either stick around with my Pre or just give into the EVO.

I actually love the screen size of the EVO, I mean thats PSP sized goodness and just every aspect of the phone is insane. I'm sure all of us will be debating this but remember the EVO has 4G compared to our 3G Pre's, so that right there and the fact that my area will soon have 4G might just take me away from webos, unless of course new hardware comes out.
    The Android update thing is overblown, frankly.

For bugs, they quickly make maintenance releases available to the carriers. Both the Verizon and Sprint Heroes got them in very short order after release.

For major releases adding new features, it can take awhile, but that is on the respective carrier and manufacturer, not Google.
    Cheesus Crust these threads are getting silly.

Does the EVO still have Android on it? Yes. Oh, then I still don't want it.

I know I am one of the few on here but I could care less about specs. Megapixels this and gigahertz that. I just want a phone that I enjoy using and my experience using Android was anything but.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I swear that the next person mentioning the EVO again in the PRE forum I'll give them a virtual swift kick in the nuts.
    Please, no violence....

Moved to cross-platform chat.
    Palm should leak their new phone prior to EVO release....if they have any common sense
    Hell YES! (TM)
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    EvO? The Pre has been dead...Will i be getting it? I'm waiting for WP7 to show it's cards first...pun intended.
    Your Pre died? Wow, guess that's excellent news, since you now can change, right?

Seriously, what constitutes "dead"? They are getting new carriers, new software is being written for them, and new updates. What makes them "dead"? Surely there's more to that than you deciding so...
    Maybe it's dead for those that are going to get an EVO? Lol

I'm not rolling anywhere. WebOS has me spoiled. The EVO hw looks great and if I could get that hw with WebOS on it, it would be FTW!!!

However, Android is a step backwards. No thanks, I'll wait and see what new hw Palm releases later this summer.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Do you guys really think there will be a new WebOS device before the end of 2010? Not being sarcastic, really just wanting some thoughts. I sure hope so, cuz I like WebOS too, but sure wish it would be a tad snappier. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    too big and no keypad. I am not interested in it at all.
    the size isn't nearly as big an issue as some think it is.

The reason so much pre marketing involves women is because of the "dainty" and feminine look of the phone, but in reality then any pocket or purse that can fit a Pre can fit an EVO.

I'm not jumping to the EVO either because I'm just not an android fan. But I could definitely see myself settling for one if HP, MS., or Apple fails to give us a MODERN device on Sprint.